Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #4,501 of 11,979
Hi @Titanotron
This is my first post here, but regarding Moondrop’s customer service, I want to point out that the Lunar New Year is right around the corner. They might be trying to wrap up before the holiday. It’s not uncommon for people to get off a week early in China and be off for the rest of the month. Hell, pretty much the whole country there is off.

By no means am I trying to discredit your experience of course. Just thought I’d put it out there.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #4,502 of 11,979
Hi @Titanotron
This is my first post here, but regarding Moondrop’s customer service, I want to point out that the Lunar New Year is right around the corner. They might be trying to wrap up before the holiday. It’s not uncommon for people to get off a week early in China and be off for the rest of the month. Hell, pretty much the whole country there is off.

By no means am I trying to discredit your experience of course. Just thought I’d put it out there.
To add onto this some Chinese superstition make them don't like to owe someone in the past year and bringing it into the new year because it's bad luck or something a long that line. It doesn't excuse them from their customer service behavior though.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #4,503 of 11,979
A tale of two Harmans. Moondrop Starfield vs Tanchjim Oxygen. Both reviews are below, with a battle to the death.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23159/

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23177/

Starfield-02.jpg

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #4,506 of 11,979
So, Moondrop cables are reversed polarity? Doesn't that mean the pins on the earpieces are reversed in polarity?
Polarity doesn't matter as long as both are reversed. If only one is reversed that's when you have a problem

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #4,507 of 11,979
Reverse polarity? Are people suggesting the cable is made wrong or are the iems reverse polarity? I guess I’ll try reversing the cable on my S8

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #4,508 of 11,979
Reverse polarity? Are people suggesting the cable is made wrong or are the iems reverse polarity? I guess I’ll try reversing the cable on my S8

Don't worry about it if everything sounds ok.

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #4,512 of 11,979
You are looking at the wrong threads I have been active the whole time. Mostly earphone threads and of course the discovery thread. I also run a cable thread you might be interested in called low end cheap generic cable thread.

Blessing 2 sounds great but My H40 kinda stole their thunder a bit. Will have some impressions of them once I hear them a bit more.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #4,513 of 11,979
You are looking at the wrong threads I have been active the whole time. Mostly earphone threads and of course the discovery thread. I also run a cable thread you might be interested in called low end cheap generic cable thread.

Blessing 2 sounds great but My H40 kinda stole their thunder a bit. Will have some impressions of them once I hear them a bit more.
Would love to know your impressions and comparisons with H40

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,515 of 11,979
I caved and bought the Blessing 2 from Apos, and with the price match it came out to around $310. It should arrive sometime later this week with the expedited shipping.

I’ll post some pictures and thoughts when they get here. From what I’ve seen, Moondrop is very consistent, so I’m hoping for good things. I currently only have the KXXS for comparison though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back