Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #11,971 of 11,979
Got the Space Travel as a wireless headset for the office and I'm quite impressed for the price. They fare pretty well tonality-wise compared to the RE400 with the monitor setting and some good tips (using Sennheiser IE pro tips which enhance the default bass response). The RE400 has a slight edge in resolution and transparency but that's already not bad as those are still a bit of the IEM equivalent to the HD600 to me.

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #11,972 of 11,979
I agree that the Space travel is very nice for the price. It has its shortcomings, but that is to be expected at that price, IMO.
My main gripes with them is that they have some amplifier noise/hiss, and that they are extremely sensitive to wind, making them almost unusable outside, for me.
The sound quality is fine, and they have a very stable connection to my phone and stays in my ears even when I'm at the gym.
Can recommend them, if you don't use them much outside.

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #11,973 of 11,979
This DSP/Dusk hype made me revisit Wavelet, and I found (only now to my shame) that squig.link or crinacle's tool can also be used to gerenate eqs of every IEM into to any other IEM, that work on Wavelet.

So I made a Dusk out of my Variations... Crinacles site is slightly better for that because he has a new measurment rig.

Its really worth a try for those who, like me, like the physical aspects and drivers of the variations, but find it too thin and shrill.

And now I can't stop trying different "IEM"s... err EQ profile, and the Variations takes it like a champ.

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #11,974 of 11,979
I agree that the Space travel is very nice for the price. It has its shortcomings, but that is to be expected at that price, IMO.
My main gripes with them is that they have some amplifier noise/hiss, and that they are extremely sensitive to wind, making them almost unusable outside, for me.
The sound quality is fine, and they have a very stable connection to my phone and stays in my ears even when I'm at the gym.
Can recommend them, if you don't use them much outside.
I love my Space Travels, but not exactly out of the box. The tips it comes with were a disaster for me - none of them fit. I had to dig through my iem-box that has all sorts of chi-fi and non-chi-fi (but still cheap) stuff to find something that will fit my ears and still work with the charging case without getting jammed. Took a while of testing with various tips to get it right, sadly I don't even know what the ones I chose came from.
How it works in windy conditions was also a downer for me, since I bought them primarily to use outdoors.
But yeah, they're still my main and only TWS, not planning to move to anything else as long as it works.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #11,975 of 11,979
I love my Space Travels, but not exactly out of the box. The tips it comes with were a disaster for me - none of them fit. I had to dig through my iem-box that has all sorts of chi-fi and non-chi-fi (but still cheap) stuff to find something that will fit my ears and still work with the charging case without getting jammed. Took a while of testing with various tips to get it right, sadly I don't even know what the ones I chose came from.
How it works in windy conditions was also a downer for me, since I bought them primarily to use outdoors.
But yeah, they're still my main and only TWS, not planning to move to anything else as long as it works.
I tested them while commuting and I don't think they work very well in noisy environnements in general, it's almost a semi-open design if you look at the vent on the top. It has its benefits though as you are more aware of your environment. I feel like an open design would be perfect for home/office use (like the Fiio JW1) while this kind of semi-open is a decent compromise for outdoor activities.
I also had to put third-party tips because the shell is just too big to properly fit with the default tips. The bass just doesn't work otherwise.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #11,976 of 11,979
They asked me for 15 extra

I replied that I wouldn't be extended the originally promised time for them and they said "ok" (literally just that). I have a DHL tracking number now (with no progress) and a $1 coupon for being late. I'll likely be cancelling the order if nothing happens for a few days.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #11,977 of 11,979
I replied that I wouldn't be extended the originally promised time for them and they said "ok" (literally just that). I have a DHL tracking number now (with no progress) and a $1 coupon for being late. I'll likely be cancelling the order if nothing happens for a few days.
I am used to Moondrop long shipping, so i dont really care about extending and will just wait until they send it, nowhere to hurry for me.

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #11,978 of 11,979
I prefer companies that are upfront about shipping times - when sellers advertise shipping times they can't actually meet, or just create shipping labels to get around shipping date promises it annoys me. I ordered an Aur Neon Pro less than 3 weeks ago when they advertised 4-8 weeks lead time. I was okay with the wait but that was my decision. The Aur are actually arriving tody - I think it's best to under-promise and over-deliver like Aur did.

I also have a Moondrop Para which I generally like - enough that I would consider buying the Cosmo if it's substatially better. I won't be ordering one from Moondrop's store though...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back