My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Oct 27, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #631 of 651

I read that one and it made me smile
biggrin.gif

Good to see it sorted out for you

I thought I was going to miss all of your J3 settings posts - I've followed both the SM3 and the HF5 settings and they are quality mate
bigsmile_face.gif

You should post them all somewhere in the same place for others me thinks!

Quote:
Cheers mate. Apparently nobody - not even the mods - know why I was banned. Guess it could have been that comment about the face of Jesus appearing on my iPod which incurred the wrath of the big fella upstairs....

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #632 of 651

Welcome back Bennyboy. Apparently none of us are immune to a ban, whether warranted or not. It's almost like a right of passage sort of thing. You're an audio hi-fi man now Bennyboy. Go forth and spread the sonic word!!
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Cheers mate. Apparently nobody - not even the mods - know why I was banned. Guess it could have been that comment about the face of Jesus appearing on my iPod which incurred the wrath of the big fella upstairs....

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #633 of 651
Hey benny

maybe you should change your nickname to bennyman now that you became a man through ban
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #634 of 651
Both are great earphones but Id say for your music tastes go with the SM3 and be amazed at the sonic bliss you will hear
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
I have a dilemma, I've just purchased the RSA Predator and I am deciding on the best IEM to go with it for my tastes in music. I love indie rock/acoustic/metal/ambient/post-rock.

My music presentation tastes include a nice, sparkly treble, grado-esque aggressive guitars, lush vocals and a thumping punch from the kick drum, but not so much the bass guitar. The bass must not blend into the mids. I am kind of tossing up between the Westone 3 which i can get for $330 or the SM3 which i can get for $340. WHICH TO GET?

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #636 of 651

Quote:
Both are great earphones but Id say for your music tastes go with the SM3 and be amazed at the sonic bliss you will hear
tongue_smile.gif

Haha damn you. Purchased the SM3 and they were shipped same day. I line in Australia though so I will be waiting a week and a bit. Bought the RSA Predator too, hopefully I will be impressed!

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #639 of 651
lucozade buddy, you need to get the new Buddy Guy album (it was just released in the states on Monday) called "Living Proof." The guitar playing will take you to another plane buddy!! By the way, I'm trying the Monster Supergel tips on the Pannys now. It definitely increases the bass and the guitars, but brings the soundstage too close together for my liking. There's not enough space between the instruments as it is with Phonak tips I use, but a nice sound nonetheless. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #640 of 651
Okay luco buddy, the tips that are really doing it for me on the Pannys - next to the Phonak - are the large black triple flange Monster tips. Man! It really sharpens and focus all the details coming out of these iems, and gives great instrument separation. I generally don't like triple flanges, but these are working for me on the Pannys... It also adds nice weight to the instruments.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #641 of 651
Listening to Tool on the X1060/SM3 rig right now. Sonic bliss is quite right luco. Well, slightly lo-fi bliss, but they make even grungy hard rock amazingly enjoyable with their smooth nature and rich mids. I've been spending the last couple weeks listening to my Ultrasone 780's with the Arrow amp along with the Sony, and it's amazing to come back to an earphone like the SM3's which stack up this nicely. I like how I don't get a very pronounced 'in your head' experience with these earphones. 

Oh, and welcome back benny!  
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #642 of 651

which album ?

btw tool are intelligent progressive rock , not grungy hard rock.

the grungy hard rock label would fit only for their 1st album undertow ,which imo suffers from mediocre and thin production that doesn't let the songs shine in their full glory....

Quote:
Listening to Tool on the X1060/SM3 rig right now. Sonic bliss is quite right luco. Well, slightly lo-fi bliss, but they make even grungy hard rock amazingly enjoyable with their smooth nature and rich mids. I've been spending the last couple weeks listening to my Ultrasone 780's with the Arrow amp along with the Sony, and it's amazing to come back to an earphone like the SM3's which stack up this nicely. I like how I don't get a very pronounced 'in your head' experience with these earphones. 

Oh, and welcome back benny!  
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #643 of 651

Quote:
which album ?

btw tool are intelligent progressive rock , not grungy hard rock.

the grungy hard rock label would fit only for their 1st album undertow ,which imo suffers from mediocre and thin production that doesn't let the songs shine in their full glory....

I guess I was referring to the overall character/sound to their guitars. To me, it's definitely complex, edgy, layered recorded guitar work. Maybe 'grungy' is not the best descriptor. Agree their lyrics are progressive. But I think my favorite aspect to Tool is the drum work. 

I'm listening to Aenima. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #644 of 651
Good for you, i have a gift for you...Pm'ed

Quote:
I guess I was referring to the overall character/sound to their guitars. To me, it's definitely complex, edgy, layered recorded guitar work. Maybe 'grungy' is not the best descriptor. Agree their lyrics are progressive. But I think my favorite aspect to Tool is the drum work. 

I'm listening to Aenima. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back