Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #841 of 889
Last week I brought Lotoo PAW5KMK2, I am getting difficulty to get the Manual in English version, can suggest from where I can get.

And also I want update the latest Firmware, it is possible share the procedure how to do that?

And the Battery life is less than 5 hours, what is the nominal requirement of adapter for charging..

Thanks

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #842 of 889
Last week I brought Lotoo PAW5KMK2, I am getting difficulty to get the Manual in English version, can suggest from where I can get.

And also I want update the latest Firmware, it is possible share the procedure how to do that?

And the Battery life is less than 5 hours, what is the nominal requirement of adapter for charging..

Thanks

Hope you like the player, I love the way it sounds. This is the manual I used, it is for the MKI though. The manual covers everything for the MK2 quite comfortably. I have noticed battery lifespan varies depending on the two side switches, damp and gain.

I bought my Paw a few weeks ago and have firmware version: 7.1.0.6. I was looking for the firmware download link for you and I noticed there is a new version (7.1.0.7). No change log included, let it be a surprise. I almost forgot, download the firmware, unzip and copy the file(s) to the SD card. Select "system settings" then "Firmware upgrade" from the player.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #845 of 889
My Lotoo PAW 5000 suddenly refuses to acknowledge a charge: I charge it via its USB port and no matter how long I leave it charging, it shows no more than 28% charged.

When I hook its USB to my computer instead of a charger, it gives me a choice for the USB as Power vs. Connection, with the default at Power. Wonder if it got stuck in USB Connection mode and won’t charge?

I tried the pinhole reset on the bottom to no effect, as well as a variety of USB cables and chargers. The USB digitial connection works fine, so I think the connection is good.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Did you fix this issue? How?

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #847 of 889
Is there a North American dealer/service network for Lotoo?

In the manual it states that KS Distribution is a Lotoo distributor for Germany and UK. Which is of no use to you. Send an email to service@lotoo.cn if nobody can answer your question.

I remember the mess I got into with iBasso; having to send the unit back to China registered as a $20 soundcard.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #848 of 889
Did you fix this issue? How?
Yes, I did fix the power issue...by updating the firmware. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago under the old firmware, and then the problem developed for apparently no reason at all, but updating to the current firmware from the Lotoo site fixed it.

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #849 of 889
Just got the mk1 in from Joybuy,a steal at £125, I guess I got lucky as the price is now £218,it comes with firmware 6.1.0.11
and I have seen there is a 6.1.0.13, was this the last firmware release for the mk1 and what changes does it bring.

cheers.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #850 of 889
Do you know if there is a protective case, well fitting and cheap, like the one I found for my Plenue D ?
image.php

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #852 of 889
I was rather thinking of a closed "hard mesh" case, but thank you anyway for the tip...

May 3, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #854 of 889
Meanwhile, the selling of the targeted used LP5000 was cancelled, and instead I bought an used XDP-30R...
But your picture shows exactly what I was looking for :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back