MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Feb 7, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #5,630 of 9,071
Maybe you can pull a th600 and price it a little lower than the red alpha dog?  
atsmile.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #5,631 of 9,071
Pretty sweet looking! I may need a second Alpha Dog now 
eek.gif
 or maybe I should be sane for once... 
rolleyes.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 8, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #5,633 of 9,071
  What you get is black, like this... 

EDIT: Also, some good news: we are pulling in delivery estimates. Even though Jan was our best month ever, our new facility is really improving our output and we've been able to shorten lead time to under 4 weeks for the current Alphas.  

"The Black Stealth"

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #5,636 of 9,071
  What you get is black, like this... 

EDIT: Also, some good news: we are pulling in delivery estimates. Even though Jan was our best month ever, our new facility is really improving our output and we've been able to shorten lead time to under 4 weeks for the current Alphas.  

eek.gif

That looks stunning! Excellent job Dan!!!

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #5,639 of 9,071

As mentioned earlier, got my upgraded Alpha Dog and some connectors today, so I went to work with the soldering iron:

* I cut the cable for the HE-500 about a foot from the end and added a female XLR, making an adapter.
* I cut another foot from the HE-500 cable and set it aside.
* I put a male XLR on the HE-500 cable, making it balanced.
* I took the extra cable and put female XLR and a TRS on it making a second adapter for the Alpha Dog.

And now I have a balanced-capable HE-500 and can listen to my Alpha Dog!  On that note, I'm off to do some listening...

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #5,640 of 9,071

As mentioned earlier, got my upgraded Alpha Dog and some connectors today, so I went to work with the soldering iron:

* I cut the cable for the HE-500 about a foot from the end and added a female XLR, making an adapter.
* I cut another foot from the HE-500 cable and set it aside.
* I put a male XLR on the HE-500 cable, making it balanced.
* I took the extra cable and put female XLR and a TRS on it making a second adapter for the Alpha Dog.

And now I have a balanced-capable HE-500 and can listen to my Alpha Dog!  On that note, I'm off to do some listening...

looks like a nice job! i'll be doing the same thing with my d7000 and grado hf2. going to cut those at the ends and turn those SE plugs into balanced adapters. the d7000 cable is long enough that i'm going to cut another foot off and make a balanced to banana plug adapter to use with a couple of monoblock amps that i think might pair well with both the d7000 and the ADs. 

i ordered a pair of AD connectors that i was going to use to make a SE cable, but not so sure i'll do that anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back