Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #1,441 of 1,489
Hi

I’ve a pair of the LIRIC coming in tomorrow for portable use. Looking for dongle dac/amp recommendations.

I am currently trialling the L&P W4 and Ibasso DC Elite. Should I trial the Mojo 2 too? I’ve previously owned this but is a little bulky for portable use and the button system is not great.

However, it would mean I can save on ordering a new balanced cable for the LIRIC unless the Ibasso and W4 improves things balanced?

So in short, does Mojo 2 best Ibasso and L&P despite not being balanced?

Thanks in advance.
Get the Woo Audio Tube Mini, this thing is unreal, adds a bit of warmth and with the Liric's technical abilities it's a dream sound

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #1,442 of 1,489
Get the Woo Audio Tube Mini, this thing is unreal, adds a bit of warmth and with the Liric's technical abilities it's a dream sound
I'm interested in the Woo mini but may wait until a 2nd gen appears. I've opted for the Chord Hugo 2 with the Fiio M11S as transport for my portable use, as I will only be at home or at a fixed location. I trialled the L&P W4 & Ibasso DC Elite. Great if you want to use for commuting.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #1,443 of 1,489

The first of what I hope is a number of comparison videos.

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #1,444 of 1,489

The first of what I hope is a number of comparison videos.

Thank you very much. Nice comparison and the most Important one for me.

Also my Liric II is scheduled to arrive on tuesday

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #1,445 of 1,489
IMG_20240328_220319.jpg

Great sound.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #1,446 of 1,489
Just got my Liric 2s today, really enjoying them through my LP w2 at the moment. Will try them out through my mojo 2 later today. First impression is that they are easily one of the most comfortable headphones I've worn.

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #1,447 of 1,489
My Liric II arrived this fine weekend :)
I got lucky with a very pretty wood sample imo.
Unpacking experience is pretty much identical to Liric and best in class.
20240330_102656.jpg
20240330_103135.jpg
20240330_103741.jpg

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #1,449 of 1,489
Nice! Just curious, is your intended use for mostly at home or on portable gear?
At the moment mostly at home.
Maybe I take them with me to the new Office soon as well, but can't say yet

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #1,450 of 1,489
My impressions after two days are that the Liric II is an actual improvement over the Liric unlike Empyrean II and Empyrean which both are simply different flavors.

Comfort is identical and outstanding. I love the feel of the Liric.

Build was improved over the Liric, now with swappable pads. Imo the magnetic swap system is even better than the Elite/Empyreans system. The magnets seem to be stronger and pull it towards the correct position.

Sound wise:
The Bass is identical to the Liric and as I mentioned in my original Liric impressions is a very string point of these headphones. Excellent subbass and great midbass. Elevated above neutral

The mids received the most changes. Lower mids have been brought up while upper mids have been reduced. It feels more balanced and natural now.

Treble has also been changed but I need more A/B to say anything meaningful about it for now. It's not like It's more or less treble overall but the emphasis is at a different frequency or something

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #1,451 of 1,489
My impressions after two days are that the Liric II is an actual improvement over the Liric unlike Empyrean II and Empyrean which both are simply different flavors.

Comfort is identical and outstanding. I love the feel of the Liric.

Build was improved over the Liric, now with swappable pads. Imo the magnetic swap system is even better than the Elite/Empyreans system. The magnets seem to be stronger and pull it towards the correct position.

Sound wise:
The Bass is identical to the Liric and as I mentioned in my original Liric impressions is a very string point of these headphones. Excellent subbass and great midbass. Elevated above neutral

The mids received the most changes. Lower mids have been brought up while upper mids have been reduced. It feels more balanced and natural now.

Treble has also been changed but I need more A/B to say anything meaningful about it for now. It's not like It's more or less treble overall but the emphasis is at a different frequency or something
Regarding the comfort... I tested these for nearly an hour yesterday at a local shop and agree they are very comfortable... But felt very warm on my ears after only about 10 minutes. Do you experience this sensation?

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #1,452 of 1,489
Regarding the comfort... I tested these for nearly an hour yesterday at a local shop and agree they are very comfortable... But felt very warm on my ears after only about 10 minutes. Do you experience this sensation?
In march I don't, but since they are closed back, in summer I might.

However that counts for All closed and semi closed backs.
Maybe a little faster on the Liric since the cups are rather small

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #1,454 of 1,489
Any preliminary comments? :)
Much improved over the first Liric. Smoother treble, great bass and mids, open and spacious. I like it a lot and I find myself preferring it over a lot of open back headphones. Definitely a keeper for me. Some people might prefer the first edition though but most will end buying this one.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #1,455 of 1,489
Much improved over the first Liric. Smoother treble, great bass and mids, open and spacious. I like it a lot and I find myself preferring it over a lot of open back headphones. Definitely a keeper for me. Some people might prefer the first edition though but most will end buying this one.
Thanks, looking forward to your review.

Best regards :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back