Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #3,016 of 4,841
Quote:
I haven't tried using the UV light in my hearing aid dryer, but since it is included, I would imagine it is safe since hearing aids are acrylic.  The only issue I can think of is possible discoloration or premature aging of the sound tubes, but the exposure is relatively short.  You can ask UE, but chances are they will say not to do it if they aren't sure.

Alright. I will shoot UE an email. But what could UV light do? I mean, I put my phone under there few times as well as few other electronics...

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #3,023 of 4,841
Why is using the UV light on the dryer such a necessity ? I don't intend to use it on the DB100 that arrived today, wiping down/drying the cable & earpieces after use plus regular use of the heater pad in the dryer will be more than sufficient I reckon.

Edit - I guess if you've got really scuzzy/waxy ears then maybe you might want to use it, but if that's the case you should probably be cleaning your ears more regularly in the first instance unless you have some kind of medical condition causing it.

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #3,024 of 4,841
Quote:
Why is using the UV light on the dryer such a necessity ? I don't intend to use it on the DB100 that arrived today, wiping down/drying the cable & earpieces after use plus regular use of the heater pad in the dryer will be more than sufficient I reckon.

Edit - I guess if you've got really scuzzy/waxy ears then maybe you might want to use it, but if that's the case you should probably be cleaning your ears more regularly in the first instance unless you have some kind of medical condition causing it.

Well, the UV light is actually not from a hearaid dryer. The UV light I use is intended for things like scapels or utensils like folk/knife. I guess antiseptic wipe would do, but I can't find one at my house, so I was wondering if I can use the UV light to clean it.

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #3,025 of 4,841
Ahhhhh gotcha :wink:)

Hmmm. I reckon a UV light like that would be much more high powered than the one in a hearing aid dryer (let's face it, medical equipment/similar has to be seriously 'clean'/maybe different wavelengths ?), so I'd be really reluctant to use something like that, even if the manufacturer gave their blessing; you know what some companies can be like when it comes to a warranty claim if you've done something normally not recommended 'We didn't give official/company permission for {insert name of company employee here} to tell you it was OK to use that UV light/he assumed it would be OK. BTW you've borked your warranty by using it'.

Well, the UV light is actually not from a hearaid dryer. The UV light I use is intended for things like scapels or utensils like folk/knife. I guess antiseptic wipe would do, but I can't find one at my house, so I was wondering if I can use the UV light to clean it.

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #3,026 of 4,841
Quote:
Ahhhhh gotcha :wink:)

Hmmm. I reckon a UV light like that would be much more high powered than the one in a hearing aid dryer (let's face it, medical equipment/similar has to be seriously 'clean'/maybe different wavelengths ?), so I'd be really reluctant to use something like that, even if the manufacturer gave their blessing; you know what some companies can be like when it comes to a warranty claim if you've done something normally not recommended 'We didn't give official/company permission for {insert name of company employee here} to tell you it was OK to use that UV light/he assumed it would be OK. BTW you've borked your warranty by using it'.

Yeah, I can see that happening. But from what I hear, only damage UV light can do is discoloration, so I doubt that UE will reshell my UERM for any reason in the first place, regardless of warranty. I'll see what UE's rep has to say about this.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #3,027 of 4,841
Just reposting these from the Cosmic Ears thread.  Back and front of my TF10 reshells that should be on the way if they aren't already.

Had a thought earlier (too late to do anything about it now!) in that I could of paid further tribute by having ue in white on the left with ce on the right as well.  Mind you I think that black looks stunning as is!
Cheers

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #3,028 of 4,841
Quote:
Just reposting these from the Cosmic Ears thread.  Back and front of my TF10 reshells that should be on the way if they aren't already.

Had a thought earlier (too late to do anything about it now!) in that I could of paid further tribute by having ue in white on the left with ce on the right as well.  Mind you I think that black looks stunning as is!
Cheers

This is by far one of the most amazing reshells I've seen. I really like how design is somehow obvious yet though-through and out-of-the-box. Congratz! I love it!

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #3,029 of 4,841
Joe :wink: More data to collect if you need any ;p you might have to click on it. 

The review is 10000 words in Chinese...I don't think I want/need to translate it 
tongue_smile.gif

Again, this chart only speaks how I found on these IEMs.

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,030 of 4,841
Well, I got new impressions made for my left ear and will be sending them back to UE, along with my monitors. Not sure if they're gonna remake it or adjust the current one based off of the new impressions. All I can do is pray for the best xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back