Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 19, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,626 of 9,228
back from a travel..

Which would you guys choose to go with a gold CCA 12...

or this one...
Probably the KZ because the type c connector will sit flush.
I agree, quality of wire and plugs is probably similar, so get the one which allows qdc/zsn/C-type plug option.

I am in need of help from this knowledgeable community! So, I just got my ZSX in and im mostly loving it. However im having a cable problem. The gold/silver 8 core upgrade cable ive been using all along with my ZS10 Pro's actually feels really uncomfortable combined with the different shape of the ZSX. With the way the earhooks are molded, it actually forces the ZSX out of the position i found to be the most comfortable in my ears, and decreases the quality of the seal too. At first i thought it was the ZSX themselves, but nope. Its the cable. Ive been thinking of picking up something a little nicer anyway, and here's when i really need the help of this knowledgeable community!
I've been shown these a few times by members on here and am considering getting them
FENGRU DIY JCALLY Gold JC16 6N OFC 16 Shares 480 Cores Earphone Upgrade Cable for Shure SE215 IE80 KZ ZST ZSN ZS10 Pro TFZ TRN
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LCpX0spi but i need to know the dimensions of the plug on it.
The case I'm using to cover my S10+, while providing excellent comfort and protection, has a very narrow channel covering the jack. This has been a major pain in the neck for me since I got into the Chifi hobby. This kz upgrade cable is literally the only one I own that fits!
Ive taken some measurements. The plug on the upgrade cable is 8mm in diameter and 19mm long. And that fits like a glove. I had purchased a TRN T2 16 core cable recently and unfortunately it doesn't fit and i dont feel like paying to send it back to China lol. The plug on that cable is 9mm wide and 16mm long and is too wide and short to fit! That tiny bit of difference made it unusable. So I figured I'd ask if anyone owns this JCALLY cable and happens to know the dimensions of the plug, that would be a big help to me and I'd really appreciate it ! I really don't wanna order another cable I can't use with my phone!

Also if anyone has any other recommendations for nice cables (preferably under $30) that have a plug size that's the same, I'd be interested in checking some others out too.
Thanks in advance!
For ZSX comfort, you could re-mold the ear guides using a heat gun or hair drier, to achieve your desired position, or even remove them carefully.

To fit the case you are using, you can sand off the bevel of the jack until it is 8mm: insert the jack into the mouth of your drill, as if it was a drill bit, and roll it over a sand paper (sanding 0.5mm shouldn't be hard). This way the jack will pass entirely through the hole, and length will be enough probably.
If you want a clear wire and plugs upgrade, I guess this cable is quite better than TRN or JCALLY, but it's $40:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html
HTB1dStraxD1gK0jSZFyq6AiOVXap.jpg

You could ask the seller to use QDC termination, with or without molded ear guides:
Hd293ce8314b445b096de1679f0230cf2q.jpg

So just to follow up on this cable.

I am using Alclair Studio 4 IEMs right now, which are not particularly cable-sensitive. For example, a 4 core Forza Audioworks Hybrid and 8 core Gu.Craftsman 6N OCC Copper are sonically indistinguishable, which is unusual- the Forza is typically much more direct, and the Gu.Craftsman is generally noticeably more "reference," clean and extended.

However

For whatever reason the synergy is just there with the ElectroAcousti silver strand cable. Man, it is big, bold, wide and all kinds of spacious. I don't know how to explain the difference, but it is there between the other two very, very good cables and the EA. I can't wait to hear the difference on a set which IS very cable sensitive (Fearless Roland), but for now I'm switching back to the Forza, since the Alclairs are my studio and stage monitors, and a gigantic jewelry grade python isn't exactly subtle.

One other thing about the EA silver strand cable. I've not experienced this with the other EA wire, but I'll be looking for it in the SPC cable arriving tomorrow. Bass impact is less hollow-sounding than the typical BA hit. There's a bloomier decay with the EA cable that's far more DD like than usual. I wouldn't call it a drastic change, but subtleties have a way of adding up to larger differences, and paired with better treble extension, the EA cable just sounds "more" than the others on this normally cable-agnostic set.
Just wow.

