Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Aug 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #436 of 4,841

Quote:
Dude, sorry I bought it used. Just so happen I can wear it with minor issues which I was able to 'fix' by sanding here and there
tongue.gif

Ah used! My bad, I assumed that you bought it brand new off of Earsonics. Makes sense then.

Sep 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #440 of 4,841
Yep, the custom IEM world seems to be expanding and several new and exciting products have been recently released.  Speaking of that, the new Hidition site is up, although it still may be a work in progress.  But the NT-6 Pro is a 6 driver 5-way system!  As the UERM is showing me, the number of drivers doesn't always mean technically better, but the potential seems exciting.  And Hidition also has a reference, the NT-RM which is a 3 driver 2-way.

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #441 of 4,841

Quote:
Yep, the custom IEM world seems to be expanding and several new and exciting products have been recently released.  Speaking of that, the new Hidition site is up, although it still may be a work in progress.  But the NT-6 Pro is a 6 driver 5-way system!  As the UERM is showing me, the number of drivers doesn't always mean technically better, but the potential seems exciting.  And Hidition also has a reference, the NT-RM which is a 3 driver 2-way.

Wait what?! 6drivers 5way? I'm so curious how it sounds next to SE5way

Is this B&W universal IEMs?!

Hidition site desperately needs work and proper english translation.

Also looking forward wx i9pro review. Any initials maybe? please? :)

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #442 of 4,841

Quote:
Wait what?! 6drivers 5way? I'm so curious how it sounds next to SE5way

Is this B&W universal IEMs?!

Hidition site desperately needs work and proper english translation.

Also looking forward wx i9pro review. Any initials maybe? please? :)

Yes, I too am very curious about the 6 driver 5-way vs. the SE 5-way.

Yes, B&W C5, although it is like comparing a BMW vs. a non-street legal race car.

I think they are working on their site still, but they now have information up whereas they didn't previously.

Not much to report...initially they were very bass light and lacked extension, now they have quite a bit of bass, but I am still burning them in, so I am not sure where they will end up.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #443 of 4,841

Quote:
Not much to report...initially they were very bass light and lacked extension, now they have quite a bit of bass, but I am still burning them in, so I am not sure where they will end up.

Right, I somehow forgot they are dynamic so they need to be burn in. Anyways thanks for that insight. Is it possible that "PRO" version is less bassy than non-PRO? As Pro is dedicated for studio and non-Pro for music listening?

Is there anything special about the driver like titanim or cellulose diaphragm?

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #444 of 4,841
I don't have the information yet about the pro vs. regular versions, but on the Wan Xuan site there is a EB (Extra Bass) version that is greyed out.  Stephen from custom-IEM.com should have more information on the non-pro version as it becomes available.  And nothing special about the driver that I know about; you can see what is known here.

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #446 of 4,841
Finally got my UM Aeros :D I hope you will like it:

I know, it's a bit flashy (different colors, transparent tips, silver faceplate with graphics) but when I put it in my ears, it gets more gentle :p I feel a little discomfort with my left ear, and after 3 hours of listening it gets a little itchy. But maybe it's just because of bad arrangement. I need to experiment a bit. I also found some bubbles in acryl. Its very hard to see in the colored parts, but in the transparent tips they are obvious. But maybe not in the photos, because Im a bad photographer :) Overall I'm happy, but I've been expecting a little more. I have nothing to say about the sound. Im not an audiophile, but musician and I use it for monitoring. Sound is just fine for this application.

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #449 of 4,841
Still no one wants to accept reshelling of DDs? I'm still keeping my Sony Fontopia and hoping it gets reshelled one of these days:

real edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/521606/sony-mdr-ed238

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #450 of 4,841

Users who are viewing this thread

Back