Looking for some help on what to get.
Jun 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #16 of 25
I went back to BB but this time I had several good cd quality tracks on my phone. First I listened to the P5s. This time the sound was just about perfect. Nice tight bass, great highs and good mids. Then I went and did the same to the to the HD558s. It seemed to have a little more on the high side but not as much on the lower end. They had some others that I didnt like. Pioneer SE-MJ591, Audio Tecnica ATH-A900X, AKG-K495NC, AKG-K550, and one other one that had wood on the cans.

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #19 of 25
I went back to BB but this time I had several good cd quality tracks on my phone. First I listened to the P5s. This time the sound was just about perfect. Nice tight bass, great highs and good mids. Then I went and did the same to the to the HD558s. It seemed to have a little more on the high side but not as much on the lower end. They had some others that I didnt like. Pioneer SE-MJ591, Audio Tecnica ATH-A900X, AKG-K495NC, AKG-K550, and one other one that had wood on the cans.

When you say "wood on the cans" - the HD 598s have wood on them. Or do you mean a full woodie? Like the W1000X?

Anyways, the "ranking" in the gear section I think is based on popularity, not anything objective - sort of like Product Wiki - but I'm not certain. There is no universal "best headphone in the world."

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #20 of 25
Just the outside of the can was a wood cover. I think if there was a headphone that had just a little more bass and had the highs of the 558s that would be the ticket.

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #25 of 25
Well from what I have read they have good highs and the bass is not bad either. I like the sound of the P5s, it just needs a bit more top and bottom.

They will have substantially more up top (than most headphones; they border on aggressive) and less on bottom than quite a few headphones. Allow me to introduce you to the world of measurements:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/GradoSR325i.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BowersandWilkinsP5.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back