Amazing one! True jewelry. I lost the track of your collection.. which wires are these?

Yea, synergy with your IEM is very important. With the pure silver UP-OCC wires, I also notice more textured and detailed bass. I wouldn't say boomer, because I perceive lower sub-bass rumble, less loose, more detailed.
Thanks for your impressions, please keep on posting them, because you own almost all UP-OCC types of wire. I know it isn't easy, but this info is gold for those doubting between copper, SPC, copper+SPC, silver, copper+silver[+SPC], etc.

Just got my cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html

awesome sound quality, the cable itself is a bit on the soft side(too soft for my taste) and thin ( would want a 8 core version of this, this is 4 core).

The only real bad thing is that the chinslider doesnt work at all, like If you hold the cable up the slider goes down and if you hold the cable upside down the cable goes up. ( I do not use chinsliders so it doesnt matter to me)

Sidenote I asked the seller to change to these plugs instead: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007390678.html (the plugs are the same as the default only the material is metal instead of plastic, judging by the pictures at least)
And these plugs do not fit entirely on my KXXS sadly.( still works but sticks up a bit)
Glad you got it at last. They are usually taking less than 10 days to Spain (using Aliexpress Standard shipping).
I use (standard) protruding with blessing (guess they have same kind of recessed sockets than KXXS). Although it sticks a bit, the connection is firm and secure (better than flush terminations).
Maybe type G termination in the pic above (plastic angled less protruding 0.78mm pins) could fit KXXS even better. Or file the shoulders a bit (I don't use to do this).
Yeah, chin slider holes (3mm) are a bit wide for 4 cores cables. I use them, so ended adding extra chin sliders, silicone o-ring usually, or plastic chin sliders (cut to insert the wires, and then adhesive tape around to keep them inside):
170_01_strain_chin.jpg chin_sliders_01_det.jpg

I am loving the combination of the 24k electroacoustic cable and the LZ A6. The stock cable that comes with the A6 is very good in itself, so I'm not noticing drastic changes with my new cable, other than a blacker background and better ergonomics. The new cable is by far my favorite that I own now and I highly recommend it!
Yay, anxious to know more about this wire. The cable is really pretty. I think I'm going to order it, but I don't know if I should mix the 24k gold electroplated with copper.
@hakuzen Bro, is cable 175 still your favourite? Might be interested in buying it since I liked their budget one. :grin:

edit: And do you prefer carbon fiber or sandalwood for the connector and "divider" (not sure if its called divider but thats what it is listed as) and what about Rhodium-plated plugs vs normal plugs?

edit2: Can I ask the seller to make the cables with earhooks?
Yes, cable 175 is my favorite, but it depends of synergies: 175 is the most versatile in my list (177 is the second), but might prefer 174 if I pretend to perceive tighter bass, or 171 if paired with very bright IEMs.
I have to try 24k gold plated silver though. Guess I won't get so great highs compared to silver (AgAu) wire, but expect different (and possibly better) lows. I won't know it till I try, I should try only gold plated silver (no mix) before, to compare with the other wires properly.

I prefer sandal wood finish slightly, it's more exclusive and original, and the core of the jack is the same. But not much distance (check last cable from @warriorpoet ), and if I plan to use a custom adapter (only fiber carbon socket available now), I'd go for carbon fiber.

Yes, you can ask your cable with or without molded ear guides.

@hakuzen Does Electro acousti Store have a sale on 11/11?
I don't know. It didn't offer any discount on previous AE sales, so I wouldn't expect it to be different on 11/11 (other than AE coupons -not "select" coupons-).

my cable is 0.78 mm 2 pin so cant lol
If you get a more expensive cable, consider purchasing a MMCX to 2 pins adapter.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #2,627 of 9,228
back from a travel..

