Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Oct 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #3,422 of 4,841
Has anyone here properly heard (or, ideally, owned) Frogbeats C5?

There was a fair bit of C4 discussion, at launch, but I've not seen any detailed impressions or reviews from anyone on the C5.

I recall being given to understand that it was tuned to be gently lifted in the bass region but otherwise relatively neutral in mids and treble, albeit slightly warm.

FWIW, as far as I know, it's all Sonion drivers, in a 1B + 2M + 2T configuration.

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3,423 of 4,841
@ piotrus-g

I casually stopped-by your website this afternoon, and I gave up trying to find your Pro 330 - the website navigation really needs a substantial overhaul!

Nothing personal, just honest feedback 
beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #3,424 of 4,841
  Has anyone here properly heard (or, ideally, owned) Frogbeats C5?

There was a fair bit of C4 discussion, at launch, but I've not seen any detailed impressions or reviews from anyone on the C5.

I recall being given to understand that it was tuned to be gently lifted in the bass region but otherwise relatively neutral in mids and treble, albeit slightly warm.

FWIW, as far as I know, it's all Sonion drivers, in a 1B + 2M + 2T configuration.

Never heard about the 5C either. I asked about it, but nobody knew. The Frogbeats people seemed to really want to push the C4 as their crowd pleasing model, which is weird because a bit of boosted bass in an otherwise neutral signature is usually very welcome. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #3,427 of 4,841
When I see the "big news", I can only thought of tons of drivers :p

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3,429 of 4,841
While I believe custom in-ears should be purchased based off the sound signature you prefer, I came up with a buyer's guide to showcase some of the best performing CIEMs in their price ranges.

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #3,430 of 4,841
  While I believe custom in-ears should be purchased based off the sound signature you prefer, I came up with a buyer's guide to showcase some of the best performing CIEMs in their price ranges.

And what would you know about CIEMs..?

wink.gif

...joking aside... regarding the Hidition NT-6 + Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable combo, do you feel the NT6 Pro benefits from the W.H. V3 cable, too?

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #3,431 of 4,841

And what would you know about CIEMs..?

wink.gif

...joking aside... regarding the Hidition NT-6 + Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable combo, do you feel the NT6 Pro benefits from the W.H. V3 cable, too?

Not enough!

From my Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable review:
NT-6 pro: The Hybrid fits the NT-6 well, although the plug is slightly protruding and the sockets of the stock cables are slightly recessed, but I am still confident the Hybrid will hold up.  Compared with the Hidition upgrade cable, the microphonics are much better and ergonomics are slightly better with the Hybrid.  In similar fashion to how the Hybrid performed with the bass enhanced JH16, the sub-bass of the NT-6 pro was amplified, really showing weight and authority down low.  It does so while cleaning up the sound, adding clarity and articulation.  The overall presentation is a bit more laid back and spacious than the Hidition upgrade cable and the upper midrange/treble is slightly less present with the Hybrid cable.  Both cables have a smooth presentation, but with better clarity and better balance between the midrange and treble vocals/midrange instruments sound more realistic and detailed with the Hybrid cable.  Overall, the Hybrid improves the strong point of the NT-6 pro, clarity while emphasizing sub-bass and giving a more natural balance from top to bottom adding even more realism to vocals.

The NT-6 improves quite a bit more overall than the NT-6 pro, but the NT-6 pro does improve.

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #3,432 of 4,841
I just want to say thank you for putting this thread together. Holy mackerel. I got pointed here by a kind poster in the Roxanne thread and while I'm still working through it, I'm learning tremendous stuff. Seriously awesome job!

--Dan

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #3,433 of 4,841
  I just want to say thank you for putting this thread together. Holy mackerel. I got pointed here by a kind poster in the Roxanne thread and while I'm still working through it, I'm learning tremendous stuff. Seriously awesome job!

--Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for reading and glad you find the info useful.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #3,434 of 4,841
How much you notice it will depend on your perspective and sensitivity to that.  This is an issue with hybrid driver CIEMs, and dynamic drivers, while having a natural note thickness can have treble extension issues.  I will stop it here and continue once I have had a chance to hear more dynamic driver custom IEMs.
vrt

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #3,435 of 4,841
@AJ, if I am not mistaking, you demoed/auditioned 1+2 right? Would you mind giving it a mini review? Maybe, at least the numbers on your famous list so we can see where does it stay on the list?

Also, if you would suggest a ciem called "king of the dynamic driver ciems", what would it be? (hybrid designs also ok)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back