Monster Beats Pro is like a Sony XB
Aug 27, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #91 of 156

Quote:
Anyone hearing the Edition 8 as "really echoey" wasn't getting a good seal with the earpads. That aspect is critical to the proper sound of these headphones.

Don´t think it has to do with seal. If anything a worse seal would make it sound more open since the air can escape :). More comparing it to fully open headphones is my guess? It´s not resonant compared to any other closed headphone I tried.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #92 of 156
completely different league? only $50 more expensive? I have heard lots of people say Studio and Pro sounds the almost the same. At least to me. They truly sounded the same (with no amp, cuz I dun need think Beats need deserve any amp, cuz they are just for those beginner listeners)

Quote:
I don't want to doubt you, but the measurements for the Studio and the Pro are completely different. The Pro should, from the measurements at least, be in a completely different league. Can you describe the differences that are not FR related?

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #93 of 156
Why don't you actually listen to the headphone first before mouthing off about graphs? Even talking about these two in the same vein is disgusting.

Do you seriously think people like me would get the ED8 if it's worse than Beats? After owning all these other flagships?

Can't believe you'd even post something like this Wind.

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #94 of 156

Quote:
Why don't you actually listen to the headphone first before mouthing off about graphs? Even talking about these two in the same vein is disgusting.

Do you seriously think people like me would get the ED8 if it's worse than Beats? After owning all these other flagships?

Can't believe you'd even post something like this Wind.

I didn't mean to pick on the ED8 but I picked it because it was the most expensive headphone in production and the Beats Pro is the most bashed for being in the Beats line. I could have chosen Audio Technica W1000X and the comparison results would pretty much be the same. The Beats Pro's low frequency reproduction is quicker and cleaner, while the other two have advantages in the upper frequencies. I think that was to be expected, but I just wanted people with experience with the Pros to chip in to the discussion.

Quote:
completely different league? only $50 more expensive? I have heard lots of people say Studio and Pro sounds the almost the same. At least to me. They truly sounded the same (with no amp, cuz I dun need think Beats need deserve any amp, cuz they are just for those beginner listeners)

I don't think the price is the concern here. It's the measurements and personal experience.

Anyways, I got a pair of Beats Pros. Here we go...

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #96 of 156

Quote:

I didn't mean to pick on the ED8 but I picked it because it was the most expensive headphone in production and the Beats Pro is the most bashed for being in the Beats line. I could have chosen Audio Technica W1000X and the comparison results would pretty much be the same. The Beats Pro's low frequency reproduction is quicker and cleaner, while the other two have advantages in the upper frequencies. I think that was to be expected, but I just wanted people with experience with the Pros to chip in to the discussion.

I don't think the price is the concern here. It's the measurements and personal experience.

Anyways, I got a pair of Beats Pros. Here we go...

i am more interested in ur electrostatic one. sound good?

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #98 of 156
First impression is that is sounds like a Monster Turbine Pro Gold. I notice a slight sibilance in the midrange, but I can't really pin point where yet. Maybe burn-in for a few hours will get rid of it. So far, it just sounds almost the same as the Monster Turbine Pro Gold. Very prominent bass and upfront sound.

Obviously, the W11R and O2 are more relaxing, spacious, clear, and natural. The Pro has a very warm sound unlike the other headphones. If the sibilance/distortion in the midrange manages to clear up, I'd be very impressed.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #101 of 156

Quote:

I didn't really expect to use them as a detail can, but was hoping they would be a direct upgrade to the Ultrasone HFI-580. The Beats Studio's treble was pure distortion. Were the Pros that bad or was it more like how the LCD2 just had really recessed treble?  Seeing as how they do not have ANC, the treble should be more refined, no?

I have a feeling you wouldn't like the Ultrasone HFI 580 either. The 770 is a fine headphone, but my impression of it was similar to that of the 880. The bass was lacking impact for genres that need some impactful, claustrophobic bass yet without a forward sound. I suppose the Ultrasone Pro 900 or Denon D7000 could suffice, but I want more impact and I'm curious whether the Beats Pros could actually trump the Ultrasones.

Depends on the 770 model. The 250/600 models are quite balanced (I preferred the 600 ohm version the best), but the 80ohm DT700 can bring the bass...no question and actually has more impact/control/depth than the Pros by  a good margin....then throw in the large price difference and it's a no-brainer....the beyers win for closed bassy cans.

EDIT: Just saw that you picked up the Pros...please say you got the black ones and not the white at least.
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #102 of 156

Quote:
Sounds like an elitist, closed-minded attitude to me.  It's ok to go against the head-fi flow, you don't have to bandwagon with everybody else about the beats line.  It's actually a little general consensus that the Beats Pro are pretty decent sounding-- a far cry from their Solo and Studio.

While the Pros are "decent" sounding, they go for $399. That's the issue. For $125 maybe, but for $200 (half the price of the Pros), you can do better and save $.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #103 of 156

Quote:
Depends on the 770 model. The 250/600 models are quite balanced (I preferred the 600 ohm version the best), but the 80ohm DT700 can bring the bass...no question and actually has more impact/control/depth than the Pros by  a good margin....then throw in the large price difference and it's a no-brainer....the beyers win for closed bassy cans.

So you'd recommend the D770 80 ohm over the pro 900 ? Then why the hype with the pro 900, the ultrasone pro 900 appreciation thread is quite often updated, and I  see some bassheads recommending them  everywhere.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #104 of 156

Quote:
So you'd recommend the D770 80 ohm over the pro 900 ? Then why the hype with the pro 900, the ultrasone pro 900 appreciation thread is quite often updated, and I  see some bassheads recommending them  everywhere.

I was referring to the Monster Pro. Not sure how the Pro 900s got into the conversation?

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #105 of 156

Quote:
I was referring to the Monster Pro. Not sure how the Pro 900s got into the conversation?

You quoted win16 who was talking of the Ultrasone Pro 900, but ok, that's more logical.

Original quote:

Quote:
I suppose the Ultrasone Pro 900 or Denon D7000 could suffice, but I want more impact and I'm curious whether the Beats Pros could actually trump the Ultrasones.

Ooops, I realise there's two pros in the same sentence, anyway. So which "pro" would you keep ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back