I agree, quality of wire and plugs is probably similar, so get the one which allows qdc/zsn/C-type plug option.

For ZSX comfort, you could re-mold the ear guides using a heat gun or hair drier, to achieve your desired position, or even remove them carefully.

To fit the case you are using, you can sand off the bevel of the jack until it is 8mm: insert the jack into the mouth of your drill, as if it was a drill bit, and roll it over a sand paper (sanding 0.5mm shouldn't be hard). This way the jack will pass entirely through the hole, and length will be enough probably.
If you want a clear wire and plugs upgrade, I guess this cable is quite better than TRN or JCALLY, but it's $40:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html
HTB1dStraxD1gK0jSZFyq6AiOVXap.jpg

You could ask the seller to use QDC termination, with or without molded ear guides:
Hd293ce8314b445b096de1679f0230cf2q.jpg

Amazing one! True jewelry. I lost the track of your collection.. which wires are these?

Yea, synergy with your IEM is very important. With the pure silver UP-OCC wires, I also notice more textured and detailed bass. I wouldn't say boomer, because I perceive lower sub-bass rumble, less loose, more detailed.
Thanks for your impressions, please keep on posting them, because you own almost all UP-OCC types of wire. I know it isn't easy, but this info is gold for those doubting between copper, SPC, copper+SPC, silver, copper+silver[+SPC], etc.

Glad you got it at last. They are usually taking less than 10 days to Spain (using Aliexpress Standard shipping).
I use (standard) protruding with blessing (guess they have same kind of recessed sockets than KXXS). Although it sticks a bit, the connection is firm and secure (better than flush terminations).
Maybe type G termination in the pic above (plastic angled less protruding 0.78mm pins) could fit KXXS even better. Or file the shoulders a bit (I don't use to do this).
Yeah, chin slider holes (3mm) are a bit wide for 4 cores cables. I use them, so ended adding extra chin sliders, silicone o-ring usually, or plastic chin sliders (cut to insert the wires, and then adhesive tape around to keep them inside):

Yay, anxious to know more about this wire. The cable is really pretty. I think I'm going to order it, but I don't know if I should mix the 24k gold electroplated with copper.

Yes, cable 175 is my favorite, but it depends of synergies: 175 is the most versatile in my list (177 is the second), but might prefer 174 if I pretend to perceive tighter bass, or 171 if paired with very bright IEMs.
I have to try 24k gold plated silver though. Guess I won't get so great highs compared to silver (AgAu) wire, but expect different (and possibly better) lows. I won't know it till I try, I should try only gold plated silver (no mix) before, to compare with the other wires properly.

I prefer sandal wood finish slightly, it's more exclusive and original, and the core of the jack is the same. But not much distance (check last cable from @warriorpoet ), and if I plan to use a custom adapter (only fiber carbon socket available now), I'd go for carbon fiber.

Yes, you can ask your cable with or without molded ear guides.

I don't know. It didn't offer any discount on previous AE sales, so I wouldn't expect it to be different on 11/11 (other than AE coupons -not "select" coupons-).

If you get a more expensive cable, consider purchasing a MMCX to 2 pins adapter.
Do you know some good mmcx/2 pin adapters???

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #2,628 of 9,228
Do you know some good mmcx/2 pin adapters???
The best (and cheapest) I found are these: (shortest straight, angled short, angled long)
taVar_02.jpg

Got them at taobao (various sellers, you can find them at linsoul DD-Store in aliexpress as well, but price is prohibitive there).

There are other models at aliexpress (around $30), Lunashops, and Penon.

I should add all them in a new list (with pics and links), like I did with 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, but I need some time to do it (soon..).

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #2,629 of 9,228
The best (and cheapest) I found are these: (shortest straight, angled short, angled long)

Got them at taobao (various sellers, you can find them at linsoul DD-Store in aliexpress as well, but price is prohibitive there).

There are other models at aliexpress (around $30), and Penon.

