1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. Misson07
    20190115_220641.jpg
    I think you might be right on this. I was just messing with the cable near the jack and it work normally for a sec when I pinch and bend them in some angle before the sound got cut off again. I think I should try to get it fixed myself as I really don't want to waste time sending it back and forth. Would be nice if I can get a partial refund though. Usually In a case like this, would re-solder the jack with the end of cable enough to fix it or do I need to tear the cable itself apart? because if it the latter it would get much more messy.

yeah i think I like the look and sq of it though I can't really tell much with just one side working lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    hakuzen likes this.
  2. Dsnuts Contributor
    Got mine in balanced. Currently using it on my Andromeda S. Best version of the Andromeda S I have heard to date using that cable.

3. fokta
    Rp 1,919,420.80 56%OFF | OKCSC The AWESOME Plug MMCX Interface Upgrade Cables 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.4mm Balance Jack Pure Silver OCC Gold Plated DIY HiFi Tools
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bFv63HlW

This still grind my gear....
    SmartSelect_20190116-064154_AliExpress.jpg
    the multi plug looks more solid than the Luna

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    hakuzen and Misson07 like this.
  4. kaushama
  5. hakuzen
    maybe you can re-sold only the damaged solder (two wires), using the existent tin (or perhaps adding a bit); if not possible, you'll have to clean, cut and redo all them. i'm not an expert at all.

yep, the plugs look like they will less stress the sockets.. but the wire used is far worse than the luna's. the luna's wire together with these plugs would be great.

cable 1 is interesting. you might can find the type of wire used (i think i saw it somewhere, papri maybe, acrolink wire), so i can estimate its resistance.
    cable 2. neotech upocc wire is very well reputed (i use it for some diy interconnects), but very expensive, hence the price of that cable. but 26awg is thin, it's the minimum thickness per signal (equal to the thickness of 1 core, in the case of 4 cores cable) i'd consider. so conductivity won't be stellar. around 180-200mΩ. it looks like a well built cable, and appealing.
    cable 3. not neotech, but probably good quality wire as well. 24awg, around 125mΩ. looks well built and nice looking.
    cable 4. cable 131 in my list.

6. Misson07
    The cable work normally now. Just re-solder isn't enough and I have to cut the part that was the problem and then connect with the jack from there.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. fokta
    Noted...
    Yeah... can't have the best of both....

Wow.. U did it ur self?? Nice....
    don't forget the impression vs stock

Misson07 likes this.
  8. hakuzen
    wow! glad you managed to fix it at your own and it's working now. well done.

Kenneth Galang and Misson07 like this.
  9. arielext
    Had to wait about 2 months for it but today I received the NICEHCK MMCX/2Pin Connector 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced 8 Core 6N GC-OCC and they are the best cable I got from Ali by far. The BGVP cable is OK but stiffer and has an overall less premium feel to it.
    Both cables are good and better than most of the stock cables. If you are searching for a higher end chifi cable: put these on your shortlist!

Misson07 likes this.
  10. assassin10000
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  11. arielext
    toneking t88k + nicehck OCC cable + symbio-w.jpg
    My new set: Toneking T88K and the nicehck OCC cable: a lovely combination.

12. Misson07
    Never heard of that IEM but it looks beautiful. How does it sound?

And why did you have to wait 2 months for that cable? Was it a shipping problem?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  13. arielext
    Shipping issues with black Friday and Christmas. Was in the Netherlands since December. Worth the wait though.

The tonekings are very good, but its to soon for a proper review. Coming from nicehck m6 I do hear that the tonekings have better detail and are more resolving.

Misson07 likes this.
  14. superuser1
    I agree ... they are exceptional but with a linear sounding bass and sub bass.

hakuzen likes this.
  15. arielext
    Do you have experience with the BGVP OCC cable? If I have any complaint about my current set-up it might be that it is a tad bass-lean. If you don't have experience with that cable I will compare them myself this weekend.

First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last