1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. AvijitSingh
    I'd also take a ultra short as well, its just a time and money thing. thats the one thing I do like about fiio, it is relatively affordable and easily accessible, those ultra short adaptors must be really annoying to make too, I really like the idea of a female 4 pin mini xlr to whatever adaptor set up, maybe get that as my next cable when I find one I like.

I took a chance and ordered the satin audio cables so if anyone is interested in hopefully a week to 10 days i will have them and can post some impressions/pictures and compare to the fiio and alo litz cable, just in terms of feel and and ergonomics ill hold off on saying anything about the sound unless i notice something signiifcant.

Eddie C and hakuzen like this.
  2. Slater
    Anyone know anything about the 16-braid cables I’ve been seeing popping up for ~$30?

Obviously, the individual wires will have thinner gauge than a similar 8-braid cable. I’m more interested in knowing how bulky there are, how soft the wire feels, impedance, quality of the mmcx connectors, etc.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  3. Otto Motor
    I measured the M6 with 5 different cables: stock, Tinaudio T2, $8 copper NiceHCK, $7 silver from another third party, and the silver cable that came with the NiceHCK EP35. No difference found (within error; the wiggles above 7 kHz are unreliable).

M6 5 cables 1.jpg

4. AvijitSingh
    I was wondering would a csd or impulse graph also show the exact same results. Freq resp Graphs rarely show anything different yet people still find some cables to make a difference.
    I am still skeptical myself but I thought it would interesting to see what different measurement types show

5. scottanz
    I never believed that cables make any difference to a sound till I tried the NiceHCK 8 core copper cable and can definitely hear a big difference in the bass.
    However I wouldn't attribute it to the cable material making a difference, the NiceHCK cable is thick and heavy which I believe affected the angle of the nozzles pointing to my ears or because of the stiffer ear hooks affected the pressure against my ear canals.

I experienced it with my Ostry KC09, which are dynamic drivers and are not as affected by impedence.
    When I swapped the stock lightweight cable with a similar lightweight cable (Tinaudio T2) I couldn't hear any difference at all.

6. Slater
    Are HiFiHear cables decent? I’ve never heard of this brand...

They have some really nice looking cables for pretty tempting prices.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. Dsnuts Contributor
    I believe it is the same brand as Yinyoo but in the Japanese market. They seem to be all made from the same OEM. Very similar cables they sell vs what is on the NiceHCK site. I do notice NiceHCK charges more for their versions however.

Oh by the way I got some information on the next big sales for Aliexpress. It will be 3/28/2019.

Still don't have all my cables yet from 11.11. Just amazing how long it is taking.

8. Slater
    OK, thanks for the info. I was unaware they were affiliated with the banned seller :frowning2:

9. AvijitSingh

i mean the other option is 35-50 in shipping

10. hakuzen
    i got three 16 cores cables. numbers 055 and 110 in my list. total thickness of the wire is approximately the same than average 8 cores cables. they are a bit softer and more flexible than 8 cores (although most 8 cores cables are enough soft, imo).
    about conductivity, comparing cable 055 to its 8 cores sibling (050), you get only about 12-15% more conductivity. so price should be +25% (maximum) of its 8 cores sibling, not 200%.

11. Slater
    Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

I imagine the additional markup is due to labor, as managing the separation, organization, and soldering of 16 wires is tedious.

12. Otto Motor
    No impulse graph yet as I am not yet so deep into the topic. That's why I just reported the observations (matching graphs) and no interpretations. But from what I read is that some people hear differences between cables, although most say they are subtle.

13. TooPoorForHiFi
    Hello, Could someone recommend a Budget (under / around $35 USD) 2.5mm Balance OFC Silver coated cable that Doesn't have the Ear Hooks?

Thanks!

Sold From Amazon preferred since I have Prime.

14. HungryPanda
    NiceHCK have a few nice cables in your price range

15. maxxevv
    https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Yi...38&sr=8-21&keywords=2.5mm+TRRS+earphone+cable

These are probably the only options on Amazon. But I have no idea how they measure though. Maybe @hakuzen can chime in.

NiceHCK have great cables at very good value price points. Unfortunately , they are not on Amazon though.

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last