Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #721 of 889
Anyone in Australia there is a PAW 5000 on eBay Australia atm for just $149 AUD with some extra goodies, I thought about getting it again but left it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201828801565

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #722 of 889
Dear all,

I'm is the one who interested PAW 5000

Does PAW 5000 match with my requirement as following?

- Music style: Vocal e.g Susan Wong, New age: Kitaro, Instrumental: Kenny G. sometime Metalica, Megadeath but not often.

- I using headphone B&W P7, Monk Plus does PAW 5000 match with this? without addition portable amp.

Thanks in advance for your commend.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #723 of 889
  Dear all,

I'm is the one who interested PAW 5000

Does PAW 5000 match with my requirement as following?

- Music style: Vocal e.g Susan Wong, New age: Kitaro, Instrumental: Kenny G. sometime Metalica, Megadeath but not often.

- I using headphone B&W P7, Monk Plus does PAW 5000 match with this? without addition portable amp.

Thanks in advance for your commend.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work fine.  With music, matching your headphones with the music is most important. After that, any DAP you buy more needs to be functionally suitable for your needs than anything.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #724 of 889
i just finished reading through the whole thread, and im seriously considering buying the LP5K as an upgrade from Fiio x3ii, the low power issue however seems concerning (for full sized headphones at least)..will this be solved with any good portable amp?!

im thinking of getting fiio A5 to be paired with LP5K, more impressions with any other portable amp will be appreciated

current headphone rig: Philips Fidelio X2 and Grado SR225e

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #725 of 889
  i just finished reading through the whole thread, and im seriously considering buying the LP5K as an upgrade from Fiio x3ii, the low power issue however seems concerning (for full sized headphones at least)..will this be solved with any good portable amp?!

im thinking of getting fiio A5 to be paired with LP5K, more impressions with any other portable amp will be appreciated

I use a JDS labs C5D when needed but otherwise run the LP5K neat, it satisfies for most of my applications....I generally don't run it with demanding cans.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #726 of 889
Hi Blazer39, I just recently purchased a LP5K and I use it to run my Beyer 990's, you do need to wind the volume pretty far up but it is so smooth a DAP to listen to and for me, it is well above the X3ii any day. But then again so is the Shanling M2, far better sounding piece of kit! I use a few amps, the best being the O2 but my Little Bear B4 does a fab job and the OPPO HA-2 is also wonderful.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #727 of 889

it has a balanced in that helps quite a bit powerwise
if you're handy with an iron its the same pinout as astell&kern and the fiio am3

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #728 of 889
thanks everyone for your replies, really appreciate it..

im expecting the lotoo paw 5000 to arrive anytime soon, cant wait to try it!

still need more research time for proper amp tho

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #729 of 889
just got the LP5K yesterday, im still getting used to it but so far im impressed.

however there is some issues, i bought this as an used item..which looks new and work perfectly, however the previous user installed the sport band cradle back of the player..i cant seem to find proper way to remove it !!

i checked the user guides, no indication of how to remove it..should i just yank it off by force?

don't want to damage the player i just bought, anyone can help me on this?!

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #730 of 889
just got the LP5K yesterday, im still getting used to it but so far im impressed.

however there is some issues, i bought this as an used item..which looks new and work perfectly, however the previous user installed the sport band cradle back of the player..i cant seem to find proper way to remove it !!

i checked the user guides, no indication of how to remove it..should i just yank it off by force?

don't want to damage the player i just bought, anyone can help me on this?!

It does snap on and off with a degree of force, since the cradle holds the player tightly in place. When you disengage it, try prying aside the clutch on top to loosen it.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #731 of 889
Finally, Bluetooth volume control on latest firmware. =)

2017-04-17: Updated 6.1.0.10
1, optimize some m4a file playback problems
2, add some of the file decoding error when prompted
3, the system settings to add "unlock mode" function, the default is "any key"
4, play the settings to add "Bluetooth volume" function, the default is "adjustable"

May 17, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #732 of 889
Finally, Bluetooth volume control on latest firmware. =)

2017-04-17: Updated 6.1.0.10
1, optimize some m4a file playback problems
2, add some of the file decoding error when prompted
3, the system settings to add "unlock mode" function, the default is "any key"
4, play the settings to add "Bluetooth volume" function, the default is "adjustable"

do you have the link for this update?

May 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #734 of 889
After Windows 10 Creators Edition completely hosed my USB audio, I'm using the PAW 5000 SPDIF --> Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC --> Cavalli Liquid Carbon. The PAW 5000 works fine as a transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back