Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Aug 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #376 of 4,841
Thousand Sound also does reshells and makes a dynamic hybrid custom IEM, but they said they only provide the service in China.  You may want to contact them, but I am not sure what they will say.

G-customs is sold through the Audio Hub (and possibly one other place soon).  The Audio Hub website is under construction, but they have a contact page with all the contact info.  Louis did say he is only interested in selling to his local area for customer service reasons, more than likely due to shipping and customs.

I would guess the LS5X will turn out like the Merlin, but more than likely with the LS8 sound signature, but we shall see.  The LS8 designer did leave Rooth and started G-customs.

There is one NT6 review that I know of here and here.  As far as pricing, the first link shows the price as 979,000 as of May 2011 which is about $900.  Hidition did say the price is not yet set so I am not sure where it will end up.

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #378 of 4,841
^
eek.gif
!!!

That JH (16s?) look awesome with the silver faceplate and so does the UERM with its black. The new UE connectors are sweeetttt. Whats the 3rd custom in that pic? Looks kinda silicone-y.

Aug 22, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #379 of 4,841
The third is the Starkey SA-43 which is in the same price range.  The LS8 is also in the price range but I was too lazy to get it and take it out of the case for the picture 
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #380 of 4,841

Quote:
The third is the Starkey SA-43 which is in the same price range.  The LS8 is also in the price range but I was too lazy to get it and take it out of the case for the picture 
tongue.gif

Ah, yes I totally did not notice the 2 switches on the SA-43. My bad.
tongue.gif

How's that new UE connector feel btw? Sturdy? It certainly looks the part vs the standard connectors. Cant wait to hear your impressions of the UERM. That's another one I've had my eye on.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #381 of 4,841
Looking forward for your review between UE Reference VS Westone ES5, the result will be my consideration for my next custom IEM, actually I choose SM2 than my JH11 :) since I'm looking for natural and not to forward presentation,  thanks b4 for the advise

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #384 of 4,841

Quote:
Ah, yes I totally did not notice the 2 switches on the SA-43. My bad.
tongue.gif

How's that new UE connector feel btw? Sturdy? It certainly looks the part vs the standard connectors. Cant wait to hear your impressions of the UERM. That's another one I've had my eye on.

The UE connector is nice, and the whole cable is actually different than any other stock cable I have seen.  It uses 4 wires braided tight below the Y-split and the a very tight twist above that.  The sound from the UERM, at least from my initial listening, is different than just about everything else!

Quote:
Looking forward for your review between UE Reference VS Westone ES5, the result will be my consideration for my next custom IEM, actually I choose SM2 than my JH11 :) since I'm looking for natural and not to forward presentation,  thanks b4 for the advise

Unfortunately I don't have the ES5 and don't think I will be getting one in the near future.  And there are many other options other than the ES5 and UERM that may fit your bill.  You can read my summaries and link to my full reviews for most of the customs I summarize in the first post of this thread.

Quote:
very nice UERM @average_joe! I like the artwork of the JH16s too...waiting for comparisons of JH16 vs UERM.

Listening to the JH16 right now and I should have a comparison between the two in my JH16 review...

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #386 of 4,841

Quote:
The UE connector is nice, and the whole cable is actually different than any other stock cable I have seen.  It uses 4 wires braided tight below the Y-split and the a very tight twist above that.  The sound from the UERM, at least from my initial listening, is different than just about everything else!

Unfortunately I don't have the ES5 and don't think I will be getting one in the near future.  And there are many other options other than the ES5 and UERM that may fit your bill.  You can read my summaries and link to my full reviews for most of the customs I summarize in the first post of this thread.

Listening to the JH16 right now and I should have a comparison between the two in my JH16 review...

Different good or different bad? Enquiring minds (well, mine at least) want to know! Hehe.
Looking forward to the comparison....*sits patiently*
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Congratulations on the UE Capitol.

LOL that blindsided me for a sec. Was like "UE Capitol? WTH? Is that a new mod-...oh wait a tick..." LOL.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #389 of 4,841

Quote:
Congratulations on the UE Capitol.

Thanks!

Quote:
Different good or different bad? Enquiring minds (well, mine at least) want to know! Hehe.
Looking forward to the comparison....*sits patiently*
popcorn.gif

Good or bad depends on what you want in your custom IEM 
wink.gif

Quote:
I also love the new UE cable design.  They all need to switch over.  That is how it's supposed to be done.

x2  Although I wonder if recessed is better than the UE style long term?  Probably not.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #390 of 4,841
Quote:
x2  Although I wonder if recessed is better than the UE style long term?  Probably not.

Forgive me for not being fully across this, but what exactly is the advantage of the UE cable and how is it different to "normal" stock cables? From the pictures note the molded right angled connector but I feel like I'm missing something... :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back