Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 13, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,426 of 9,223
So i ordered the kinboofi recommended few pages back. Tho i was very close to buy this cable. Is it the same wire as 130?

SEK 857.18 41%OFF | AK Newest Kinboofi Gold 8 Core Copper Silver Plated Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For KZ TRN CCA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bMHgVwic

It was on sale and was pretty cheap with coupons. But i didn't find it in the lists so didn't dare to buy it

May 13, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #1,427 of 9,223
That’s why I don’t believe all of the claims of 7N, single crystal, pure silver, cryogenic, solid gold, rainbow pixie dust, unicorn farts, etc.
There’s no way to prove any of it.
Best to just get a cable that you like the looks of and that fits your budget.
Agree. And add some basic knowledge of physics and electrics - You can choose even more wisely or go for DIY.
I got my Fidelio X1 3.5mm TRS sockets mod installed and tried that DIY Litz wire based braided cable I posted about lately - marvelous result! SQ seems to be improved slightly with more clarity/details and tighter/cleaner bass.
Will take some time to do proper A/B with my previous DIY van damme XKE Pro-patch cable which measured about 0.4 Ohm higher, to be sure I`m not hearing placebo.
Will take some pics also soon :wink:

May 13, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #1,428 of 9,223
This cable looks extremely promising (especially for the price), what do you guys think of it ?

HTB160AiQNTpK1RjSZR0q6zEwXXa8.jpg

HTB1mtAlQMHqK1RjSZFgq6y7JXXaP.jpg

Also, I appreciate the "honestly" of the seller at the end of its page description :

"Many people ask me about 500 yuan to buy what wire is good, I strongly recommend Bandung pure single crystal copper. I don't know how deep the water is in the industry. Now Taobao is full of pure silver, pure gold, 8 cores and 16 cores, but the price is terribly low. Three or four hundred yuan can buy a so-called eight-core pure silver wire, I can tell you responsibly that these are not pure single crystal copper and silver, are poor quality wire base produced by Dongguan Wire Factory, many of these manufacturers look for us to cooperate, we refuse. Good upgrade line base must be pure, at present only Bandung has the production of single crystal copper, there is no domestic production of single crystal copper equipment, are enameled copper, oxygen-free copper overflowing, a variety of people can not be prevented. Pure line base is the foundation of a good upgrade line, which affects the sound of headphones and even the sound of the whole music system. Bandung is not necessarily the best upgrading line in the world, but it must be pure single crystal copper upgrading line. What is HIFI playing? Is it patchwork to catch up with fashion? Or piled material knitting hemp rope? None of them! HIFI is playing with exquisite, authentic authenticity, genuine pure sound."
love that honesty, and looks very good to me

So i ordered the kinboofi recommended few pages back. Tho i was very close to buy this cable. Is it the same wire as 130?

SEK 857.18 41%OFF | AK Newest Kinboofi Gold 8 Core Copper Silver Plated Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For KZ TRN CCA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bMHgVwic

It was on sale and was pretty cheap with coupons. But i didn't find it in the lists so didn't dare to buy it
got 165 for around 69 USD before may sales

May 13, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #1,429 of 9,223
love that honesty, and looks very good to me

got 165 for around 69 USD before may sales

I've ordered Nicehck mixed version (UPOCC too) for about 70€, based on previous experience with quite some <30€ cables and stock ones (I found that like more mixed ones in that price range).
Curious about how can compare more expensive (mixed) cables to only copper versions (maybe highs extend better than in cheaper ones, don't know), but my budget was done with this cable plus a couple of adapters.
In any case, both of them (Nicehck and Neotech) look fantastic.

May 13, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,430 of 9,223
I've ordered Nicehck mixed version (UPOCC too) for about 70€, based on previous experience with quite some <30€ cables and stock ones (I found that like more mixed ones in that price range).
Curious about how can compare more expensive (mixed) cables to only copper versions (maybe highs extend better than in cheaper ones, don't know), but my budget was done with this cable plus a couple of adapters.
In any case, both of them (Nicehck and Neotech) look fantastic.
This one is not the 165 I think, right?

May 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #1,431 of 9,223
This one is not the 165 I think, right?

Not sure, but connectors are the same and maybe cable too. I did not see a mixed version of Neotech to visually compare either.

May 13, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,435 of 9,223
Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my solution for "improving" the strain relief on my cable 125. Basically, we used Heat-shrink tubing (huge thanks goes to my friend S.). It's the best possible approach/solution IMO, so here it goes:

The size of the tube we used is 8mm (we have all kinds of sizes), and we stretched it a bit with our Long-Nose Plier, so it can pass through the jack:

TUT_1.jpg
TUT_2.jpg
TUT_3.jpg

mpc-hc 2019-05-14 03-28-49-437.gif

TUT_FINAL_RESULT.jpg

We used 2 pieces, one shorter below on top of the original strain-relief, and one longer on top, just in case. It's very sturdy, and looks nice with black tube, but more importantly, it does the job, and I'm no longer worried. We measured the cable (with and without adapter) and everything is as it should be. All connections are bellow 0.1 Ohms, so no bad/broken solders on my unit. Cheers. :)

May 13, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #1,436 of 9,223
But the cable i linked isn't 165 right? Looks like 130 but with different plugs. Are they better or worse then original 130?
sorry, forgot to answer that. the one from your link uses same wire than 130, 131, 132, different plugs.
you can check in my list they all show different conductivity, due to plugs, probably.
best one was 130.

