Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Sep 10, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #453 of 4,841
those are japanese kanjis. One is wai-"obscene" and the second setsu-"filthy". Together its waisetsu-"obscenity" :p But chinese "indecency" is very similiar in meaning so it's ok :)

ED!T

omg, I found that in chinese it can also mean "licentious" =o UM probably don't have a good opinion about me :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #454 of 4,841

Quote:
Finally got my UM Aeros :D I hope you will like it:

I know, it's a bit flashy (different colors, transparent tips, silver faceplate with graphics) but when I put it in my ears, it gets more gentle :p I feel a little discomfort with my left ear, and after 3 hours of listening it gets a little itchy. But maybe it's just because of bad arrangement. I need to experiment a bit. I also found some bubbles in acryl. Its very hard to see in the colored parts, but in the transparent tips they are obvious. But maybe not in the photos, because Im a bad photographer :) Overall I'm happy, but I've been expecting a little more. I have nothing to say about the sound. Im not an audiophile, but musician and I use it for monitoring. Sound is just fine for this application.

Very nice; I am looking forward to your thoughts on the sound...

Quote:

popcorn.gif

Quote:
those are japanese kanjis. One is wai-"obscene" and the second setsu-"filthy". Together its waisetsu-"obscenity" :p But chinese "indecency" is very similiar in meaning so it's ok :)

ED!T

omg, I found that in chinese it can also mean "licentious" =o UM probably don't have a good opinion about me :frowning2:

Funny!

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #458 of 4,841

Quote:

ED!T

loled at this

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #460 of 4,841
Hmm, between the Miracle, ES5, and UERM, which one would offer the perfect blend of a musical, yet analytical sound? As eager as I am to try the UERM, I feel it'd be a tad too thin sounding for my exclusive genre of music (trance & progressive), and will most probably lack bass body, weight, and impact, while retaining the best possible quality, no doubt. I feel the ES5 would offer me the most musical experience, between the 3; especially if it's slightly mid-centric, which would make listening to vocals a blast. Hence, my analytical side is pulling me closer towards the UERM, while my musical side is pulling me closer towards the ES5. Coming from my RE252's and ER4S', I don't want to sacrifice anything in terms of details/nuances; yet coming from my TF10's, I want a sound that's just as musical. Would the Miracle be the middle man here, and offer me the best of both?

I doubt as to whether anyone owns all three, but would like to hear from the respective Miracle, ES5, and UERM owners. Given my preferences, which direction would you recommend? Here's an example (click the blue play icon) of the type of trance & progressive I enjoy most. TYIA fellas. 
smile.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #462 of 4,841

Quote:
Hmm, between the Miracle, ES5, and UERM, which one would offer the perfect blend of a musical, yet analytical sound? As eager as I am to try the UERM, I feel it'd be a tad too thin sounding for my exclusive genre of music (trance & progressive), and will most probably lack bass body, weight, and impact, while retaining the best possible quality, no doubt. I feel the ES5 would offer me the most musical experience, between the 3; especially if it's slightly mid-centric, which would make listening to vocals a blast. Hence, my analytical side is pulling me closer towards the UERM, while my musical side is pulling me closer towards the ES5. Coming from my RE252's and ER4S', I don't want to sacrifice anything in terms of details/nuances; yet coming from my TF10's, I want a sound that's just as musical. Would the Miracle be the middle man here, and offer me the best of both?

I doubt as to whether anyone owns all three, but would like to hear from the respective Miracle, ES5, and UERM owners. Given my preferences, which direction would you recommend? Here's an example (click the blue play icon) of the type of trance & progressive I enjoy most. TYIA fellas. 
smile.gif

ES5 and UERM provide much more detail than the ER4S or any Hifiman I've heard.  Those aren't even top tier universals by my standards any more.  I'd say the UERM is closer to being musical than the ES5 is to being analytical.  Assuming we mean the same things.  Analytical sound doesn't mean detailed or resolving IMO.  I've only heard the Miracle demo but it's not close to the real thing as I've been told.  

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #463 of 4,841

Quote:

smile.gif

I haven't heard the ES5 and have only heard a custom Miracle made for someone else, but I would say the JH16 and LS8 are excellent choices for that track.  You did/do have a reshelled JH16, although there is always the question of how the reshell sounds vs. the real thing.  And the LS8 is smoother with slightly better detail than the JH16 but not quite as wide of a soundstage (check out my comparison in my JH16 review if you haven't).  I have been testing aftermarket cables and they make a very noticeable improvement to the JH16.  

The Miracle, from what I gather from my listening experience to |joker|s Miracle, is less bright and less analytical than the LS8, JH16, and UERM.  And those that I know that own the Miracle and ES5 (different people) think they are more on the musical side vs. analytical.  

The UERM doesn't lack bass and if you compare with the RE252 and ER4S you will have plenty of bass.  While not enhanced like the TF10, the UERM can outdo the TF10 in the bass region in detail, texture, dynamics, and overall amount of bass it can output.  

Then there is the Starkey SA-43 which offers a bass switch for enhanced bass (not as much as the JH16 with the switch on) and is more on the accurate side between analytical and rich.  Plus, you can make it mid-centric at the flip of a switch.  

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #464 of 4,841
Hello

I've ordered a pair of Starkey SA-43 a week ago, impressions in the lab to be lazermoulded as we write...

Going to audition both Fostex HP-P1 and Just Audio AHA-120 when i get my customs, and seek out whats the best match for them...

Only downside is that Norway is out of the EU, so im bound to pay extra tax for them because my crappy country knows where to rip us off..

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #465 of 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemshemems /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only downside is that Norway is out of the EU, so im bound to pay extra tax for them because my crappy country knows where to rip us off..

Isn't Norway in European Economic Area which means no taxes to or from EU countries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back