1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last
  1. CactusPete23
    FYI... Looked at the Satin Audio Website: English and Vietnamese pages. For some reason I have some difficulty finding items... They have some nice stuff.
    - Finially I found the "Satin Audio Aurora LITE" cables @ $47. https://satinaudio.com/en/product/satin-audio-aurora-lite Look to be 2.5mm balanced with .78 2 pin connectors. But don't see any of that in writing... Just from pictures. Don't see cable length mentioned. For Other cables (And more expensive ones) one can specify MMCX and a whole range of earphone conectors, and jacks.
    - Found they also have a Facebook Page, but it's in Vietnamese... https://www.facebook.com/SatinAudio/ Have to google translate...
    - Does the seller understand and reply well to English messages ?
    - Would be interesting to see resistance measurements when you get yours !

2. TooPoorForHiFi
    $60 Shipping to US, Ouch.

CactusPete23 likes this.
  3. AvijitSingh
    @CactusPete23 @MidNighTempest. Ya shipping is expensive he mentioned to me shipping would be $40, He does understand english and does respond in english on Facebook which is where i have been contacting him. The English version of the site is in development. But as i mentioned previously the price of 2 of those cables is cheaper then one from ALO EA and PW esp the PW No.5 which is popular at 200 usd. the lite is 30AWG and and the non-lite is 26awg. Impedance as mentioned by the owner for the lite is .3ohm I am waiting on a reply on the non-lite,

I did have a qualifier when i made my post stating it was not cheap and that shipping was 40usd.

I still really like the new fiio cables the 8core is 1Ohm, not sure about the 4core one. Unfortunate that do not carry 2pin versions.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    hakuzen likes this.
  4. hakuzen
    most of their cables state 26AVG cores. for those cables, if that truly means 26avg/core, expect around 180mΩ for 4 cores, and 100mΩ for 8 cores (23awg).
    aurora, auphire, and shapphire lite, don't specify core awg, they are 4 cores, and you can't choose terminations.
    chimera, griffith, and kraken are 8 cores 26awg/core. ~100mΩ
    medusa (pure silver) and aurora (for headphones) are 4 cores 26awg/core. ~180mΩ
    maybe you can contact to use a cheaper shipping carrier. if don't, it'll be worth it if you are buying a few cables, or the expensive ones. i like griffith and kraken.

5. hakuzen
    30awg could be higher than 300mΩ (more of 400mΩ). a bit thin.
    fiio 8c is 1Ω (way high) or 0.1Ω?

6. AvijitSingh

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 11.43.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 11.44.15 PM.png

I hope this is still in the spirit of the thread @Dsnuts

7. hakuzen
    i can't see the 30% off for Monster series cables. is that discount already applied? or maybe we need to use a coupon code?
    griffin (pure occ type 4 copper) is marked $149. if 30%off, it matches the $110 he told you.

8. AvijitSingh
    @hakuzen the english website is in development a lot of cable options are unavailable you need to access the Vietnamese version and you will see the cable options and termination options

hakuzen likes this.
  9. AvijitSingh
    Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 1.14.57 AM.png
    ?

10. hakuzen
    all right. now i see all available options and discounted prices.
    4 cores cable, ~180mΩ, is ok. if you choose 8 cores option, to get ~100mΩ, price is increased ~60%.
    it's nice to get a site where you can choose a lot of terminations, length, cores, etc., uses high quality wire, solders and other components, and prices are lower than reputable known brands.
    but their cables i'm interested of, are out of my budget now (i've already spent too much in cables).
    that's like saying they don't know.
    following the info of fiio cables (19 strands per core), it could be one of these:
    0.08mm*19(27awg)*8c [2c/signal:24AWG] ~130mΩ
    0.05mm*19*8c [2c/signal:28AWG] ~300mΩ

Edit: found the info.
    LC-C series: 0.08mm*19(27awg)*8c [2c/signal:24AWG] ~130mΩ. good.
    LC-B series: 0.05mm*24*4c. not good. i even don't calculate ohms for that wire section, it could be near 1Ω; this could explain fiio's answer.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  11. ddmt
    (140) hck 6n gc-occ 8c (brown,M).....................................293 298 292 302

Well, is not that good then? I should receive mine in a week.

12. AvijitSingh
    i think the LC-B is 4 core

13. Dsnuts Contributor
    superuser1, thejoker13 and hakuzen like this.
  14. hakuzen
    i haven't listened to them yet. expect good quality, but i prefer resistance below 200mΩ (26awg). this cable is too thin for me.

yes, sorry, typo. corrected, thanks. if it was 8 cores, it would be similar than LC-C, and it isn't.

this is made with the wire of cable 130 in my list.
    i think it's not a pure silver cable, gold plated.
    after reading description of the nicehck cable which uses this wire (it says silver plated copper), and the description of the wire in lunashops, now i interpret it's OCC copper , pure silver & gold plated. so spc.

15. Dsnuts Contributor
    By the way this is the same cable HBB has on his vids of the DM6 and Whizzer earphones. If you look up that video on YouTube.

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last