MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #5,642 of 9,071
Does anyone know how to remove and fit back the ear pads? Thanks

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #5,643 of 9,071
First time I removed the pads I was quite afraid if I will be able to put them back, but it wasn't so hard.
I just turned pads back-and-forth and pulled gently to remove them. Then to put them back I think I started from either top or bottom and at the end I stretched the rubber a little to finish the job.
You need to be patient, because it takes some time (at least for me) to put them back.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #5,646 of 9,071
I just read the review on these at 6moons.  I need to hear a pair of these.  Good to see the battler giving us good music - instead of the drivel by the corporate empire telling us how to like and what to like.

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #5,647 of 9,071
I'm beyond pleased with the performance of my Alphas with an ALO International.  The more I listen, the more I enjoy them.  Short of trying to wax poetic beyond all the other reviews, I'll just throw my enthusiastic endorsement onto the current pile.  Both for the phones themselves, and for the way Dan runs his business.  Being a HP neophyte I'm likely to buy more phones down the road, but the Alphas will hold a special place for what they represent:  innovative design, outstanding performance, and a customer-focused business aesthetic.  

Tweak I'm considering:  I have quite a few friends who make custom leather products.  I'm considering swapping out the black leather strap for a nice warm brown goat or french calf leather.  Would love to have matching Alpha pads as well; the maroon would look stunning and distinct with brown leather and black hardware.  The patina it would develop after years of use would be beautiful.

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #5,648 of 9,071
I can imagine Dan thinking to himself, "Well that's one AD's we're not going to fix under warranty if it ever comes back!!". Snow fell more heavily after this.

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #5,649 of 9,071
Dan...  the black does look pretty good...   If your looking for another color option, the other day when the super bowl was on TV I noticed
the way the SeaHawks Helmets were painted with the flat blue...   that would work well with your phones too.... 

EDIT: Also, some good news: we are pulling in delivery estimates. Even though Jan was our best month ever, our new facility is really improving our output and we've been able to shorten lead time to under 4 weeks for the current Alphas.  

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #5,653 of 9,071
  I was just thinking the same thing...

this...

...springs to mind

That was genuinely not my fault..."it slipped in" 
L3000.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #5,655 of 9,071
  Nice shot though, Makes the cups really stand out

I agree. I actually think this is one of the best shots we've had of the red so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back