Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #316 of 9,163
I'd also take a ultra short as well, its just a time and money thing. thats the one thing I do like about fiio, it is relatively affordable and easily accessible, those ultra short adaptors must be really annoying to make too, I really like the idea of a female 4 pin mini xlr to whatever adaptor set up, maybe get that as my next cable when I find one I like.

I took a chance and ordered the satin audio cables so if anyone is interested in hopefully a week to 10 days i will have them and can post some impressions/pictures and compare to the fiio and alo litz cable, just in terms of feel and and ergonomics ill hold off on saying anything about the sound unless i notice something signiifcant.

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #317 of 9,163
Anyone know anything about the 16-braid cables I’ve been seeing popping up for ~$30?

Obviously, the individual wires will have thinner gauge than a similar 8-braid cable. I’m more interested in knowing how bulky there are, how soft the wire feels, impedance, quality of the mmcx connectors, etc.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #318 of 9,163
I measured the M6 with 5 different cables: stock, Tinaudio T2, $8 copper NiceHCK, $7 silver from another third party, and the silver cable that came with the NiceHCK EP35. No difference found (within error; the wiggles above 7 kHz are unreliable).

M6 5 cables 1.jpg

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #319 of 9,163
I measured the M6 with 5 different cables: stock, Tinaudio T2, $8 copper NiceHCK, $7 silver from another third party, and the silver cable that came with the NiceHCK EP35. No difference found (within error; the wiggles above 7 kHz are unreliable).

I was wondering would a csd or impulse graph also show the exact same results. Freq resp Graphs rarely show anything different yet people still find some cables to make a difference.
I am still skeptical myself but I thought it would interesting to see what different measurement types show

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #320 of 9,163
I was wondering would a csd or impulse graph also show the exact same results. Freq resp Graphs rarely show anything different yet people still find some cables to make a difference.
I am still skeptical myself but I thought it would interesting to see what different measurement types show
I never believed that cables make any difference to a sound till I tried the NiceHCK 8 core copper cable and can definitely hear a big difference in the bass.
However I wouldn't attribute it to the cable material making a difference, the NiceHCK cable is thick and heavy which I believe affected the angle of the nozzles pointing to my ears or because of the stiffer ear hooks affected the pressure against my ear canals.

I experienced it with my Ostry KC09, which are dynamic drivers and are not as affected by impedence.
When I swapped the stock lightweight cable with a similar lightweight cable (Tinaudio T2) I couldn't hear any difference at all.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #322 of 9,163
I believe it is the same brand as **** but in the Japanese market. They seem to be all made from the same OEM. Very similar cables they sell vs what is on the NiceHCK site. I do notice NiceHCK charges more for their versions however.

Oh by the way I got some information on the next big sales for Aliexpress. It will be 3/28/2019.

Still don't have all my cables yet from 11.11. Just amazing how long it is taking.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #323 of 9,163
I believe it is the same brand as **** but in the Japanese market. They seem to be all made from the same OEM. Very similar cables they sell vs what is on the NiceHCK site. I do notice NiceHCK charges more for their versions however.

Oh by the way I got some information on the next big sales for Aliexpress. It will be 3/28/2019.

Still don't have all my cables yet from 11.11. Just amazing how long it is taking.

OK, thanks for the info. I was unaware they were affiliated with the banned seller :frowning2:

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #324 of 9,163

i mean the other option is 35-50 in shipping

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #325 of 9,163
Anyone know anything about the 16-braid cables I’ve been seeing popping up for ~$30?

Obviously, the individual wires will have thinner gauge than a similar 8-braid cable. I’m more interested in knowing how bulky there are, how soft the wire feels, impedance, quality of the mmcx connectors, etc.
i got three 16 cores cables. numbers 055 and 110 in my list. total thickness of the wire is approximately the same than average 8 cores cables. they are a bit softer and more flexible than 8 cores (although most 8 cores cables are enough soft, imo).
about conductivity, comparing cable 055 to its 8 cores sibling (050), you get only about 12-15% more conductivity. so price should be +25% (maximum) of its 8 cores sibling, not 200%.

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #326 of 9,163
i got three 16 cores cables. numbers 055 and 110 in my list. total thickness of the wire is approximately the same than average 8 cores cables. they are a bit softer and more flexible than 8 cores (although most 8 cores cables are enough soft, imo).
about conductivity, comparing cable 055 to its 8 cores sibling (050), you get only about 12-15% more conductivity. so price should be +25% (maximum) of its 8 cores sibling, not 200%.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

I imagine the additional markup is due to labor, as managing the separation, organization, and soldering of 16 wires is tedious.

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #327 of 9,163
No impulse graph yet as I am not yet so deep into the topic. That's why I just reported the observations (matching graphs) and no interpretations. But from what I read is that some people hear differences between cables, although most say they are subtle.

Dec 15, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #330 of 9,163
Hello, Could someone recommend a Budget (under / around $35 USD) 2.5mm Balance OFC Silver coated cable that Doesn't have the Ear Hooks?

Thanks!

Sold From Amazon preferred since I have Prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-**...38&sr=8-21&keywords=2.5mm+TRRS+earphone+cable

These are probably the only options on Amazon. But I have no idea how they measure though. Maybe @hakuzen can chime in.

NiceHCK have a few nice cables in your price range

NiceHCK have great cables at very good value price points. Unfortunately , they are not on Amazon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back