I should add all them in a new list (with pics and links), like I did with 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, but I need some time to do it (soon..).
Great, thanks a lot.

Also, would you say that cable 170 is on the "warm" side??? if not, can you please recommend one for Audiosense T800.

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2,630 of 9,228
Great, thanks a lot.

Also, would you say that cable 170 is on the "warm" side??? if not, can you please recommend one for Audiosense T800.
Cable 170 (frozen up-occ copper litz) is warmer than silver and silver plated copper up-occ wires, but colder than usual chinese copper wires.
I don't own T800, but guess 170 (or 171, 8 cores version, lower resistance) should pair very well.

After watching T800 frequency response and impedance curve (https://m.blog.naver.com/gre_nada/221642426112), I'd say you need a source with very low output impedance (below 1 ohm, after adding cable resistance), and low resistance cable. If don't, you'll get harsher highs. T800 is 4 ohms! at 1kHz, and reaches 18 ohms at 20kHz. And sub-bass and bass are louder enough.
Given this info, I'd focus on ensuring very low output impedance (source + cable), ensuring a good seal, and maybe trying foam tips (will tame 8-12kHz peaks).
So I wouldn't discard hybrid cables. I think you'd preserve superb highs of T800, by using cable 175 (and mids would be benefited as well). 177 would also be ok. And 171. But go for 8 cores versions of these cables, once you have a source with very low output impedance, to keep the impedance the lowest possible.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #2,631 of 9,228
Hi there!

And first of all a big THANKS! to Hakuzen for this impressiv thread that really helps to find a good cable.
Actually made me aware that there are huge differences in Quality.

So i wanted something nice for my new Tin P1 and it ended in the question "175 or 174" :wink:
I got both the P1 and the Electro Acousti 8 core pure silver cable "174" today.

-Build quality is amazing but i am not sure if pure silver was the right decission.
The headphones need some burning and i am not sure if there is a strong difference between some 16core copper i also got and this right now.
-i Need to do some Testing and actually the headphone will work on the E1DA PowerDACv2 and 9038S G2.
-i can EQ the hell out of the headphone on the PowerDACv2 with bluetooth smartphone app but first lets see how it sounds in some days after some pink noise waterboarding :wink:

price seems highon Paper first... but as you mentionend Hakuzen.. youll get a very good craftet product that uses excellent components.
SO this thread made me a litle poorer but happy :wink:)

I just hope 174 will work great .. i listen to a lot of electronic music like the orb, matthey herbert and stuff thats not so bass heavy.. also NuJazz, Classical Game Soundtracks.. and so on.
Otherwise ill have to try and refund for 175 ot the silver/gold one.

Best regards Daniel!

P1_0001.jpg

P1_0000.jpg
Thanks for your appreciation, Daniel, and welcome!

About look, I couldn't find a better appearance with other cable. The combo is impressive.

About sound, you'll notice night and day difference with your 16 cores copper wire, for sure. This is another league.
Got the best mids and highs ever with this wire. The deepest stage, blackest background. Thanks to this, perception of layering, separation and detail is unbelievable.
Lows are the tightest, but impactful and very detailed.
Due to the neutral or bright character of most of my phones, I mixed it with copper (cable 175), to get some sub-bass rumble when listening to EDM.
I don't know how P1 sounds (I should search for their frequency response to get an idea), so I don't know which one (174 or 175) would pair better.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #2,632 of 9,228
Cable 170 (frozen up-occ copper litz) is warmer than silver and silver plated copper up-occ wires, but colder than usual chinese copper wires.
I don't own T800, but guess 170 (or 171, 8 cores version, lower resistance) should pair very well.

