Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 30, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #3,451 of 9,186
So, that's why some of the stuff seems to be more expensive than at my local store. Hmm now I know why

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #3,452 of 9,186
I'm sorry for making some confusion, but the lyre acoustic cable that I meant was the one that came with the KPE. KPE stock cable
upload_2019-11-30_11-45-33.png

upload_2019-11-30_11-46-15.png

These are no where close to litz and they don't even mention its litz anywhere... cable 175 would be undoubtedly better in all respects IMH(humble)O

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #3,453 of 9,186

These are no where close to litz and they don't even mention its litz anywhere... cable 175 would be undoubtedly better in all respects IMH(humble)O
So any idea what's the material of their cable?

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #3,454 of 9,186
So any idea what's the material of their cable?
and i quote from translated images,
"Three One Gold series into the door & 铜 铜 八 & copper eight mixed
When the local copper and silver copper, to hand-Way reported; 8 Shares, formed, also brought not the same sound.
Alcohol thick, clear, show, this line with a significant change; sound performance in the original material, but also more balanced sound than the same bit
The style of gold and the appearance of the plug, this Gold new "" series of a Gold new chapter...

Four-strand over-processing copper plated thick silver, and four-strand over-processing of wire, woven in a manual manner. The structure of the independent insulation of a telegraph wire is not only true and disturbing in signal transmission, but also the possibility that the conductor can be discolored by corrosion and oxidation. This base test guide design, making the wire more resistant ,
Can have on many aspects"

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #3,455 of 9,186
When the local copper and silver copper, to hand-Way reported; 8 Shares, formed, also brought not the same sound.
Alcohol thick, clear, show, this line with a significant change; sound performance in the original material, but also more balanced sound than the same bit
The style of gold and the appearance of the plug, this Gold new "" series of a Gold new chapter...

Four-strand over-processing copper plated thick silver, and four-strand over-processing of wire, woven in a manual manner. The structure of the independent insulation of a telegraph wire is not only true and disturbing in signal transmission, but also the possibility that the conductor can be discolored by corrosion and oxidation. This base test guide design, making the wire more resistant ,
That's very confusing :astonished:

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #3,456 of 9,186
hahaha.. u wishes.. but it just open another gate tl a different realm.. hehehe

nooooooooooooooo.... are you speaking from experience? haha, ill try my best not to go down deep on this realm lol

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #3,457 of 9,186

Btw, where did you find the description? I couldn't find any that's this detailed except from the pictures

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #3,458 of 9,186
So...anyone have any suggestions for best cheap (under $40) pure copper or (if even possible) OCC copper litz / UP-OCC?

Nov 30, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #3,459 of 9,186
Anyone can help me identify these cables? Because I want to pair it with my IEM but didn't know which is which on hakuzen's list
if your exact cables are not found in my database, i've not tried them, and can't confirm the wire used.

Thank you. I just bought an Aeolus and with not much more to spend, Comet should be good enough for listening on the bike where I have to wear helmet. Otherwise, I don't shy away from wearing the biggest cans outside :D
You said 175 has better plugs compared to 210. How bad are 210 plugs? and is it the MMCX on 210 which isn't great or the TRS connection? Also it would be awesome if you could explain a bit more why the plugs on 210 aren't so great.
the plugs of cable 210 don't look bad quality. in fact, i guess they are better than most cheap chinese plugs. but plugs of 175 are more expensive, due to hard rhodium plating over gold plated beryllium copper. more durable, they are similar quality than top brands plugs.
just surf through taobao searching for plugs, and you'll find most of the plugs used in chinese cables, and their price.

Can anyone tell me which UP-OCC, frozen pure copper or pure copper litz, and single crystal copper 2-pin cables are the cheapest / best for the price? I'm looking for a good mainly pure copper cable for my incoming IMR Rah.
So...anyone have any suggestions for best cheap (under $40) pure copper or (if even possible) OCC copper litz / UP-OCC?
cable 192. imo, it's the best 6N OCC/UP-OCC copper litz cable below $40 in my list. ultra flexible and soft, check comments in my database. its price has been lowered a lot during last two days, matching the price of DIYing it. the link has also changed.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000413868760.html
RS-series-6N-single-crystal-copper-4-core-headset-upgrade-cable.jpg

You guys noticed Aliexpress is charging Tax? What is that about. It would be very surprising to me if they report that tax to the US. Lol. Reason why my 175 cable was $170 was taxes. Some BS if you ask me. How can a Chinese web site be charging taxes and who are they gonna give that tax money to.?

So the coupon discount is not really a discount it seems. You do the discount to counter the taxes which seems like a made up way to charge extra to counter the coupon and X amount off for buying stuff. Lol. It is a freaking joke.
no taxes charged to spain here.
so the whole aliexpress site is charging taxes when buying from US? it sounds like another chapter of commercial war between US and China

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #3,460 of 9,186
Btw, where did you find the description? I couldn't find any that's this detailed except from the pictures
Translated from the images!

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #3,462 of 9,186
Can confirm no tax to Barcelona/Spain. Purchased like 10-12 articles in different stores.

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #3,463 of 9,186
You guys noticed Aliexpress is charging Tax? What is that about. It would be very surprising to me if they report that tax to the US. Lol. Reason why my 175 cable was $170 was taxes. Some BS if you ask me. How can a Chinese web site be charging taxes and who are they gonna give that tax money to.?

So the coupon discount is not really a discount it seems. You do the discount to counter the taxes which seems like a made up way to charge extra to counter the coupon and X amount off for buying stuff. Lol. It is a freaking joke.

EU buyers are living with VAT BS for years. Only difference is we're paying 20-ish % of value to the local customs on every order outside of EU over 22 euros
So you want to buy new DAP or phones whatever that's 400eu sir, and with taxes and DHL that would be total 520eu. Yay

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #3,464 of 9,186
I'm a bit lost.... Like i said i have some wire from norne audio and i want to try another one for the fun and thank to Hakuzen for recommending neotech but i don't understand all the difference between, up-occ, cryo, litz... What is the best for my HD800 because i want to keep the clarity and resolution(i already noticed going from stock to the norne audio wire give me a more precise soundstage)

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #3,465 of 9,186
Can confirm no tax to Barcelona/Spain. Purchased like 10-12 articles in different stores.

Depends how lucky you are, and how much customs staff decides your parcel is worth. Usually with cables and small articles no tax no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back