MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Jan 21, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #771 of 1,638
What an abomination, thankfully I don't look like that in reality... at least I hope so.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #772 of 1,638
Quote:
I don't know whether it looks ridiculous or not.
I put it on when I am driving and use it with superimod+Iqube V2+ Sony MDR Z1000 when I did this
I thought I'm kinda smart

i certainly hope that you don't make this a regular practice as blocking the ability to hear sounds around you while driving is incredibly dangerous, so much so that it is illegal in many places!

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #773 of 1,638
Probably not illegal in Thailand... 
wink.gif
  ...but that doesn't detract from the inherent danger in the practice.

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #774 of 1,638
I agree to that it is not very safe, it is not illegal at my place.
However I never wear it on the expressway.
I do not encourage wearing it in different settings .  The traffic at
my place is so bad that you can not drive  fast and sometimes
one red light I have to wait 15-30 minutes and if you don't listen
to music it will make you sleepy and it may cause more accident.
It is probably safer than using the Blackberry while you are driving,
or less annoying that those who turned on the music so loud. It is
definitely safer than drunk driving or driving under substances abuse
which is more common in other places.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #776 of 1,638
After about 48 of burn-in (mmm, still not a believer, but desperate enough to try :D ? ) the Z1000 is still a very dark sounding HP to me. I only like them paired with my brightest amp =( (which ironically is a 3ch active ground cmoy :D )

I'd probably prefer the CD3000 that I had, or even SA5000 to it. hmph...Guess I screwed myself up by getting used to peaked mids and treble. On the other hand might be pleasing to see sony not peaking those through the roof in what they probably position as ala-professional studio hp. But um, yea...Even my Vintage Pioneer Monitor 10 is brighter...The sound of Z1000 reminds me somewhat of the LCD-2 that I heard at the Melbourne meet. Almost as dark, and similar overall sound sig.

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #777 of 1,638
^ I went from the SR325is to the HD650. The HD 650 was super dark, coming from perhaps the brightest headphone known to man. After about a month though, I got used to it, and now I can't go back to brightness.

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #778 of 1,638
^ I went from the SR325is to the HD650. The HD 650 was super dark, coming from perhaps the brightest headphone known to man. After about a month though, I got used to it, and now I can't go back to brightness.

mm, similar with my moves SR-404->SR-507 and EX700->SM3...But Z1000 is even darker =\ I suppose, I should take comfort in that I'm less likely to suffer HF loss as soon as I otherwise probably would with really bright HP :wink: ?

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #779 of 1,638

Quote:
Probably not illegal in Thailand... 
wink.gif
  ...but that doesn't detract from the inherent danger in the practice.

It's surely illegal here. Don't blame the country,blame the people ,who does it.
angry_face.gif

deadhorse.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #780 of 1,638
Very Dark? the Z1000, I find your conclusion very surprising, an A/B comparison between the K701 and the Z1000 reveals to me that both headphones ave pretty similar levels of treble, the Z1000, may just be a tad darker, but it's like a 1% difference. And the K701 is reputed to have be hot, treble wise.

Quote:
After about 48 of burn-in (mmm, still not a believer, but desperate enough to try :D ? ) the Z1000 is still a very dark sounding HP to me. I only like them paired with my brightest amp =( (which ironically is a 3ch active ground cmoy :D ) I'd probably prefer the CD3000 that I had, or even SA5000 to it. hmph...
Guess I screwed myself up by getting used to peaked mids and treble. On the other hand might be pleasing to see sony not peaking those through the roof in what they probably position as ala-professional studio hp. But um, yea...Even my Vintage Pioneer Monitor 10 is brighter...The sound of Z1000 reminds me somewhat of the LCD-2 that I heard at the Melbourne meet. Almost as dark, and similar overall sound sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back