Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #871 of 3,070

Quote:
I just took a big bungee jump on the respect that everyone here at Head-Fi has for Skylab's opinions.

Mike

Google 'review xxxxx' (insert the name of a portable amp) and chances are that you will find one of Rob's reviews. Click on one of the non Head-Fi links and you will almost certainly find yourself in a forum post that contains a reference to one of Rob's reviews. With the exception of 6Moons (nice pics) and the odd site like anythingbutipod.com (they didnt like the Pico Slim), this is it. Rob's departure will leave a yawning chasm IMO - dozens of lost souls on Jaben and other forums crying out for guidance.  Like sheep without a shepherd  :)

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #872 of 3,070

Quote:
Quote:
I just took a big bungee jump on the respect that everyone here at Head-Fi has for Skylab's opinions.

Mike

Google 'review xxxxx' (insert the name of a portable amp) and chances are that you will find one of Rob's reviews. Click on one of the non Head-Fi links and you will almost certainly find yourself in a forum post that contains a reference to one of Rob's reviews. With the exception of 6Moons (nice pics) and the odd site like anythingbutipod.com (they didnt like the Pico Slim), this is it. Rob's departure will leave a yawning chasm IMO - dozens of lost souls on Jaben and other forums crying out for guidance.  Like sheep without a shepherd  :)

Is Rob leaving? I most certainly hope not!

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #874 of 3,070

Quote:
Quote:
Is Rob leaving? I most certainly hope not!

Leaving portable head-fi. Posted something about it all being 'too silly'  :)

That really is a shame though I am glad he will still be on the forum. I do remember him saying though that with the final round of portable headphone amp reviews he was done with the portable end and was going to concentrate on the home side.

Either way, thank you Rob, as I have mentioned to you before, your help and kindness in answering my questions has led me to something I never thought possible with portable hifi.. A wonderful sound! The forum is a richer place with you around and you have left a valuable legacy for those of us into the portable end to use as research.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #876 of 3,070

Quote:

(Or does the smile mean that you are joking? If so, sorry for being dense.)

I may have to use a few more emoticons in future - one of Rob's redeeming features is that he has absolutely no sense of humour. Absolutely none at all. He may have been the only person on earth who didnt laugh at the premiere of 'Something About Mary'.

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #877 of 3,070

Quote:
I'm a new owner of The Stepdance, I've read all This monster-thread, But do anyone have The same problem on a IPhone out, The typical noise of a mobile interference...I have another portable amp (Nico's) and has not The same problem...forgive my horrible english But I'm Also on a mobile phone :)
Greetings to This mighty forum!

Hey nightfuel,
Are you connecting through an iPhone line out dock (LOD) or through the normal headphone out?

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #879 of 3,070

Quote:
I may have to use a few more emoticons in future - one of Rob's redeeming features is that he has absolutely no sense of humour. Absolutely none at all. He may have been the only person on earth who didnt laugh at the premiere of 'Something About Mary'.

Indeed, I have no sense of humor at all.  In fact, I am a robot, not a human
tongue_smile.gif

Just for the record, I am not leaving, or even reducing, my activity on head-fi.  I am just switching mt reviewing efforts and energy away from portable amps, and on to other things.  You all cannot get rid of me that easily...

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #880 of 3,070
Have you had the chance to run the JH13/16 through the Stepdance versus balanced through RSA Protector or SR-71(b)?

Indeed, I have no sense of humor at all.  In fact, I am a robot, not a human
tongue_smile.gif

Just for the record, I am not leaving, or even reducing, my activity on head-fi.  I am just switching mt reviewing efforts and energy away from portable amps, and on to other things.  You all cannot get rid of me that easily...

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #881 of 3,070

Quote:
Have you had the chance to run the JH13/16 through the Stepdance versus balanced through RSA Protector or SR-71(b)?

Nope - I have never owned any JH IEM's.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #882 of 3,070

Quote:

Good news Rob. I am hoping sometime this year I will at last put down roots again and be able to get a home based system so I shall start reading your thoughts based in that direction!

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #884 of 3,070

Users who are viewing this thread

Back