Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #692 of 889
I really enjoy Grado headphones, and I think I have the largest collection in private captivity! I rotate through them, and I have compared each Grado to several other Grados, so can help others choose the one they want.

In fact, it was Grado that brought me to Lotoo...it is the player that Grado uses for their own headphone evaluation: PAW Gold for reference, PAW 5000 for portable. I have and love both.

Some would call that over the top, I see it as wonderful. Care to invite me over for a listen, hehe.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #693 of 889
Some would call that over the top, I see it as wonderful. Care to invite me over for a listen, hehe.

Of course...I'm in Ann Arbor, MI...where are you?

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #695 of 889
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the volume rocker on the LP5K does not work with the screen locked....

Meanwhile I emailed a Lotoo rep (got the email off the LPG forum) asking for the latest LP5K firmware, which turns out to be 6.1.0.8. Having no idea what features or bugs were addressed in this version since no notes were attached, I can't say what this upgrade provides but I can confirm the volume rocker works with the screen locked. I didn't test that with the previous version. By the way, upgrading is just so nice; put the file on your SD card and insert. Voila, it's done.

So with the new firmware version a long press advances or reverses songs (same as before), while a short press changes the volume. With multiple short presses you can make a significant volume adjustment......works like a charm.

I can't say enough about this little guy, I am really enjoying it. I also liked my N5 but found it a little too crisp for lack of a better term, although I will say in the week I used it, burn-in improved it no end.

The 5000 cradle is so practical and holds two micro SD cards for larger music libraries, so with the one in the player a total of three cards can be carried on the go, that's a nice touch. I truly feel with this firmware version, UI, battery life and accessories Lotoo has made a rock solid awesome player. I also really appreciate the fact the unit updates the music library without having to select that function. And pairing it with the JDS C5D has put it over the top for me, just an excellent combo.

My only small wish would be to enable the Function button with the screen locked. Overall I couldn't be happier.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #697 of 889
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the volume rocker on the LP5K does not work with the screen locked....

Meanwhile I emailed a Lotoo rep (got the email off the LPG forum) asking for the latest LP5K firmware, which turns out to be 6.1.0.8. Having no idea what features or bugs were addressed in this version since no notes were attached, I can't say what this upgrade provides but I can confirm the volume rocker works with the screen locked. I didn't test that with the previous version. By the way, upgrading is just so nice; put the file on your SD card and insert. Voila, it's done.

So with the new firmware version a long press advances or reverses songs (same as before), while a short press changes the volume. With multiple short presses you can make a significant volume adjustment......works like a charm.

I can't say enough about this little guy, I am really enjoying it. I also liked my N5 but found it a little too crisp for lack of a better term, although I will say in the week I used it, burn-in improved it no end.

The 5000 cradle is so practical and holds two micro SD cards for larger music libraries, so with the one in the player a total of three cards can be carried on the go, that's a nice touch. I truly feel with this firmware version, UI, battery life and accessories Lotoo has made a rock solid awesome player. I also really appreciate the fact the unit updates the music library without having to select that function. And pairing it with the JDS C5D has put it over the top for me, just an excellent combo.

My only small wish would be to enable the Function button with the screen locked. Overall I couldn't be happier.

Do you have a link for the latest firmware?

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #703 of 889
I don't see any release notes though. I hope they do so.

I forgot to check when this update was released. I've only had my player for a week so there's nothing for me to draw on regarding operational changes. It is nice to see the software team has the LP5K in mind, sure hope they activate the Function button when the screen is locked, that way most everyone would have their needs answered -- one way or the other.

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #704 of 889
Has anyone found a screen protector for the PAW5000??
I was looking to buy the one for the LPG thinking it would fit, but it turns out the screen on the 5000 is larger than on the Gold, at least going by the Lotoo manuals:

LPG    1.8" 160x128
LP5K  2.0"  220x176

I found one here https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B013JFGIQM but......no Japanese speakers / readers in this house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back