Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,787 of 3,070

Hi iRoux,

The battery has to be removed to recharge it.  

Plugging a power supply into the jack at the rear of the Stepdance or 2Stepdance bypasses the internal battery - unless the external supply voltage drops below the voltage of the internal battery, and then the Stepdance smartly switches back to the internal battery.

Mike

Quote:
Hmmm sorry for being a total noob when it comes to electronics, but can I charge the 9V battery without taking it out of the 2stepdance?

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,788 of 3,070
Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember me from the earlier pages in the thread.  I have been relatively silent about the amp as of late due to my failed attempt at replacing the unit's voltage converter, thus I haven't been able to use the unit in high voltage/current mode nor with an external adapter for several months now, and I just wanted to give some kudos to Jan Meier for offering to help me replace the chip.  He is one of the rare gentlemen in the audio business, and my only regret is not having sent the amp off a year ago to be fixed.  I think Jan deserves a lot of thanks for not only designing a great series of headphone amps, but also for backing his product with exemplary customer service.  I think my favorite headphones with the Stepdance are the Sennheiser HD598, as the amp is able to give the HD598 a degree of clarity and bass tightness not found with conventional headphone amp designs in my experience.  I will be going through major Stepdance withdrawal for the next few weeks as I send off the amp in a couple of days to Germany, but I know it will be worth it in the long run to be able to fully experience the full sound quality of the amp for the first time in a year.

--Eric

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #1,789 of 3,070

Thanks for the reply
Quote:

Hi iRoux,

The battery has to be removed to recharge it.  

Plugging a power supply into the jack at the rear of the Stepdance or 2Stepdance bypasses the internal battery - unless the external supply voltage drops below the voltage of the internal battery, and then the Stepdance smartly switches back to the internal battery.

Mike

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #1,790 of 3,070
To dim the LED :)

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #1,792 of 3,070
Jeah..just try it :)

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #1,793 of 3,070

Quote:
Jeah..just try it :)

I'd like to try it, but I'm chicken!   BAWK-bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk!   
redface.gif

Maybe I'll just paint the LED with several coats of translucent blue lacquer until it's sufficiently dimmed!  
tongue_smile.gif

(But the heat might craze the lacquer...)

Mike

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #1,794 of 3,070
This is also possible and much more easier :) :)

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #1,796 of 3,070
Actually I wanted to dim it because it was too shiny in the night but I have to test it today if there are any great changes. If not I have to change the potentiometer by another one with more resistance. Right now I am using a 10k poti and a 1k series resistor. Originally are 4K7 Ohm used.

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #1,798 of 3,070
I ve changed the series resistance to 9K Ohm and now it is really to dim :) :)

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #1,800 of 3,070

Users who are viewing this thread

Back