Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 14, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,441 of 9,186
this can be a real deal for single crystal silver cable. i'll get one when at sales for sure

I purchased B version some weeks ago (short one) and don't like the SQ compared to other cheaper ones. Maybe C version is better.

May 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1,442 of 9,186
The marketing blurb seems more on the mark than any other cable’s description I have seen.
Certainly has my attention.

Would love @hakuzen to put it through comparison against his top current favourites.

The seller also does UPOCC Litz version at only extra $10. The description for it is different though without the same marketing blurb.

4Core Upgraded Copper Cable lizt 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Earphone Cable MMCX 2PIN
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cjgfcurA
quality of wire is similar to 165. in fact, found the wire used in 165 at this shop. 165 is my fav in terms of sound.
they also have a 8 cores (28awg) cable, 25awg/signal for 148€. would love to see more 8 cores cables using this kind of wire

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #1,444 of 9,186
are B or C version single crystal silver? D version is
Both of them (B and C) are advised at FiiO site as single cristal or monocristaline as they call it.

May 14, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #1,446 of 9,186
B and C are silver PLATED copper. D is pure single crystal silver, no copper inside

Yes, my bad. Did not pay attention to cable material (assumed that material was silver plated copper too). Waiting to read impressions, then :)

May 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,447 of 9,186
Can anyone recommend inexpensive, reputable/reliable replacement cables that will support the LS200/A2DC? I don't really like the material of the stock cables or the memory wire they have. I'd much prefer a lightweight cable. Thanks!

May 14, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,448 of 9,186
Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my solution for "improving" the strain relief on my cable 125. Basically, we used Heat-shrink tubing (huge thanks goes to my friend S.). It's the best possible approach/solution IMO, so here it goes:

The size of the tube we used is 8mm (we have all kinds of sizes), and we stretched it a bit with our Long-Nose Plier, so it can pass through the jack:

We used 2 pieces, one shorter below on top of the original strain-relief, and one longer on top, just in case. It's very sturdy, and looks nice with black tube, but more importantly, it does the job, and I'm no longer worried. We measured the cable (with and without adapter) and everything is as it should be. All connections are bellow 0.1 Ohms, so no bad/broken solders on my unit. Cheers. :)

Nice tip! thanks for sharing
According to your tutorial, I just made that to my 125 too. Very pleased with the result :)

jack.jpg

Looks definitely more sturdy and feeling a bit less anxious now ^^

May 15, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,450 of 9,186
quality of wire is similar to 165. in fact, found the wire used in 165 at this shop. 165 is my fav in terms of sound.
they also have a 8 cores (28awg) cable, 25awg/signal for 148€. would love to see more 8 cores cables using this kind of wire

Hi @hakuzen , I'm in the market for a cable for my 64 Audio Quad driver custom IEM. I saw your list but since the 165 is only available with MMCX connectors, can you recommend a cable with 2-pin connectors for recessed sockets?

May 16, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #1,452 of 9,186
Hi @hakuzen , I'm in the market for a cable for my 64 Audio Quad driver custom IEM. I saw your list but since the 165 is only available with MMCX connectors, can you recommend a cable with 2-pin connectors for recessed sockets?
cable 125 is very decent, specially if you need to keep resistance low. it uses protruding 2pins plugs.

sound with 165 impressed me, despite of its resistance.
@subwoof3r found cables with similar wire (same manufacturer, taiwan, neotech? up-occ) and 2pins for recessed sockets available at a recent shop in ae.. they are 28awg (expect 300mOhm resistance, a bit high for my taste).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32999961682.html (no litz version)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1000007909452.html (litz version, even better probably, darker background) cable 170 (new) in my list (i've just ordered one).

anyway, you might wait a bit, to see if more cables using that kind of wire and 2pins plugs start to show in ae, or to take advantage of ae coupons during sales.

May 16, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #1,453 of 9,186
sound with 165 impressed me, despite of its resistance.
Question - does that cable impress You mostly with Moondrop Blessing or with all the other IEMs too (with what You can use it)?
Why I`m asking, is that I think impedance "match" with IEM impedance could be the case and with some other IEM this cable could not give so good result.

May 16, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #1,454 of 9,186
Question - does that cable impress You mostly with Moondrop Blessing or with all the other IEMs too (with what You can use it)?
Why I`m asking, is that I think impedance "match" with IEM impedance could be the case and with some other IEM this cable could not give so good result.
it impressed me with blessing. blessing impedance is constant (20Ω, dynamic driver) till near 1kHz; ~22Ω at 1kHz; it reaches 27Ω at 2.5kHz and 8kHz; and goes down to 13Ω at 20kHz.
blessing is not so critical as other iems, like, for example, kz zs5v1 (4.5Ω).
i'd wish lower cable resistance, of course (the lower, the better), but sound was so clean that i even decided to order a 28awg (thinner) litz version (cable 170).

tried tenhz p4 pro with 165, and also got impressed.. p4 never sounded so well. will keep testing 165 with other iems.

the seller of cable 170 had an 8 cores version of silver plated 7n up-occ, no litz, in his shop. but now it isn't available.
asked the seller for 8 cores version cables which use 28awg litz. he has answered they'll offer them as soon as possible.

May 16, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #1,455 of 9,186

That is a good point.

I have seen IEMs where the manufacturer specifically states that they include a cable of a certain impedance as part of the tuning.

I can’t remember an example off the top of my head though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back