Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Mar 7, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #1,396 of 1,495
Just watched the WaveTheory review. Sounds this is more a retuning of the Liric 1 as opposed to any technical improvements? I like the sound of it being less fatiguing than Liric 1 - fingers crossed the mids/treble are more skin to the Elite and less cold/lean than they were on Liric 1.
Yeah. He does a good job comparing the E3 and Radiance but I wish he got into Atrium Closed and Bokeh comparisons as well. Sounds like he’s got a backlog of reviews to get to so I’m assuming those comparisons are coming soon.

I absolutely love my Atrium Closed so the Liric II might be a good complementary headphone for different genres.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #1,398 of 1,495
Yeah. He does a good job comparing the E3 and Radiance but I wish he got into Atrium Closed and Bokeh comparisons as well. Sounds like he’s got a backlog of reviews to get to so I’m assuming those comparisons are coming soon.

I absolutely love my Atrium Closed so the Liric II might be a good complementary headphone for different genres.
Yep plus Liric 2 should be way more portable than AC. I used my Liric 1 in office, on trains etc. with ease.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #1,399 of 1,495
Yep plus Liric 2 should be way more portable than AC. I used my Liric 1 in office, on trains etc. with ease.
Agree. E3 like all of DCA’s headphones need a ton of power and I’m looking for a closed back that sounds great out of my A&K KANN Max so the Liric II looks like a better fit.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #1,400 of 1,495

Valours review is up!

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #1,401 of 1,495
There still are some inconsistencies.
At one part they say 30 Ohm and in the spec sheet 61 Ohm.
At 61 it might be a changed driver (it has the same name as the Liric driver though)

The QWRM is new, the pressure equalization system is changed.
Pad System changed as well.

It's the same model driver MZ4. I'm unsure what they changed on the pressure equalization system. Looks like the same port as the Liric 1.

The QWRM is new, but seems to be focused on the middle portion of the driver.

I'll be curious to find out what sounds different about the Liric II. I didn't like the Empyrean I due to being so dang relaxed and bass heavy. The Liric fixed this for me. I find it tuned pretty nicely when paired with my tube amps.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,402 of 1,495
Hmmm, what a coinky-dink...I'm in the market for a closed back in the ~$2,000 range; been mostly eyeing the DCA E3, but consistent reports of it's "forward" ~6 KHz range has made me hesitant to buy-to-try-and-pay-re-stocking fee. With the Liric II having a user-friendly replaceable pad system, it is now in contention for me. The only Meze I've heard was about 15 minutes with an Elite last summer.

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #1,403 of 1,495
Hmmm, what a coinky-dink...I'm in the market for a closed back in the ~$2,000 range; been mostly eyeing the DCA E3, but consistent reports of it's "forward" ~6 KHz range has made me hesitant to buy-to-try-and-pay-re-stocking fee. With the Liric II having a user-friendly replaceable pad system, it is now in contention for me. The only Meze I've heard was about 15 minutes with an Elite last summer.
I owned Liric 1 for months and also tried (and returned) the DCA E3.

The E3 was nice, but boring compared to the Liric. Less bass, less treble, less resolution. It was a great headphone, and very comfortable, but I feel like the E3 was way overrated.

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #1,404 of 1,495
I have to agree with others that the dca e3 is very boring and clinical no emotion to the sound anywhere. No bass less dynamic than the liric etc...

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #1,405 of 1,495
I own two pairs of the LIRIC 1 and may consider selling one pair to try the LIRIC 2. I like the idea of the magnetic ear cups and slightly fear that the adhesive cups may get more difficult to acquire the further out they get from selling the originals. I am interested in a different tuning, but I use my LIRIC 1 with Schiit Loki EQs so don’t know how important the new tuning would be to me. The wood cup would certainly wear better than the leather cup, as my oldest pair is already starting to peel up from the cup a bit. Before they are out of warranty I will reach out to Meze to see if they want to re-adhere it or if it is easy for me to do.

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #1,406 of 1,495
I have to agree with others that the dca e3 is very boring and clinical no emotion to the sound anywhere. No bass less dynamic than the liric etc...
It depends what you plug them in to. I'm editing my video now -- I changed my mind at the last minute how I wanted to talk about them, which is relevant to this comment.

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #1,408 of 1,495
It depends what you plug them in to. I'm editing my video now -- I changed my mind at the last minute how I wanted to talk about them, which is relevant to this comment.
Let's see I tested them on a cayin iha6, xduo xa10, ta-22, McIntosh, felks audio, and about 7 other amps/ dacs made zero difference just my 2 cents the e3 are just designed to be clinical

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #1,410 of 1,495
Since this is the Liric OG thread, can a consumer do anything about the leather peeling away from the cup? Or is it always up to meze to reglue?
I would contact Meze for that as the pressure system is very reliant on correct pad placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back