Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #4,081 of 4,841
Joe, I'm listening this track on my modded ipod with my DIY amp; my amp is capable of recreating deep bass andit has a little increase in subbass. I'm listening on typical loudness level. There is nothing special in this track in terms of subbass quantity. But after your explanation I know that I shouldn't be looking for quantity but for quality. I will report back my impressions later today.

I should be getting dx90 at the beginning of next week. So I will test this track with dx90.

What headphones?  Modded iPods can have deep bass roll-off depending on the circuit parameters used to remove the DC offset.

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #4,082 of 4,841
Custom Art reshelled 5ways. I don't think that my modded ipod with my amp has bass roll-off because on my previous CIEMs I had a very good amount of subbass rumble and with 5ways I hear the rumble on this other track which was posted few pages ago ie this Dark Knight soundtrack with subbass starting at 2:06.

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #4,084 of 4,841
Custom Art reshelled 5ways. I don't think that my modded ipod with my amp has bass roll-off because on my previous CIEMs I had a very good amount of subbass rumble and with 5ways I hear the rumble on this other track which was posted few pages ago ie this Dark Knight soundtrack with subbass starting at 2:06.

Odd, could it be the track itself?  There is plenty of bass in the track I have with the SE5!

AJ, when we will see complete reviews of Lear BD4.2? (both custom and universal)

It is in process.  I don't have a specific date, but sooner rather than later :wink:

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #4,086 of 4,841
  Glad to hear it. I am curious about the whole review but especially waiting for SE5way comparison.

and with H8Pro also! (I know it's in the pipe) 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #4,087 of 4,841

and with H8Pro also! (I know it's in the pipe) 
regular_smile%20.gif

You got a question with H8P? There are many experienced and trustworthy people who have it, I am sure they can help you. I am not saying AJ shouldn't review, it is just, we can already find some good reviews about H8P.

When it comes to BD4.2, there is almost nothing. There is only 'Straya tour and their view was mostly bad so I wonder if this 4 BA 2 DD hybrid c/iem is really that bad or not.

There is also project86 who should review them but as far as I can see, he is busy too.

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #4,090 of 4,841
Whether or not you like the sound signature of SE5, it's a must have because it's unique in so many ways! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #4,092 of 4,841

You gonna love it trust me. If you want comparison, I believe tupac can help you here since he has both. In Custom Art thread he made a nice review-ish too, there was also the comparison you are looking for.

Yep I read tupac's comparison, and it made me want to get both!

Whether or not you like the sound signature of SE5, it's a must have because it's unique in so many ways! 
biggrin.gif

Haha I have to admit there was an ounce of curiosity in my choice... I have not received them yet but I'm already thinking about the next pair.. H8, K10, NT6 pro or EM32... Hm. I might end up meeting you all at the CIEM Rehab Center  
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #4,093 of 4,841
Haha I have to admit there was an ounce of curiosity in my choice... I have not received them yet but I'm already thinking about the next pair.. H8, K10, NT6 pro or EM32... Hm. I might end up meeting you all at the CIEM Rehab Center  :D  

CIEM rehab is useless.

I reckon we need to tackle the socio-economic problem of CIEM addiction by getting the pushers off the streets/forums, and in this regard, Average_joe should be considered 'public enemy #1', given that he's a notorious repeat offender with a rap-sheet of CIEM-pushing convictions as long as your arm.

His systematic efforts to undermine the attempts of fiscal restraint of CIEM-lovers around the world make him a menace to society and to the financial stability of every head-fier in christendom!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back