After watching T800 frequency response and impedance curve (https://m.blog.naver.com/gre_nada/221642426112), I'd say you need a source with very low output impedance (below 1 ohm, after adding cable resistance), and low resistance cable. If don't, you'll get harsher highs. T800 is 4 ohms! at 1kHz, and reaches 18 ohms at 20kHz. And sub-bass and bass are louder enough.
Given this info, I'd focus on ensuring very low output impedance (source + cable), ensuring a good seal, and maybe trying foam tips (will tame 8-12kHz peaks).
So I wouldn't discard hybrid cables. I think you'd preserve superb highs of T800, by using cable 175 (and mids would be benefited as well). 177 would also be ok. And 171. But go for 8 cores versions of these cables, once you have a source with very low output impedance, to keep the impedance the lowest possible.
Always so helpful, thanks so much for all this information

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #2,633 of 9,228
Reference: Forza Hybrid IEM

20190903_220552.jpg

"High purity, 4 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper + UPOCC silver in semi-Litz geometry and PE insulation (no more green copper oxide on your wire!). Blend of the best materials available for superior sound experience and ergonomics."

Positives: Clean, clear audio transmission, extended highs and impactful lows. Exceedingly durable build, super comfortable and practical appointments.

Negatives: Can be a little stiff, slight memory effect.

Audio: Slight emphasis on the higher mids can feel unnatural on certain IEMs, can be used to flatten or balance V-shaped or overly warm IEMs. On flat or mid-centric IEMs, the Forza can bring the vocals a bit too close and compress the soundstage.

Electro Acousti

20190916_1713552.jpg

Neotech Cryo 7N UP-OCC SPC Litz with clear and blue insulation. 4 core 28AWG, Eagle Rhodium plug, DIY P-3 O ring slider

Positives: Clear and detailed, revealing tonality throughout the spectrum, exceptionally clean. Striking aesthetic and superb flexibility- nearly weightless. Perfectly sized 2 pin plugs, carefully built and precisely cut flexible heat shrink ear hooks and strain reliefs.

Negatives: Though beautiful, the Y splitter is a little large for this fine gauge wire.

Audio: Bright and revealing cable with exceptional sub-bass extension and treble presence. Detailed presentation can come across as fatiguing, emphasizes extremes of V-shaped IEMs, augments and compliments flat or mid-centric IEMs.

20190906_174223_HDR.jpg

Neotech Cryo 7N UP-OCC Copper/ SPC Litz. 8 core 28AWG, Eagle Rhodium plug.

Positives: Clear and detailed, balanced tonality throughout the spectrum, exceptionally clean. Beautiful, luxurious aesthetic. Perfectly sized 2 pin plugs, carefully built and precisely cut flexible heat shrink ear hooks and strain reliefs.

Negatives: Earhooks are difficult to use with glasses, a side effect of the sheer amount of material used. Do not use in public if you're attention averse.

Audio: Superbly balanced, not overly bright or emphasized in any region. Highs are moderately extended, mids are full and present, bass is warm and tactile. Less sub-bass emphasis than the EA 4 core SPC, but more present mid-bass. Notable feeling of spaciousness compared to the other two cables. An all-rounder than excels at soundstage and neutrality.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #2,634 of 9,228

"High purity, 4 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper + UPOCC silver in semi-Litz geometry and PE insulation (no more green copper oxide on your wire!). Blend of the best materials available for superior sound experience and ergonomics."

Positives: Clean, clear audio transmission, extended highs and impactful lows. Exceedingly durable build, super comfortable and practical appointments.

Audio: Slight emphasis on the higher mids can feel unnatural on certain IEMs, can be used to flatten or balance V-shaped or overly warm IEMs. On flat or mid-centric IEMs, the Forza can bring the vocals a bit too close and compress the soundstage.

Gu.Craftsman

Annotation 2019-09-19 235737.png

6N OCC Silver, 8 core, 22AWG (total)

Positives: Impeccable build quality, clean, beautiful aesthetic, best in the business ear-hooks an unique, flexible weave that rivals the best 4 core cables for flexibility

Negatives: lower-end secondary components than the Electro Acousti cables, 2 pin plugs are smaller, less secure than the Electro Acousti and Forza cables.

