Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #1,426 of 1,492
I had the chance to try today at CanJam both the liric 1 and 2 at the same time. I liked more the liric 1 . The reason is I like more forward mids. And to me the liric 2 sounds more recessed. Not bad in any way but I will go for the 1. Meze confirmed that to me, if demoed by themselves it might not be noticeable but if you A/B them it si quite noticeable.
Confused....

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #1,427 of 1,492
Confused....
I will try to explain when I get back to the hotel from dinner, but again CanJam was full so this demos are under quite a lot of noise. So might actually be off. But I personally liked more the Liric 1 .

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #1,430 of 1,492
Hi

I’ve a pair of the LIRIC coming in tomorrow for portable use. Looking for dongle dac/amp recommendations.

I am currently trialling the L&P W4 and Ibasso DC Elite. Should I trial the Mojo 2 too? I’ve previously owned this but is a little bulky for portable use and the button system is not great.

However, it would mean I can save on ordering a new balanced cable for the LIRIC unless the Ibasso and W4 improves things balanced?

So in short, does Mojo 2 best Ibasso and L&P despite not being balanced?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #1,431 of 1,492
Hi

I’ve a pair of the LIRIC coming in tomorrow for portable use. Looking for dongle dac/amp recommendations.

I am currently trialling the L&P W4 and Ibasso DC Elite. Should I trial the Mojo 2 too? I’ve previously owned this but is a little bulky for portable use and the button system is not great.

However, it would mean I can save on ordering a new balanced cable for the LIRIC unless the Ibasso and W4 improves things balanced?

So in short, does Mojo 2 best Ibasso and L&P despite not being balanced?

Thanks in advance.

Mojo2/Liric combination is great. You can tweak the sound if you want with the Crossfeed and EQ. I would take the Mojo2 over any DS based DAC. You'll get clarity and resolution without the digital glare. I have the DX320X and do like the ROHM DAC, but Mojo2 still ultimately wins more play time.

The Liric do not need balanced power due to being very easy to drive.

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #1,432 of 1,492
Mojo2/Liric combination is great. You can tweak the sound if you want with the Crossfeed and EQ. I would take the Mojo2 over any DS based DAC. You'll get clarity and resolution without the digital glare. I have the DX320X and do like the ROHM DAC, but Mojo2 still ultimately wins more play time.

The Liric do not need balanced power due to being very easy to drive.
Thanks Daniel.

Would you still recommend changing the stock 3.5 cable? If so, what do you use. I understand OCC copper works best.

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #1,433 of 1,492
Thanks Daniel.

Would you still recommend changing the stock 3.5 cable? If so, what do you use. I understand OCC copper works best.

Your choice. The stock cable is okay. I'm using Corpse Cables who uses cardas OFC copper cables. I wanted a longer length 6.35mm cable.

I did buy a silver meze upgrade cable. I can't really tell a difference.

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,434 of 1,492
Your choice. The stock cable is okay. I'm using Corpse Cables who uses cardas OFC copper cables. I wanted a longer length 6.35mm cable.

I did buy a silver meze upgrade cable. I can't really tell a difference.
Ok, thanks again. 👍🏻

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #1,436 of 1,492
I may be wrong, but I believe a braided Pentacon cable comes as default with the new LIRIC 2, if that is what you got. If it is the LIRIC 1, then my apologies.
Ok thanks. Yes it’s the LIRIC1 I’m getting. I had to bite at £600 off open-box.

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #1,438 of 1,492
Thank you very much for the review. Do you think that the Lokius can EQ the LIRIC 1 to be more similar to the LIRIC 2, say by trimming the 6kHz knob?
Maybe a bit, but I think there is more going on than just a frequency change in one region.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #1,440 of 1,492
My review of the Liric II is now published with comparisons to the Liric V1, DCA E3, and the LCD-XC 2021 edition.

I do think its more refined than the first version, though I appreciate that hardcore fans of the forward vocal imaging from the V1 might miss that on the II. Overall, I think the benefits outweigh the cons.

https://headfonics.com/meze-audio-liric-ii-review/

1711184811037.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back