May 12, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #1,156 of 1,490
DT150's are garbage compared to the HD650's 
rolleyes.gif

May 12, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #1,157 of 1,490
DT150's are garbage compared to the HD650's :rolleyes:

You've heard them/ own them then?

Certainly a minority view amongst people who have both

May 13, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,160 of 1,490
Everyone in here should post a pic with date or pic of online receipt of purchase when they comment saying they sent them back proving they own/tried said headphones otherwise it's all meaningless.If you've owned and sent them back prove it ? post a pic of the amazon digital receipt from your order history.
Or at least come with some info that only an owner / user of said headphones would know or understand and therefore know someone isn't making stuff up.
I bet half the people saying hd600/650 are boring have never even heard a pair.

May 13, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,161 of 1,490
Everyone in here should post a pic with date or pic of online receipt of purchase when they comment saying they sent them back proving they own/tried said headphones otherwise it's all meaningless.If you've owned and sent them back prove it ? post a pic of the amazon digital receipt from your order history.
Or at least come with some info that only an owner / user of said headphones would know or understand and therefore know someone isn't making stuff up.
I bet half the people saying hd600/650 are boring have never even heard a pair.

I've heard/tried both of these, and they're meh to me. Chill out. Can't anyone have an opinion different from yours?

May 13, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,162 of 1,490
HD650's apparently 'scale very well' But any headphone that requires amplification (and cables!?!) costing several times its own price to reach it's potential has to a be just little flawed maybe?

May 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,163 of 1,490
HD650's apparently 'scale very well' But any headphone that requires amplification (and cables!?!) costing several times its own price to reach it's potential has to a be just little flawed maybe?

I tried them with the ha1 oppo desktop amp for quite a while, and I found the sound signature to be quite underwhelming. My personal taste is for a more forward, detailed, and exciting sound...like eg Grado.

May 13, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,164 of 1,490
  Well I'm pretty sure a lot of people would describe the HD650 as boring. To me they're extremely boring.

I'm believer now, that most of the people who feel like HD650 is slow, boring or veiled, just don't have right setup for it to shine.

It's absolutely incredible on Bimby & Lyr 2, I prefer it over everything I've heard so far, including LCD-3F, X, HE-500 & T1.

They are just so much fun to listen to and extremely versatile, kind of everything sounds great on HD650. I really like 3F, but when I switch to HD650 I'm thinking "WOW, I can't believe it, but this si more enjoyable! What an incredible headphone! "

May 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #1,165 of 1,490
I'm believer now, that most of the people who feel like HD650 is slow, boring or veiled, just don't have right setup for it to shine.

It's absolutely incredible on Bimby & Lyr 2, I prefer it over everything I've heard so far, including LCD-3F, X, HE-500 & T1.

They are just so much fun to listen to and extremely versatile, kind of everything sounds great on HD650. I really like 3F, but when I switch to HD650 I'm thinking "WOW, I can't believe it, but this si more enjoyable! What an incredible headphone! "

That, or maybe your "absolutely incredible " is someone else's meh. All I know is, I've tried a number of Sennheiser cans (and have owned a few too), and they just seem a bit unexciting to me.

May 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #1,166 of 1,490

My point exactly; its a lottery getting that set up and that sound and will you ever be sure you are hearing them at very best ? 

If they are that good sell the rest and treat your HD650 to an even better amp (and give the DT150 a try
beyersmile.png
? )

Just an idea
wink_face.gif

May 13, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #1,167 of 1,490
That, or maybe your "absolutely incredible " is someone else's meh. All I know is, I've tried a number of Sennheiser cans (and have owned a few too), and they just seem a bit unexciting to me.

Sure, I agree that not everyone will be so into them, but all my friends who had a listen, looked like they were tripping. So I would believe that the amp/dac combination plays huge role with these.

I remember hearing them for a first time about 4 years ago and thinking it's trash, than I got better amp/dac and was quite surprised how they changed, but still sold them few months later.

Now I don't think I'll ever sell them.

May 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,168 of 1,490
  My point exactly; its a lottery getting that set up and that sound and will you ever be sure you are hearing them at very best ? 

If they are that good sell the rest and treat your HD650 to an even better amp (and give the DT150 a try
beyersmile.png
? )

Just an idea
wink_face.gif

Haha, actually I'm seriously thinking about it 
evil_smiley.gif

I don't want to make rash decision, so I'll keep LCD-3F for at least month or so, but if it's going to continue same way as past month did than I'll probably sell them and go for some higher end balanced setup for 650's 
regular_smile .gif

Didn't hear DT150 yet, will read up on them, thanks for tip :wink:

May 14, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #1,170 of 1,490

This is exactly it. Preference, musical taste, which sound chain you use and many other factors play a part.

Eeks, Grado. LOL. Well, I never liked any Grado until I heard the PS500e. While Grados sound amazing with certain genres of music, for my kind of music - they never did it for me. I can see though why they appeal to other people.

For me the most overrated headphones are in-ears (Astell&Kern/JH Layla), but since this is about headphones: the Ether C

No matter which amp (from iCan Pro to WA5) - it always left me feeling that they are really good, but nothing to get excited about. The leanish sound never really "moved" me.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back