May 14, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #1,437 of 9,223
Material cost for 8-core braided ~2.1m headphone cable:
1) ~17m 0.04x180 Type 1 copper Litz enveloped in polyester/silk = ~6$
2) 8x 2m transparent (PO) polyolefin shrink tube = ~7$
3) 2x Neutrik/Rean NYS231BG 3.5mm TRS jacks = ~3.5$ (for this cable purpose mono TS jacks can be had little cheaper)
4) 1x Neutrik/Rean NYS228BG 6.3mm TRS jack = ~3$

Total price = ~19,5 $ / ~17.4 €

IMHO, those connectors are very HQ and this cable measures under 100mOhm and for such total price - crazy good value! ;P
Anything ready-made (braided) to offer with such quality connectors and measurement under ~19,5 $ / ~17.4 € ?
Plus, that cable looks gorgeous and is soft/flexible (depending on braiding tightness also).

Will try to sleeve next one thinner (discovered one trick) and make also 8-core (though for IEM it might be little heavy with all that copper hanging).
4-core will also provide quite low measurement and be noticeably cheaper.
Ok, since my Fidelio X1 connectors mod takes some time, will post pic just of cable:
9940497_l.jpg

Just reminder note - each core is self-sleeved with PO shrink tube (almost soft like PVC), which to my knowing is quite rarely done with DIY cables :)
Added some pics with Fidelio X1 socket mod finished: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-philips-fidelio-x1.623013/page-397#post-14953110

Anyway, SQ is great and improved over Van Damme XKE Pro-patch classic cable. Very happy with result :)

May 14, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,438 of 9,223
I think I found one of the ultimate real Pure SIlver (Litz) cable at an affordable price (100$), it's made by FiiO (sold by the official store himself) so we can be sure it is pure silver.
Here is the link of the cable.
I think this one will be my next :)

Here is some pictures from product page :

HTB1kNUDSAvoK1RjSZFwq6AiCFXaI.jpg

HTB1WsMuSwHqK1RjSZFgq6y7JXXaq.jpg

HTB1ePMtSyrpK1RjSZFhq6xSdXXa7.jpg

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #1,439 of 9,223
I think I found one of the ultimate real Pure SIlver (Litz) cable at an affordable price (100$), it's made by FiiO (sold by the official store himself) so we can be sure it is pure silver.
Here is the link of the cable.
I think this one will be my next :)

Here is some pictures from product page :

HTB1kNUDSAvoK1RjSZFwq6AiCFXaI.jpg

HTB1WsMuSwHqK1RjSZFgq6y7JXXaq.jpg

HTB1ePMtSyrpK1RjSZFhq6xSdXXa7.jpg
this can be a real deal for single crystal silver cable. i'll get one when at sales for sure

May 14, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,440 of 9,223
This cable looks extremely promising (especially for the price), what do you guys think of it ?

HTB160AiQNTpK1RjSZR0q6zEwXXa8.jpg

HTB1mtAlQMHqK1RjSZFgq6y7JXXaP.jpg

Also, I appreciate the "honestly" of the seller at the end of its page description :

"Many people ask me about 500 yuan to buy what wire is good, I strongly recommend Bandung pure single crystal copper. I don't know how deep the water is in the industry. Now Taobao is full of pure silver, pure gold, 8 cores and 16 cores, but the price is terribly low. Three or four hundred yuan can buy a so-called eight-core pure silver wire, I can tell you responsibly that these are not pure single crystal copper and silver, are poor quality wire base produced by Dongguan Wire Factory, many of these manufacturers look for us to cooperate, we refuse. Good upgrade line base must be pure, at present only Bandung has the production of single crystal copper, there is no domestic production of single crystal copper equipment, are enameled copper, oxygen-free copper overflowing, a variety of people can not be prevented. Pure line base is the foundation of a good upgrade line, which affects the sound of headphones and even the sound of the whole music system. Bandung is not necessarily the best upgrading line in the world, but it must be pure single crystal copper upgrading line. What is HIFI playing? Is it patchwork to catch up with fashion? Or piled material knitting hemp rope? None of them! HIFI is playing with exquisite, authentic authenticity, genuine pure sound."

The marketing blurb seems more on the mark than any other cable’s description I have seen.
Certainly has my attention.

Would love @hakuzen to put it through comparison against his top current favourites.

The seller also does UPOCC Litz version at only extra $10. The description for it is different though without the same marketing blurb.

4Core Upgraded Copper Cable lizt 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Earphone Cable MMCX 2PIN
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cjgfcurA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back