Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
Sep 24, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #916 of 996

Quote:
 For me it's like no other amp can touch it at least in the 0 - $150 range. It's just that ZO pretty much nails it how I want it to sound like, others might have different taste in sound though.

call me an skeptic but I think that was a 'fanboi' comment. 
biggrin.gif

I'm still interested though, I expect it to color things up, not to drive demanding headphones.

edit: 

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #920 of 996
Sep 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #922 of 996

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Huh?

Quote:

Quote:
Huh?
We can all wait till MixMozie says something solid but what I heard from Cindy (or whoever writes the emails, can't really remember the name) said it will be in the 100$ ±20$ range.

What the huh! are all the HUH's about ?

well whatever, $120.00? I thought MizMoxie said they were gonna be free? lol

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #923 of 996

Quote:
Huh?
We can all wait till MixMozie says something solid but what I heard from Cindy (or whoever writes the emails, can't really remember the name) said it will be in the 100$ ±20$ range.

I'm going to take a wild guess that MizMoxie and Cindy are the same person. I know - crazy, right, what with DigiZoid being an enterprise employing thousands ....

Of course, if they arent, that was just the moonshine talking, and you can kiss my artichokes.
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #924 of 996

Quote:
 For me it's like no other amp can touch it at least in the 0 - $150 range. It's just that ZO pretty much nails it how I want it to sound like, others might have different taste in sound though.

I dont even think of it as an 'amp', although it undeniably has amplification capabilities. Its what I does to the signal BEFORE the amp stage that interests me.

BTW, I suspect you might find this interesting:

http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/ 

I have been critical of Mike's writing style in the past, particularly his overly rosy opinion of almost *everything* he reviews, but its hard to go past that price for a DAC/amp which, if Mike is to be believed, will drive some surprisingly big cans. Of course, given that the ZO also 'processes' the original signal, I think we have a ready-made comparison for someone with around $200 who is willing to buy both and write up a comparo. McProgger seems keen.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #925 of 996
Sherlock Holmes couldn't have deduced it any better!! 

moonshine and artichokes, MizMoxie and Cinthia, hhmmmm, I understand your logic and I can see the connection, now pass the moonshine, I need some to wash down my icecream and atichokes, mmm, ggrrrr, lol,

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #928 of 996

Quote:
I dont even think of it as an 'amp', although it undeniably has amplification capabilities. Its what I does to the signal BEFORE the amp stage that interests me.

BTW, I suspect you might find this interesting:

http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/ 

I have been critical of Mike's writing style in the past, particularly his overly rosy opinion of almost *everything* he reviews, but its hard to go past that price for a DAC/amp which, if Mike is to be believed, will drive some surprisingly big cans. Of course, given that the ZO also 'processes' the original signal, I think we have a ready-made comparison for someone with around $200 who is willing to buy both and write up a comparo. McProgger seems keen.

I don't need the DAC part, especially USB DAC, soundcard suits me better as I'm a tweaker kind of guy and USB dacs doesn't offer enough options. :p Had been nice if Mike had reviewed ZO I think he'd be suprised, oh well maybe when v2 is released. I will try to bug him about it at some point. :p

And to clarify Cindy and MizMoxie aren't the same person, I've dealt with MizMoxie over email, her name is Karen Berg. I believe Cindy is usually taking care of orders and Karen is DigiZoid's PR/marketing/contact kind of person. 

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #929 of 996

Quote:

And to clarify Cindy and MizMoxie aren't the same person, I've dealt with MizMoxie over email, her name is Karen Berg.

are you certain, cuz Sherlock Estreeter Holmes, sure has a valid point, when was the last time you talked to them both at the same time on this fabricated e-mail thingy you keep claiming, lol, o.k. enough moonshine 
beerchug.gif
  I think I'm gonna be sick, ggrrr, lol, glerp, and then why won't Karen return the Hulks phone calls, all she's doing is making him MAD, and now the price of the v2? uh oh too late, watch out MizMoxie!! 
basshead.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #930 of 996
I'm really sorry that we haven't been able to definitively announce the launch date and pricing on v2 yet. However, in regards to pricing, we are targeting $100 or less. The release date is dependent on our manufacturing partner's lead time, and therefore, I don't want to promise you guys anything until we know for sure when they will be delivered to us.    

Quote:
And to clarify Cindy and MizMoxie aren't the same person, I've dealt with MizMoxie over email, her name is Karen Berg. I believe Cindy is usually taking care of orders and Karen is DigiZoid's PR/marketing/contact kind of person. 

Btw...RPGWiZaRD is 100% correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back