1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, May 6, 2015.
First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59
Next

Last
  1. melody50
    Last week I brought Lotoo PAW5KMK2, I am getting difficulty to get the Manual in English version, can suggest from where I can get.

And also I want update the latest Firmware, it is possible share the procedure how to do that?

And the Battery life is less than 5 hours, what is the nominal requirement of adapter for charging..

Thanks

2. Hugs and Kisses
    Hope you like the player, I love the way it sounds. This is the manual I used, it is for the MKI though. The manual covers everything for the MK2 quite comfortably. I have noticed battery lifespan varies depending on the two side switches, damp and gain.

I bought my Paw a few weeks ago and have firmware version: 7.1.0.6. I was looking for the firmware download link for you and I noticed there is a new version (7.1.0.7). No change log included, let it be a surprise. I almost forgot, download the firmware, unzip and copy the file(s) to the SD card. Select "system settings" then "Firmware upgrade" from the player.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    HungryPanda likes this.
  3. shotgunshane Contributor
    Less than 5 hours battery life for mk2?

No thanks. I’m plenty happy with the OG.

4. Hugs and Kisses
    Battery life far from amazing but not as bad as five hours.

5. puworld
    Did you fix this issue? How?

6. gregorya
    Is there a North American dealer/service network for Lotoo?

7. Hugs and Kisses
    In the manual it states that KS Distribution is a Lotoo distributor for Germany and UK. Which is of no use to you. Send an email to service@lotoo.cn if nobody can answer your question.

I remember the mess I got into with iBasso; having to send the unit back to China registered as a $20 soundcard.

gregorya likes this.
  8. ruthieandjohn
    Yes, I did fix the power issue...by updating the firmware. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago under the old firmware, and then the problem developed for apparently no reason at all, but updating to the current firmware from the Lotoo site fixed it.

HungryPanda likes this.
  9. cattlethief
    Just got the mk1 in from Joybuy,a steal at £125, I guess I got lucky as the price is now £218,it comes with firmware 6.1.0.11
    and I have seen there is a 6.1.0.13, was this the last firmware release for the mk1 and what changes does it bring.

cheers.

10. XP_98
    Do you know if there is a protective case, well fitting and cheap, like the one I found for my Plenue D ?
    [​IMG]

11. Hugs and Kisses
    The only one I know of is the one from Penon Audio. Looks like it may save the extruded screen in the likely event of a fall and all the buttons remain usable.

12. XP_98
    I was rather thinking of a closed "hard mesh" case, but thank you anyway for the tip...

13. zig3n
  14. XP_98
    Meanwhile, the selling of the targeted used LP5000 was cancelled, and instead I bought an used XDP-30R...
    But your picture shows exactly what I was looking for :)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59
Next

Last