Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 16, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #1,816 of 3,070
Thanks for the info guys.  I guess I might have to start investing on a power adapter for the Stepdance to use at home since 3-4 hours of music per battery is pretty bad.  I noticed some of you have suggested using Radio Shack's Enercell power adapters, but I didn't find any feedback regarding noise or hums produced by them.  Does anyone actually use them with the Stepdance?

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #1,817 of 3,070
Try to find a post by zilch, he has on his sig the link to what you need for the 15v battery upgrade. I really cannot emphasize enough how it transforms the Stepdance from already wonderful into holy crap is this possible out of a portable wonderful!!

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #1,819 of 3,070
I saw that during my search, but that setup is going to cost around $100 or more unless I find a used set.  I was thinking more in the line of: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3875402 .  I don't think I really need a 15v since I'm planning to use the Stepdance with iems, but I'm just worried the sound might be degraded by the cheap power adapter. 

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #1,820 of 3,070
The sound would not be degraded by this cheap power adapter. The Stepdance will regulate the PSU as well. I ve tried it with this

http://toellner.de/html/pages/en-homepage-products-power-supplies-toe8850.htm

and found out that it is not worth the money :)

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #1,821 of 3,070
@ monoethylene  : 
Do you use an external power source with your Stepdance + HD25 and does it sound better than straight out of a 9v battery?  Since the HD25 is fairly low in impedance I'm figuring it shouldn't be that hard to drive and therefore don't really need 15v to shine.

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #1,822 of 3,070
Right now I am using the Stepdance at work with a normal regulated PSU and there I am using the Stepdance with my DT 931 and it sounds really great.

I ve used it with the HD-25 and my Clippi but at the end it was too much for me to carry around :). Further the Clippi sounds really good out of the box.

To answer your question it is really difficult for me to hear any differences with or without an external PSU.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #1,825 of 3,070

Quote:
hey guys,
how many time can a normal rechargeable battery be charged before it die away ?

There is really no such thing as 'how many times' you can recharge a rechargeable battery. Rechargeable battery will decrease in capacity as soon as you start using it. So you might get 10 hrs of use at first, but 9 hours a few months later. It is when the capacity is decreased to a point that you think it is not worth while charging it, then you should replace it. A typical number is 500 cycles, but it can be less than 300 cycles or over 800 cycles depend on how you take care of the battery as well as the battery type / construction.

Quote:
Can i actually use this for external power supply :
http://ezlaptopadapters.com/15v-1-amp-1000ma-acdc-power-supply-p-4009.html
Thanks

That one won't work. You need a *regulated* power supply or you might risk burning something.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,826 of 3,070
oh thanks 
do you think i should keep using rechargeable battery ? i think it is not too expensive, right ? 
btw, can you show me an example of regulated power supply? since i always use 2stepdance at home, may be an external power supply is better ? 
Cheer 

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #1,827 of 3,070

Quote:
oh thanks do you think i should keep using rechargeable battery ? i think it is not too expensive, right ? btw, can you show me an example of regulated power supply? since i always use 2stepdance at home, may be an external power supply is better ? Cheer 

If you decide to use 9V rechargeable, I'll recommend this (which I am using now) as they are pretty good.

Don't really have any example of regulated power supply to show you, but you will find a few  if you search this thread  15V regulated tends to be just a little harder to find. If you can't find any, a 12V regulated is easier to get.

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #1,828 of 3,070
Quote:
If you decide to use 9V rechargeable, I'll recommend this (which I am using now) as they are pretty good.

Don't really have any example of regulated power supply to show you, but you will find a few  if you search this thread  15V regulated tends to be just a little harder to find. If you can't find any, a 12V regulated is easier to get.

x2, im using the hoba too, not only are they cheap for 500mah (compared to brands like powerex), I found that its one of a few 9v that fits the stepdance perfectly, not too tight or too loose for the door cover

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,829 of 3,070

Quote:

thank a lot 
im currently using a cheap 9V 250mA battery. Will it affect the sound quality ?

Anyone please recommend me a regulated external power supply which you are using =)

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #1,830 of 3,070

Quote:
thank a lot im currently using a cheap 9V 250mA battery. Will it affect the sound quality ?Anyone please recommend me a regulated external power supply which you are using =)

What battery won't affect the sound quality, but you are getting much less play time. As for power supply, you should be able to find one from either element14 or RS online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back