Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #3,466 of 9,243
EU buyers are living with VAT BS for years. Only difference is we're paying 20-ish % of value to the local customs on every order outside of EU over 22 euros
So you want to buy new DAP or phones whatever that's 400eu sir, and with taxes and DHL that would be total 520eu. Yay
in sweden they take that VAT + a constant fee of around 9 usd on ALL packages that comes outside EU. Super BS

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #3,467 of 9,243
if your exact cables are not found in my database, i've not tried them, and can't confirm the wire used.

the plugs of cable 210 don't look bad quality. in fact, i guess they are better than most cheap chinese plugs. but plugs of 175 are more expensive, due to hard rhodium plating over gold plated beryllium copper. more durable, they are similar quality than top brands plugs.
just surf through taobao searching for plugs, and you'll find most of the plugs used in chinese cables, and their price.

cable 192. imo, it's the best 6N OCC/UP-OCC copper litz cable below $40 in my list. ultra flexible and soft, check comments in my database. its price has been lowered a lot during last two days, matching the price of DIYing it. the link has also changed.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000413868760.html
RS-series-6N-single-crystal-copper-4-core-headset-upgrade-cable.jpg

no taxes charged to spain here.
so the whole aliexpress site is charging taxes when buying from US? it sounds like another chapter of commercial war between US and China
Yes they now charge taxes to US :frowning2:

No taxes to Mexico but the postal service here isn't good so i prefer sending my stuff to USA

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #3,468 of 9,243
Just bought 175 (4 cores version) and MMCX to 2Pin converter (but angled version this time) :)
Wanted to pay with Paypal but always the same CSC error... so had to pay with credit card.. :/
btw "friday10" was expired so I found another 10$ coupon, so if it can help try this one : "MAREDUC3"

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #3,469 of 9,243
I'm a bit lost.... Like i said i have some wire from norne audio and i want to try another one for the fun and thank to Hakuzen for recommending neotech but i don't understand all the difference between, up-occ, cryo, litz... What is the best for my HD800 because i want to keep the clarity and resolution(i already noticed going from stock to the norne audio wire give me a more precise soundstage)
UP-OCC is one of the four certified OCC methods to make wire. made and patented by neotech (taiwan).
cryo means the material gets frozen (cryogenic treatment) during a stage of the production.
the goal of both is getting lower impurities, better aligned crystal boundaries, so the conductivity is improved in all parts of the conductor, for all frequencies.

litz means the individual strands in each core are individually enameled (shielded). this helps to avoid oxidation.
litz geometry means twisted strands, twisted groups of strands. different levels.
litz shielding and geometry should help to decrease EMI noise and to decrease capacitance between conductors by adding more dielectric isolating layers.

the effect on sound from the three methods is supposed to be:
- deeper, wider, more three dimensional soundstage
- lower noise floor
- improved dynamic range
- more articulate bass reproduction
- smoother, more refined high frequency response

my experience with up-occ wires has convinced me of these effects. others will tell you there are not differences.

i'd go mixing up-occ pure silver with up-occ copper.
neotech silver wire at authorized distributors is expensive. most aren't litz nor cryo, but use pvc or teflon sleeve (the latter adds stiffness, but has better dielectric properties). copper is also more expensive than other copper wires.
oem up-occ wires are more affordable, most of them are cryo and litz, and use PE (polyethylene) sleeve. but you can't be sure they are made by neotech. my experience with these oem up-occ wires is very good, so i don't mind if neotech made them. to me, they are up-occ, notable difference with other wires i've tried (OCC / single crystal included).
in the case you want to try oem up-occ wires, i recommend AgAu (silver 99% gold 1% alloy) for silver. for copper, cryo copper litz would be my preferred, but you need to remove litz from the wire between soldering on contacts (DIY), and this can be a bit annoying, so you could go for cryo copper no litz as well.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #3,471 of 9,243
Cable 175, any differences between standard color and blue other than cosmetic?
Any pics of blue one?
Also so far I didn't have a chance to check electro acousti cables I'm saving for 175 for my S8F. I'm wondering can anyone describe ear-hooks to me?
As a reference my best cables I own are In terms of ear-hooks comfort best one I have is Gu.Craftsmans
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32982125051.html
Perfect ear-hooks, very stable and comfortable. Not to thick cable, not heavy but just a tad hard.
And cable wise softest and bendiest so to say my favourite cable to handle is Kingoofi
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32956046016.html

Can anyone say what can I expect from electro acousti 175 cable compared to those two, in terms of earhook comfort, thickness, softness?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #3,472 of 9,243
Any pics of blue one?
Also so far I didn't have a chance to check electro acousti cables I'm saving for 175 for my S8F. I'm wondering can anyone describe ear-hooks to me?
As a reference my best cables I own are In terms of ear-hooks comfort best one I have is Gu.Craftsmans
Perfect ear-hooks, very stable and comfortable. Not to thick cable, not heavy but just a tad hard.
And cable wise softest and bendiest so to say my favourite cable to handle is Kingoofi

Can anyone say what can I expect from electro acousti 175 cable compared to those two, in terms of earhook comfort, thickness, softness?
blue, brown only colour different.
as for earhook i ok with electro one.i dun have much others

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #3,473 of 9,243
Depends how lucky you are, and how much customs staff decides your parcel is worth. Usually with cables and small articles no tax no problem.

LZ A6 is the most expensive, but it's a small package too. Hope there will be no problem. Plus I'm waiting for NCM Bella v1 from Vietnam in few weeks, and this is seriously more expensive. We'll see... (fingers crossed).
Anyway, thanks for the input.

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #3,474 of 9,243
I bought this cable from electro acousti with the 0.78mm 2-pins for my massdrop plus iems they sound great but the 2-pin cable gets removed quite easily which doesn't happen with other cables.
I was looking to buy cable 175 but am now unsure of the 2-pin 078mm plugs from electro acousti are compatible with my Massdrop plus iems?
Any info would be appreciated .
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.63f64c4dn4ADA1

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #3,475 of 9,243
I bought this cable from electro acousti with the 0.78mm 2-pins for my massdrop plus iems they sound great but the 2-pin cable gets removed quite easily which doesn't happen with other cables.
I was looking to buy cable 175 but am now unsure of the 2-pin 078mm plugs from electro acousti are compatible with my Massdrop plus iems?
Any info would be appreciated .
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.63f64c4dn4ADA1
The below cable is the one you already bought from EA? If so you can ask them you having issue with the 2pins.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #3,476 of 9,243
Any pics of blue one?

At least two people posted pics in the last 5 pages (me incl)

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #3,478 of 9,243
Delete

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #3,479 of 9,243
Well seems the Chinese are on a revenge vendetta against USA.. F*U*C*K Trump for this..
Well i dondt have anything from ali with Tax and i am german

Users who are viewing this thread

Back