Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
Sep 24, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #931 of 996

Quote:

I'm still interested though, I expect it to color things up, not to drive demanding headphones.

FYI... this was taken directly from dfkt's review of ZO on ABI:

Quote:
The ZO is powerful enough to drive basically any high impedance or low sensitivity phone you throw at it. It doesn’t break a sweat driving some 300 Ohm Sennheiser HD650 or some inefficient DBI Pro-700 or Koss KSC75. As far as amplification goes, the ZO adds about 4-6dB of ‘regular’ gain to the input signal, which translates to ‘twice as loud’ in most cases...

Oh, and v2 has higher gain than v1 (approx. 5dB more from initial electrical tests). V2 will also have two amps - a pre-amp feeding a power amp.

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #932 of 996
^ well now I'm speechless, in the good way. will wait to see what the Zo2 does to my HD25 and DT1350.

careful with those partners, see what happened to FiiO 
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #933 of 996
Quote:

And to clarify Cindy and MizMoxie aren't the same person, I've dealt with MizMoxie over email, her name is Karen Berg. I believe Cindy is usually taking care of orders and Karen is DigiZoid's PR/marketing/contact kind of person. 

I'm really sorry that we haven't been able to definitively announce the launch date and pricing on v2 yet. However, in regards to pricing, we are targeting $100 or less. The release date is dependent on our manufacturing partner's lead time, and therefore, I don't want to promise you guys anything until we know for sure when they will be delivered to us.    

Btw...PRGWiZaRD is 100% correct.

that's quite alright MizMoxie, you never want to rush a great thing! and that means there will be time for some more contests, 
L3000.gif
  hhmmm, what could trhe next one be? lol

and

awe RPG is right? 
cool.gif
  and you don't have a secret identity, and your not really an undercover operative, ie. Bruce Wayne by day and a caped crusader at night!

I'll let these two know so they'll quit fighting over who gets to donate their DNA for v3? awe this is turning into a bummer, oh well back to ZOatia, lol

well then hello there Karen, aka MizMoxie, and welcome to ZOland, I'll vote you queen of all of the ZOatians, and you can bring the sun back to our land, and the cow will come off of the moon, when you bring the v2 and its extra 5dB,
atsmile.gif

Quote:
FYI... this was taken directly from dfkt's review of ZO on ABI:

Oh, and v2 has higher gain than v1 (approx. 5dB more from initial electrical tests). V2 will also have two amps - a pre-amp feeding a power amp.

WOAH!!  tha't awesome news, the ZO was a heavy hitter, now v2 is going interstellar!

Thanks for the news, agent MizMoxie! you'll always be DigiZolds best undercover operative to me, lol

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #934 of 996
That sounds indeed very nice if the price stays roughly the same as v1 which seems like too good to be true to me but if that's your target... xD

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #936 of 996
OK, I stand corrected. On everything except the part where I said McProgger had Aspberger's Syndrome - of course, that makes him a hero and an inspiration to us all. ANDEROAN, however, may have been stealing the meds McProgger should be taking .....

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #937 of 996
the resolve to your request lies wrapped around broccoli, lol, well at least that I've been collecting, I make some wicked pasta salad which includes adding broccoli to the mix, mmmm,

either that or you could probably get some decent rubber bands at a local office supply store, or ALO http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-silicone-amp-straps-black-with-logo.html  has some nice ones? for $10.+$7.=$17.?=expensive?        

Quote:
@ Mizmoxie:

Any chance you guys can include a band or something to hold the zo together with an iPhone/mp3 player/etc.? (if not, no worries)

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #938 of 996

Quote:
@estreeter: shame the E10 only work with USB power, no batteries. so I guess it cant be used as a stand alone portable amp

I wouldnt use any amp in a truly portable scenario - just IEMs straight from a DAP. Bedside rigs, however, offer a host of possibilities. Imagine:

Laptop -> E10 -> ZO -> phones

Instead of the headphone out on your DAP, the E10 has an analog line-out along with coaxial digital out, giving you even more flexibility.  Overkill ? Probably, but its cheaper than my current bedside setup. How many DAPs let you game on a 15" widescreen with explosions etc rendered at anything that even approaches a speaker rig ?

Two hundred bucks, assuming you dont need phones - thats chump change for a man of your means. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #939 of 996

Quote:
the resolve to your request lies wrapped around broccoli, lol, well at least that I've been collecting, I make some wicked pasta salad which includes adding broccoli to the mix, mmmm,

either that or you could probably get some decent rubber bands at a local office supply store, or ALO http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-silicone-amp-straps-black-with-logo.html  has some nice ones? for $10.+$7.=$17.?=expensive?        

$17 for 3 rubber bands? damnit. well considering the price of their interconnects the $6 rubber band makes sense lol.

I got me these and even that is overkill

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #940 of 996
Hey James, thanks for the link! 

that is a pretty good deal, and free shipping! do you know how long they are? the pic shows them wrapping around the long way on someones rig, and do they go good w/broccoli, they look a little chewy? lol,
popcorn.gif
 thanks!    lol

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #942 of 996

Quote:
Hey James, thanks for the link! 

that is a pretty good deal, and free shipping! do you know how long they are? the pic shows them wrapping around the long way on someones rig, and do they go good w/broccoli, they look a little chewy? lol,
popcorn.gif
 thanks!    lol

long/short enough 
tongue_smile.gif

Its fits just a little loose in the ipod alone.

Sep 26, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #945 of 996
Huh ?, Led Zep, sounds a little extreme, and not to say quite expensive just to hold your rig together, lol, 

no, I recomend Band of Brothers, yea ZObrothers that is 
cool.gif
, lol, plus they would be handy in a pinch if someone wanted to jack you for your ZO, lol, although I bet that Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant, could open up an awesome can of woop rock on anyone who tried to do the same, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back