Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #151 of 3,070
Yeh, I found that my volume control know (on the 3MOVE) gets a bit loose after a while. I usually give it a tighten every now and then when I feel it getting loose.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #152 of 3,070
What screwdriver did you buy ? I also intend to get 1 just in case the volume knob comes loose . Apparently even a T3 / T4 screw seems big for it . :frowning2:

Quote:
Anyone have the volume control knob come loose yet? When I picked up my Stepdance yesterday, the little volume knob thingy dropped onto the floor. Luckily I noticed it and didn't loose it. (Lost a pair of SM3's in my move but that is a different story)

At any rate, I had to go to "one of those electrical stores" to get the absolute smallest "slotted" screwdriver to tighten it back on.I didn't even know screwdrivers this small even existed. I mean this thing is small (1.0 mm)
All is OK now but I thought I'd give a heads up.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #153 of 3,070

Quote:
What screwdriver did you buy ? I also intend to get 1 just in case the volume knob comes loose . Apparently even a T3 / T4 screw seems big for it . :frowning2:

I don't know. It's just this ridiculously small screwdriver. I thought it was a hex head or something but in the end, the thing that worked was a 1.0 mm standard head or some I guess call it a slotted head screwdriver. "some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade".....lol

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #154 of 3,070

I would suggest you report the situation to Meier Audio for warranty claim.

Quote:
Anyone have the volume control knob come loose yet? When I picked up my Stepdance yesterday, the little volume knob thingy dropped onto the floor. Luckily I noticed it and didn't loose it. (Lost a pair of SM3's in my move but that is a different story)

At any rate, I had to go to "one of those electrical stores" to get the absolute smallest "slotted" screwdriver to tighten it back on.I didn't even know screwdrivers this small even existed. I mean this thing is small (1.0 mm)
All is OK now but I thought I'd give a heads up.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #155 of 3,070
A bit of clear nail polish on the screw threads will keep it from working loose, but still allow for easy removal if needed. 

Sep 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #158 of 3,070

Quote:

I use a 1mm screwdriver with a flat tip. It's just the right size.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #160 of 3,070
@ Woody - what luck :frowning2:

Battery update.  So, I got the 600 mAh HiTECH battery and 520 mAh iPower battery, but am still waiting on the Maha 9.6V battery.  The good news, both batteries last all day (8+ hours) with IEMs on high current, low gain.  The odd news...the HiTECH says it is only compatible with it's own charger.  I guess they are right as the polarity has been reversed by charging it with the iPower charger.  I can use it in the Stepdance as I can just flip the battery.  It worked fine all day today and I am charging it now...

I do plan on retiring it and replacing it for safety sake with another iPower battery.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #161 of 3,070
stepdance is arrived.... ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooood .....
beyersmile.png
wonderful, the first music was amazing.... now it's bruning in :wink: then more...

equipment:
Hifiman H3-5l3
Corda Stepdance
Ipod Touch  -> in a few days hifiman 602

:wink: :wink: :wink:

henning

PS: sry for my bad bad english :frowning2:

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #162 of 3,070
stepdance is arrived.... ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooood .....
beyersmile.png
wonderful, the first music was amazing.... now it's bruning in :wink: then more...

equipment:
Hifiman H3-5l3
Corda Stepdance
Ipod Touch  -> in a few days hifiman 602

:wink: :wink: :wink:

henning

PS: sry for my bad bad english :frowning2:

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #164 of 3,070
Here's a noob question for you guys. Will I recognize a considerable amount of "wow" factor if I upgraded from Ibasso D4 Mamba to Stepdance? All of my portables are low impedance cans! 

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #165 of 3,070

Quote:
Here's a noob question for you guys. Will I recognize a considerable amount of "wow" factor if I upgraded from Ibasso D4 Mamba to Stepdance? All of my portables are low impedance cans! 

The Stepdance is better but it's not a huge jump in "wow" factor.  The D4 with upgraded opamps comes closer, but it's not quite as good (but close), nor as powerful as the Stepdance with high impedance cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back