Audio: Remarkably full, warm tone, well extended in the highs, rich and tactile bass that never becomes overbearing. Highs are clear, but coherent, never sibilant. Tonality is more unified than micro-detailed, details are not lost, but fit into a larger picture rather than stand on their own. This is my favorite general purpose cable- it works exceptionally well with everything but the lowest input impedance IEMs, which tend to elevate the midbass and below.

Annotation 2019-09-20 001005.png

6N OCC Copper, 8 core, 22AWG (total)

Positives: Impeccable build quality, clean, beautiful aesthetic, best in the business ear-hooks an unique, flexible weave that rivals the best 4 core cables for flexibility

Negatives: lower-end secondary components than the Electro Acousti cables, 2 pin plugs are smaller, less secure than the Electro Acousti and Forza cables.

Audio: My favorite "reference" cable. Beautifully extended and impactful lows with an emphasis on sub-bass, clean, clear mids, perfectly placed highs that are never harsh, but well extended. Details are easily apparent and "pop" on cue. Despite copper's reputation, I find the Gu.Craftsman 8 core copper cleaner, "faster" and drier than the silver cable. This is my favorite cable for critical listening and works equally well with low and normal input impedance earphones.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #2,635 of 9,228
You are right it is the same vendors that are selling off of Amazon. However. I haven't seen the prices actually being better on Amazon. Most of the times the same cable on Aliexpress will be much cheaper. The negative being the wait times but there is much less risk when it comes to cables vs something like headphones bought from over seas. If you know what your looking for. Aliexpress has sales all the time where the same cable you would see on Amazon are half the price.
Yeah, I totally agree. Amazon is great for fast shipping and their return policy is great.. but you pay a higher price for that...so, if you are willing to be patient, Ali has better prices, but slower delivery time. Honestly, I've bought alot of gear from Aliexpress and as long as you choose their Standard Shipping option (which includes tracking), I've never had to wait more than 2.5 weeks to get anything...and I live in Canada. No extra customs fees, no extra taxes. Then again, I've been lucky because I have liked everything that I bought, so I have never had to return anything. Returns to Asia can be expensive, so that is something you need to consider...shipping costs back to the seller. Overall though, all my transactions with Aliexpress have gone well and smooth, and I personally don't mind the wait if it saves me a significant amount of $. I see it like this: my life wasn't missing anything before i bought any item. It's still not missing anything if i don't have it within a few days. Fast shipping isn't that much of a priority for me. I'd rather save money, than pay more to get stuff faster.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #2,636 of 9,228

Electro Acousti

Neotech Cryo 7N UP-OCC SPC Litz with clear and blue insulation. 4 core 28AWG, Eagle Rhodium plug, DIY P-3 O ring slider

Positives: Clear and detailed, revealing tonality throughout the spectrum, exceptionally clean. Striking aesthetic and superb flexibility- nearly weightless. Perfectly sized 2 pin plugs, carefully built and precisely cut flexible heat shrink ear hooks and strain reliefs.

Negatives: Though beautiful, the Y splitter is a little large for this fine gauge wire.

Audio: Bright and revealing cable with exceptional sub-bass extension and treble presence. Detailed presentation can come across as fatiguing, emphasizes extremes of V-shaped IEMs, augments and compliments flat or mid-centric IEMs.

Neotech Cryo 7N UP-OCC Copper/ SPC Litz. 8 core 28AWG, Eagle Rhodium plug.

Positives: Clear and detailed, balanced tonality throughout the spectrum, exceptionally clean. Beautiful, luxurious aesthetic. Perfectly sized 2 pin plugs, carefully built and precisely cut flexible heat shrink ear hooks and strain reliefs.

Negatives: Earhooks are difficult to use with glasses, a side effect of the sheer amount of material used. Do not use in public if you're attention averse.

Audio: Superbly balanced, not overly bright or emphasized in any region. Highs are moderately extended, mids are full and present, bass is warm and tactile. Less mid-bass emphasis than the EA 4 core SPC, but more present midbass. Notable feeling of spaciousness compared to the other two cables. An all-rounder than excels at soundstage and neutrality.

