Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Feb 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #1,471 of 5,176
My NFB-3 arrived today so naturally I played around with my office desktop setup instead of actually working. I have the NFB-3 feeding the m-stage to K702's. The stock Matrix opamp is OK and the OPA627AU class A mod from coolfungadget sounded pretty nice but not perfect. I then gave the 2 channel TLE2141 class A module a try from the D10 topkit and now I cant get the grin off my head. To my ears its perfect.  Worth a go if you have one!

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #1,473 of 5,176
They should.

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #1,474 of 5,176
I'm a bit of a basshead and was wondering which opamp for my Matrix would provide me with a discernable increase in bass quantity and rumble over the stock chip. I've got a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's and liked the rumble coming out of my portable XM4 w AD8620 op but the M-Stage is clearly superior in every aspect in terms of SQ, but miss the rumble.

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #1,476 of 5,176
can someone help me?
I just got my matrix m stage. whenever i change my gain, my left side will always be much louder than the right side.
The sound is only balanced when i use the default gain.
the other 3 gains will result in louder left side.

My setup is foobar --> X-fi Forte lineout ---> Matrix M stage --> K701

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #1,478 of 5,176
omg. thanks. 
I feel so stupid right now!.

but i have one slight problem.
My pc will detect my left channel as right channel and right channel as left.
so i have to swap my rca cable with the red cable into the white jack and the other way round. - -

Anyway, how long do i need to burn in the amp?

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,480 of 5,176

Quote:
I'm a bit of a basshead and was wondering which opamp for my Matrix would provide me with a discernable increase in bass quantity and rumble over the stock chip. I've got a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's and liked the rumble coming out of my portable XM4 w AD8620 op but the M-Stage is clearly superior in every aspect in terms of SQ, but miss the rumble.

You probably should have gotten a KICAS Caliente and an upgrade PSU to go with it.
You could try 2x HA3-2525-5 on a 2x1 socketed adapter, but it won't be that much of a difference.  You would have to also replace the output and opamp capacitors with Elna RFS equivalents, I imagine, for a bit more bass.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #1,483 of 5,176

Quote:
hi, besides | frank | who uses 0db gain with the lcd-2, are there other people who paired the lcd-2 with their m-stage and what gain do you use ?

I'll be receiving my pair at the beginning of this week and hopefully experiment with different gain settings and report back here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back