My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Oct 28, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #646 of 651
Quote:
I am back. 

It was cold in Siberia but I learned how to catch, skin and eat wild packs of Sennheiser CX-300s, so I'm still fighting fit and ready for action. 

So you went for the easy catch, when the morally correct decision would have been to go after those pesky white Apple buds. But then again, amidst all that Siberian snow, who can blame you?
wink.gif

Anyway, welcome back!
smile.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #647 of 651
x2. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Okay luco buddy, the tips that are really doing it for me on the Pannys - next to the Phonak - are the large black triple flange Monster tips. Man! It really sharpens and focus all the details coming out of these iems, and gives great instrument separation. I generally don't like triple flanges, but these are working for me on the Pannys... It also adds nice weight to the instruments.

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #649 of 651
@ ericp . Interesting that you like the triple flange on the hje900 ,i dont think i have tried them on those yet , i will give it a try later and i agree the gel super tips are not the best for the hje900.

I did have the shure olives on the sm3 for a few days ,sounded really nice but i felt they made the bass too soft for my liking in the end and I did try the gel super tips on the sm3 the other day ,sounded really nice on a lot of music but on some music they tended to make the impact of the bass lose it crispiness so i have switched back to my duel orto tip mod , i have never found any tips that sound better on the sm3 than those.

I really like the gel super tips on the ortos ,they beef up the bass  quite nicely which counters there very forward midrange rather well ,after giving them another listen the other day i think you are right about them being top tier so i reinstate them as such in my minds eye
wink_face.gif

What's that buddy album called  ericp buddy ?

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #650 of 651
Living Proof @ luco buddy
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #651 of 651
Just got a Cowon x7 and am very pleased with it ,only been listening to it for a couple of hours so far but it sounds pretty impressive and the almost endless eq possibility's are great to play with ..Am using it with my monster golds and the results are very satisfying .
L3000.gif

The internal headphone amp is very good and goes way louder than i could ever listen to so need for a portable amp .

The touch screen is very responsive and the visual quality is very good .

The Instruction booklet that comes with it is quite limited in details but i have found it very easy to use and have loaded around 5gbs of music on it so far and it only took around twenty minutes to do so if that. 

The unit its self is larger than i imagined it would be ,around half the size of a standard cd case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back