Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Oct 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3,406 of 4,841
  It's not V shaped at all~ and it's no where close to V shaped, especially the new FP model. JH13 FP is not mid recessed and the overall presentation is actually a little bit forward, the vocals are placed quite well. If you like "smooth" vocal, I would actually suggest it.

Although it's very detailed, JH13 has a special sound tuning, it's combination of upper mid and lower/mid treble doesn't provide the best transparency and the most accurate imaging. If you like it, you might think it's one of the best, if you don't, you might find the bass is a bit strange and the presentation isn't neutral enough.

Hmm, that sounds quite good actually. I was just worried about it because I previously have owned the TF10, which I'd assume the JH13 was just an improvement of that type of sound. I'm guessing that's wrong?

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #3,407 of 4,841
I also think "V-shaped" is an inadequate description for the JH13 FP. Yes, it's got some extra bass energy there, and yes the upper mids are somewhat forward, so I can see how one would arrive at that conclusion. But somehow it just doesn't work - mds are very present, very clear, and very enjoyable. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #3,409 of 4,841
  ... and yes the upper mids are somewhat forward

This, to me at least, often points towards use of TWFK variants, even though I am well aware that Jerry specifies his own flavour of TWFK.

(incidentally, I am well aware that tuning plays a big part in how a multi-BA CIEM sounds
wink.gif
)

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #3,414 of 4,841
Can't wait to try out the new Roxanne or Custom Art CIEMs, see what's the magic of this many drivers

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #3,417 of 4,841
  It's so funny lol. :D Yeah I do have flagship in the making but I it won't have so many drivers certainly.

Dang, I can't believe how many people thought I was serious! Sorry for any angry emails you might get, wondering when it will be ready..... I thought for sure it was clearly a joke on my part. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,420 of 4,841
  Can we tease out how many drivers?

Also will they be small like you see in the JH13 or giant like the bass driver for the ES5?

I'm sorry but I can't reveal much. I can say though that it will be based on the newest generation drivers - so new they are yet to be officially announced by Sonion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back