Monster Beats Pro is like a Sony XB
Aug 27, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #76 of 156
What about the dr Dre solos? Smaller ear cups close to your ear  tend to be able to punch more direct into your eardrum while offering quite good isolation. A bit K81DJ style about that one. Haven´t heard the studios or the Pros but like the K81DJ they do punch. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #77 of 156
I couldn't tell if Beats had any details coz I put them down after I heard their horrific soundstage...

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #79 of 156

Quote:

I have standards, dude.

I guess I should be cool now and continue bashing Monster by wondering why you are looking into Monster then :p

Have you heard the Solos? It´s not as horrible as elitistic forums like this seem to suggest. Get along with the group and badmouth Bose and Monster and all those evil mainstream headphones every guy with no clue gets lol
A bit expensive or I might have bought it. Much more enjoyable then my ED 8 out of my Ipod. I don´t enjoy analyzing music out of that source lol.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #80 of 156

Quote:
I guess I should be cool now and continue bashing Monster by wondering why you are looking into Monster then :p

Have you heard the Solos? It´s not as horrible as elitistic forums like this seem to suggest. Get along with the group and badmouth Bose and Monster and all those evil mainstream headphones every guy with no clue gets lol
A bit expensive or I might have bought it. Much more enjoyable then my ED 8 out of my Ipod. I don´t enjoy analyzing music out of that source lol.

I bought the Beats Solos for my girlfriend. She wanted it and I can understand why. Nice warm and punchy sound. Looks OK for a girl. However, the upper mids and treble just distort way too much. The Solos, as far as what I've heard, can not be compared to any of the headphones I'm comparing or considering. It needs to at least be better than the Ultrasone HFI 580 and the Beats Solo is worse in all categories from bass impact capacity to separation to resolution.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #83 of 156
Anyone hearing the Edition 8 as "really echoey" wasn't getting a good seal with the earpads. That aspect is critical to the proper sound of these headphones.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #84 of 156
whoever started this thread and agreed with this title should be stoping listening to music...cuz they cant hear a thing....this is one of the biggest joke ever...

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #85 of 156

Quote:
whoever started this thread and agreed with this title should be stoping listening to music...cuz they cant hear a thing....this is one of the biggest joke ever...

Way to miss the point. You need to either explain yourself or just stop being a ****.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #86 of 156
well I dun even need 2 explain anything to *****. If ***** think beats better than anything. nothing would change their mind. ...actually this thread is just ********. that's why I said it didnt even need 2 be started... I always try to understand ppl's opinions and statements. but for stuff like this. I dun need 2 ..cuz Beats are straight garbage that can't be compared to any ultrasone headphones.

p.s. sorry if you started the thread. I didnt mean my words to u. I only refer to ppl who really actually thinks beats are better. I didnt even read the thread content at all. cuz it's just insane when I see the title of it.
Quote:

Way to miss the point. You need to either explain yourself or just stop being a ****.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #87 of 156
Sounds like an elitist, closed-minded attitude to me.  It's ok to go against the head-fi flow, you don't have to bandwagon with everybody else about the beats line.  It's actually a little general consensus that the Beats Pro are pretty decent sounding-- a far cry from their Solo and Studio.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #88 of 156

Quote:
well I dun even need 2 explain anything to *****. If ***** think beats better than anything. nothing would change their mind. ...actually this thread is just ********. that's why I said it didnt even need 2 be started... I always try to understand ppl's opinions and statements. but for stuff like this. I dun need 2 ..cuz Beats are straight garbage that can't be compared to any ultrasone headphones.

People are welcome to their opinion if they can offer a good explanation, but in your case, you just seem to just be running your mouth on emotion. I don't have time for you.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #89 of 156
I hated them because I own both of them. to me Studio and Pro sounds 97% the same. I don't even need to start describing the sound...I believe most people here know why it became one of the most hated headphones in head-fi.

Quote:
Sounds like an elitist, closed-minded attitude to me.  It's ok to go against the head-fi flow, you don't have to bandwagon with everybody else about the beats line.  It's actually a little general consensus that the Beats Pro are pretty decent sounding-- a far cry from their Solo and Studio.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #90 of 156
Quote:
I hated them because I own both of them. to me Studio and Pro sounds 97% the same. I don't even need to start describing the sound...I believe most people here know why it became one of the most hated headphones in head-fi.

I don't want to doubt you, but the measurements for the Studio and the Pro are completely different. The Pro should, from the measurements at least, be in a completely different league. Can you describe the differences that are not FR related?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back