Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Apr 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #1,516 of 4,841

Quote:
I've received studio-V recently and I will receive rocooBA in near futrue as well I hope to be able to chime in when I got my Merlins :)

you liked the sound of studio V? what's the sound signature? 

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #1,517 of 4,841

Quote:

Oh, it's a bit tricky question. I really didnt have much time to listen to it lol. I gave it a quick listen after it arrived with hisound live buds I must say I was impressed. I also don't have any higher-ended earphones/headphones right now to tell you more.
After I received Merlin I will do some review and comparision

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #1,518 of 4,841
What's the difference btw the RoCoo BA and the RoCoo D Power Edition? I've got the latter and it is not great with most of my customs, though in a few cases it does well. There is still a hiss problem. Even when I switch to the various firmwares that are supposed to eliminate hiss, it is still audible and therefore annoying.

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,519 of 4,841

Quote:
What's the difference btw the RoCoo BA and the RoCoo D Power Edition? I've got the latter and it is not great with most of my customs, though in a few cases it does well. There is still a hiss problem. Even when I switch to the various firmwares that are supposed to eliminate hiss, it is still audible and therefore annoying.

The Rocoo BA doesn't have hiss issues they resolved this with the amp I think. I also bet it has low output impedance. If would be nice if someone with tech-savvy could confirm this.

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #1,520 of 4,841

Quote:

The sound sig is on the brighter side, but still not much brighter than say the iPhone, just with a much more 3D presentation.

Quote:

Here is a quote direct from Jack from Hisoundaudio:

The difference between ROCOO P and ROCOO BA are the following:
1, ROCOO P HAVE 80 MW output power. while rocoo BA has only 50 MW out put power.
2, the sound signature of ROCOO P is lean to ROCK, POP and bassy music styles.while the ROCOO BA is lean to strings, vocal, and accounstic. which is a bit slow in speed.
3, ROCOO P has stronger impact bass, while ROCOO ba have the highest resolution of sound. it's sound signature is refine and clinical.
4, ROCOO P may has very slight hiss with some high sensitive customized IMEs, while ROCOO BA has no hiss paired with the high sensitive customized IMEs. Of course, their earphone amplifer circuit are differenct design.
5, ROCOO BA is the exclusive player for the high sensitive earphones. The price is USD 249. The rocoo p IS priced at USD 179.

The introduction of ROCOO BA ROCOO BA (special for BA driver earphones) ROCOO BA is an exclusive hi-fi player for Balanced Armature(BA) type earphones. BA type earphones are usually have power hungry, multi drive design. Hence, the need for stronger driving power.

The ROCOO BA has a 50MW output power which is several times stronger than the most common players. The critical important advantage of the ROCOO BA is the very good control strength which drives the high sensitivity BA earphones yet still maintaining excellent detail, airiness, texture, and smoothness. The ROCOO BA has a high resolution sound output which can reveal even the most minute nuance of the music. Superior soundstage combined with excellent refinement, the ROCOO BA will redefine your BA earphone listening experience.  

The D Power edition (now called P) doesn't hiss with my CIEMs, but it really lacks bass reverb while the BA sounds pretty much like the original Hisound stuff but without the hiss.  I would have to say I agree with most of the last paragraph that Jack wrote, which is why I just quoted it!

May 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #1,524 of 4,841
wow this one looks different from all of your IEMs joe! :wink: Great design!!

looks like carbon fibre. But I guess it's not

May 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,530 of 4,841
Quote:
your NT6pro looks better in "person" than in picture :wink:

Hmmm, someone who's seen Joe's NT6Pro in "person", and who has a Korean DAP in their avatar pic...

Methinks you are no stranger to Korea, and may in fact speak fluent Korean. Some might even speculate that you might work in a certain custom IEM lab somewhere in Korea!  
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back