Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #452 of 9,225
BGVP-6N-400-core-earphones-OCC-cable-2-5mm-3-5mm-DIY-cable-aficionados-MMCX-interchangeable.jpg

Is there a marking on the connector? Any type of marking that is not on the other side usually indicates Right.

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #455 of 9,225
Jan 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #456 of 9,225
So which cables you guys ended up getting. I ended up getting 3 sets for me.
HTB1giw9KbuWBuNjSszgq6z8jVXa2.jpg

Everyone had this cable over a $100 even on sales day but found one vendor which had them at $85. Had to do it. I have high expectations on this one simply due to what people are charging on the express.

Then I got one of these too.
HTB16z0Mdb2pK1RjSZFsq6yNlXXaL.jpg

Price is back up to $100 today but got it for $68. I got expectations of this one as well. Will most definitely report how they do.
Also got a pure copper OCC from NiceHCK which ended up costing $45 for me
HTB1W9JrXzvuK1Rjy0Faq6x2aVXap.jpg

@Dsnuts
I also bought the cable with the two-tone mmcx connectors(2nd pic) from 11.11, mind sharing your feedback about them? Haven’t heard mine yet.
Btw, does iem cable burn-in make any difference?

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #458 of 9,225
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #460 of 9,225
Your getting your monies worth and I like the cable especially on sale. Sonically it is excellent for BA earphones and is made well but the cable is a bit on the stiff side but not terrible. Not as pliable as some of the others I have posted. It sounds great with multi BA earphones.

It synergizes well with both my IT04 and the 12BA earphones. Cable is well made with solid connectors. Don't know which earphone you are planning to use it with but it is a good pure copper cable.It fit a bit loose on one of my earphones but I managed to get use out of it. It is a good buy for certain. I believe it is on sale right now for $68.

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #462 of 9,225
From my post in Solaris thread

I got this Lunashop silver cable from @Dsnuts recommendation and...this thing literally doesn't work, as in there no sound coming out from one side of it...

I'm not sure if I will even bother sending it back to China. The cable does look nice though, and supple too.

Just left it here for anyone who considering buying it. I mean I doubt this happen on all of their cable but still...

On closer inspection there actually a sound coming out from it but the volume is just really really low (like 10 on one side and 1 on other) anyone got any idea what might be wrong with it?

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #463 of 9,225

On closer inspection there actually a sound coming out from it but the volume is just really really low (like 10 on one side and 1 on other) anyone got any idea what might be wrong with it?
bad (cold or near broken) solder, probably at jack. try to move a bit the cable near the mmcx plugs, and near the jack, so you can locate where is the bad solder.
then, you can try to take the plug/jack apart, if possible, re-solder and re-protect (if it's the jack). or you can ask to the seller for a total refund (by sending back the cable) or for a partial refund while keeping the cable (if you can solder it). be ready to make a video with a microphone, to state the huge level difference between sides.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #464 of 9,225

Sorry to read about your experience. In this case I would actually contact Lunashops. See what they have to say. Even if you have to spend a bit to return the cable, that cable will be worth your efforts. I have never had any issue with any of the Lunashops cables I have bought, 5 different cables total. In this case a defective cable is a defective cable. Even if you got it repaired locally your gonna have to spend probably even more to fix it so spending a bit on shipping to send it back kinda sucks but in the end what that cable does for your Solaris will be worth it.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #465 of 9,225
I have returned an earphone back to China at one point for a connector repair and it only cost me less than $15 using my local USPS. Look at it this way. You have any idea how much a pure silver cable cost from the boutique shops? Or anything comparable? Alos pure silver litz is $250.

The wait times is what really sucks however.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back