Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 11, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #1,561 of 4,841
Quote:
Joe, what do you think about Sleek Audio CT7? Dual driver design for $700. Some people say it sounds flatter and more realistic than any top tier 6-8 driver CIEM.

Quote:
The only person I've heard say they were on that level was the guy from pnosker.com - he claimed they were as good as his JH16 and UE18, in terms of being a good all arounder. I know several people who were fairly disappointed with the CT7 though, so I kind of doubt they are as good as that single review makes them out to be. I suspect they just hit that reviewer's ideal sound sig (which is fine, nothing wrong with that). 

There is also a review of the CT7 by the enigmatic Shigzeo.  I gather it is a very neutral sound signature, but I am not sure what the technical performance is in comparison with others within the price range.  I really wonder how it would compare with something like the CTM-200 which is much cheaper or LS6 which is in the ballpark price wise.

Quote:
O.O Joe how come I haven't heard news about Dunu selling customs in China?! I didn't see any news on erji.net yet!

I can't answer that one, but I asked Rocky.  Read the last line of this post on the DUNU Facebook page...

Quote:

The explanation is simple:

In the rarified world of Custom IEMs, Joe has access to 'The Batphone':

You, on the other hand, don't...  
tongue.gif

wink_face.gif

May 11, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #1,562 of 4,841
Quote:
O.O Joe how come I haven't heard news about Dunu selling customs in China?! I didn't see any news on erji.net yet!

Hi Xymordos

I Rocky, SR of DUNU.  DC4 is under improvement recently. so it's not vending now. So maybe you didn't find it for this reason. Currently, we are  trying  to improve the 4 way divider.

Sorry for pursuing the Quality. DUNU is actually quite a Quality demanding company lol. Always look for better way to improve the quality.

After all, Customer's satisfaction is the most important to us.

Any inquiry about DUNU, you can leave it  at the Faq post below.  or Just contact rocky@dunu-topsound.com. I will reply as soon as possible, thanks. Hope fans understand that following DUNU related post is quite hard. "DUNU" show up I guess in at least 100+ thread here. So for efficiency's sake please contact me either way, thanks.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609647/dunu-serive-thread-please-leave-your-question-here-faq

I will update some news in that thread as well. Sorry late reply lol.

Best,

Rocky

May 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,563 of 4,841
Anyone's used CX6 iems sold by g customs? I've heard that the company, Gui Ling which manufactures the ciems retailed by g-customs is opened by a technician previously from Rooth.

Actually, is there a difference in the workmanship of the ciems that are purchased from different countries?

May 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #1,564 of 4,841
Actually, is there a difference in the workmanship of the ciems that are purchased from different countries?

No, it varies more from individual company to individual company, rather than by the country of manufacture.

One might even go so far as to suggest that it varies from individual technician to individual technician, even within the same company. I've experienced this myself.

May 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #1,565 of 4,841
I see, thank you for your reply! I hope you can make a improved DC4 at the same price :D

May 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,566 of 4,841
Just wondering, has any of you owned a pair of universal customs?
Or maybe a pair of demo universals?
I lost the tips for my UM universal customs and i do not know which tips will make a good replacement tips as i do not want the sound signature to change.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

May 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #1,567 of 4,841
Shure foamy tips should fit them.
Quote:
I lost the tips for my UM universal customs and i do not know which tips will make a good replacement tips as i do not want the sound signature to change.
Thanks!

May 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #1,568 of 4,841
Quote:
Anyone's used CX6 iems sold by g customs? I've heard that the company, Gui Ling which manufactures the ciems retailed by g-customs is opened by a technician previously from Rooth.

Yes, Gui Ling did design the Rooth stuff, except the new LS8+ and LSX5, which have been done in a partnership with HFI International.

And Mython's answer is right on.

Quote:
Thanks!

I have several sets of universal custom IEMs at the moment, but it really depends on how the nozzle is shaped.  The UM demos I tried had notches cut in them to hold the tips in place making it challenging for many tips to stay on, but the Rooth demos have much better shaped nozzles.  So, it depends.  Silicone stretches better than the inner core of foam tips, so you probably want to buy a wide range of tips to see what works best for you. 

May 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #1,569 of 4,841
I've heard that Earsonics provides upgrading and downgrading of drivers for their customers at no additional price. Can anyone confirm this?
Earsonics is also known for their full acrylic shells but it comes with an additional price otherwise the shell will be the same any other ciems.Is that right?

May 16, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #1,570 of 4,841
I am not sure about the downgrade, but they do offer upgrades for a price.

There is no additional cost for the solid acrylic shell, and it makes them very solid and prevents other companies from reshelling them.  The different shells I know of are as follows:
- Acrylic, hollow: most CIEM manufacturers
- Acrylic, filled: Earsonics
- Acrylic, silicone filled: Starkey
- Acrylic, silicone canals: Hidition
- Acrylic, vinyl canals: Westone
- Silicone: ACS, Spiral Ear, Minerva, Sensaphonics, Pure Tone, Earproof, Hearwave
- Plastic: Ear Power
- Canal only, acrylic (silicone fill and non-filled): Starkey
- Canal only, silicone: Earproof

May 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #1,573 of 4,841
The Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference review has been posted here.

Quote:
any chance we'll see a merlin or mg6pro review some time? (obligatory thanks for all the work, amazing etc. as well)

There is always a chance...

Quote:
This thread gets more amazing . Its a Treasure chest ......Joe you are da man.........Custom Joe!!!!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back