Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #707 of 889
  Has anyone found a screen protector for the PAW5000??
I was looking to buy the one for the LPG thinking it would fit, but it turns out the screen on the 5000 is larger than on the Gold, at least going by the Lotoo manuals:

LPG    1.8" 160x128
LP5K  2.0"  220x176

I found one here https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B013JFGIQM but......no Japanese speakers / readers in this house.

I bought this in America.  It fits perfectly and is invisible.  No bubble either.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JFGIQM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #708 of 889
  I bought this in America.  It fits perfectly and is invisible.  No bubble either.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JFGIQM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not for sale in Canada, no exceptions. I found this "Cut to Fit Kit”, http://www.nushield.com/ which is maybe not the best option for exposed, rounded corners, but likely better than nothing.

ASpencer, if I PayPal you for the protector plus shipping, would you be willing to order one and send it on to me? If not that's OK, I do understand.
Cheers,
PJ

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #711 of 889
  Looks like this player can't read ALAC formatted files.

I tried one ALAC formatted album and it did not work. The files were encoded at 24bit/48kHz... just produced digital noise. To be honest, I didn't try any other ALAC files as I mostly have FLAC files, so I wasn't overly bothered. Everything else I've played has worked as advertised.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #712 of 889
  Did my measurements today with the Lotoo PAW 5000:

This matches as well with the RMAA measurements. But why is Damp "High" = low output impedance and Damp "Low" = high output impedance, don't understand the idea behind, the opposite would make more sense to me.

Thanks for the measurements. Damp I suppose is the damping factor which is inversely proportional to output impedance. Hence; high Damp is low impedance and vise versa. 

It also feels like a gain switch as setting Damp to high noticeably makes the sound louder. Since the difference between low and high impedance is huge enough to be easily noticeable.

My only problem is than I hear background hiss with Damp set to high. the hiss gets amplified if the gain is also set to high.

I like how it sound in general but the amp is very weak. It is advertised to play almost all file format but it can't read most of my ALAC files. (Same goes with LPG). No wonder why the price now is way below what it used to charge for.

Lotoo should release a version of LPG shedding the unnecessary gold blings. I'm fine too if they use the 5K build materials as long as it sound like LPG and with the same capable amp and full SD. Shed a lot of the price the change for as well. LPG sounds good but the price is ridiculous.

Pehaps they only want to compete with Tera. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #713 of 889
I am trying to use the Lotoo PAW 5000 Bluetooth to drive my Chord Hugo. 

Several questions:

1)  Is this Bluetooth lossy?  Can I losslessly transmit the 44 Ksample/sec 16-bit samples of my CD rip?  The Lotoo indicates a bit rate of 256 kbits/sec, which is about 5.5 times lower than the simple product of two 16 bit channels at that 44.1 KHz rate, but it ALWAYS gives about that bit rate for my CD rips.

2.  What is the max bit rate of the Bluetooth transmission?

3.  Range seems to be super short from the PAW 5000 . a couple of feet, and lots of drop outs.  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #714 of 889
  I am trying to use the Lotoo PAW 5000 Bluetooth to drive my Chord Hugo. 

Several questions:

1)  Is this Bluetooth lossy?  Can I losslessly transmit the 44 Ksample/sec 16-bit samples of my CD rip?  The Lotoo indicates a bit rate of 256 kbits/sec, which is about 5.5 times lower than the simple product of two 16 bit channels at that 44.1 KHz rate, but it ALWAYS gives about that bit rate for my CD rips.

2.  What is the max bit rate of the Bluetooth transmission?

3.  Range seems to be super short from the PAW 5000 . a couple of feet, and lots of drop outs.  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

3. I've been testing my LP5K BT with the Riva Turbo X and am happy to reply I'm getting reliable pairing anywhere from 10-14 feet, no dropouts and the audio quality seems unaffected throughout the entire range. It would seem the receiving BT radio has much to offer regarding functional range. Fwiw Riva states 33 feet.

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #715 of 889
I have two small questions:

- can I use PAW 5000 as DAC with my PC?
- If I use BT, then I experience a small delay, like every track starts at the 2nd second and not where it should be. have any of you experience this before?

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #719 of 889

I upgraded to the latest firmware and, yet again, fail to see any changes.  Has anyone discerned what the latest firmware might have implemented?

What is the current version # and where is it available?

Thanks.

Date: 2016-07-01
Version: 6.1.0.8 - 6.1.0.9
change:
     1, does not support the format prompt identification reasons, such as WAV embedded DTS does not support, will add DTS words.
     2, to solve some of the abnormal file playback bug
     3, modify part of the prompt mode, need to press any key will disappear.

http://www.lotoo.cn/download/PAW5000_AP_6.1.0.9.rar

Didn't try it myself yet. Might be Chinese version. 

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #720 of 889

Date: 2016-07-01
Version: 6.1.0.8 - 6.1.0.9
change:
     1, does not support the format prompt identification reasons, such as WAV embedded DTS does not support, will add DTS words.
     2, to solve some of the abnormal file playback bug
     3, modify part of the prompt mode, need to press any key will disappear.

http://www.lotoo.cn/download/PAW5000_AP_6.1.0.9.rar

Didn't try it myself yet. Might be Chinese version. 

Thanks, nothing like having problems I've never experienced fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back