Gu.Craftsman

6N OCC Silver, 8 core, 22AWG (total)

Negatives: lower-end secondary components than the Electro Acoustic cables, 2 pin plugs are smaller, less secure than the Electro Acousti and Forza cables.

Audio: Remarkably full, warm tone, well extended in the highs, rich and tactile bass that never becomes overbearing. Highs are clear, but coherent, never sibilant. Tonality is more unified than micro-detailed, details are not lost, but fit into a larger picture rather than stand on their own. This is my favorite general purpose cable- it works exceptionally well with everything but the lowest input impedance IEMs, which tend to elevate the midbass and below.

6N OCC Copper, 8 core, 22AWG (total)

Negatives: lower-end secondary components than the Electro Acoustic cables, 2 pin plugs are smaller, less secure than the Electro Acousti and Forza cables.

Audio: My favorite "reference" cable. Beautifully extended and impactful lows with an emphasis on sub-bass, clean, clear mids, perfectly placed highs that are never harsh, but well extended. Details are easily apparent and "pop" on cue. Despite copper's reputation, I find the Gu.Craftsman 8 core copper cleaner, "faster" and drier than the silver cable. This is my favorite cable for critical listening and works equally well with low and normal input impedance earphones.
Thank you!! Superb impressions. It's comforting to read your comparison between Gu.Craftsman copper and silver (silver plated copper probably) cables: I also prefer the copper version, "cleaner, "faster" and drier than the silver cable" contrarily to what we could expect.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #2,637 of 9,228
Thank you!! Superb impressions. It's comforting to read your comparison between Gu.Craftsman copper and silver (silver plated copper probably) cables: I also prefer the copper version, "cleaner, "faster" and drier than the silver cable" contrarily to what we could expect.
Yeah, I keep reading about all of the "silver must be brighter because it's cooler colored" posts, but I don't hear it at all on this one, and it's one of the reasons I got the mixed SPC/ Copper to pair with pure silver on my next Electro-Acousti jeweled python. Pure silver can be too much of a good thing with those super low impedance 'phones!

Sep 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #2,638 of 9,228
Before I ask a question I just wanted to say how much I’ve really enjoyed this thread and how much money it has saved me.... so thanks guys

From my own experience buying budget cables I actually found the very cheapest cable to actually perform the best sound wise.... the difference with the cheapest one was marked... I even tried asking friends and family in case I was creating the improvement and all of them agreed.... that cable was the TRN and it cost me £4 from AliExpress..., the others **** Kbear, HiFi Hear, Nicechk etc don’t come close so far...

My question is if anyone would know what a difference if any a balanced TRRS 3.5mm 2 pin cable could make using either a DAP or IPhone say with or without a DAC (Mojo say) to a standard TRS 3.5mm Cable (assuming same core/thread size and thread)?

I haven’t seen a 3.5mm balanced cable before only 2.5mm and I know you don’t get the balanced effect using it in an unbalanced connection... but you just get the same signal as you would with an unbalanced cable...

The guy selling this cable is saying it is only for the Audeze iSine and will not work with most players and or earphones, what I don’t get is surely it would work it just wouldn’t be a balanced (dual) signal?

And if you don’t have a balanced output for it you will just get an unbalanced effect and it will perform as any other 3.5mm cable?

Is there any benefit buying such a cable ( I’m not looking to) I’m just curious as it seems to contradict what I think I know...

Thanks

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,639 of 9,228
Would you recommend the gu craftsman copper cable more than the hybrid electro acusti if I want more mids and less bass emphasis? Thanks!

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,640 of 9,228
Would you recommend the gu craftsman copper cable more than the hybrid electro acusti if I want more mids and less bass emphasis? Thanks!
I wouldn't. Hybrid UP-OCC wires are superior, IMO; you perceive tighter bass and better quality mids (thanks to bigger sound stage and blacker background) than with any other wire I've tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back