Looking for Closed back, neutral yet lively, not needed to be amped headphones under 300$. Help please!
Jun 13, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #16 of 40
Have you l looked into the SRH940?  Seems to fit the description in your title pretty well.

The DT880 suggestion would be quite good, but it's not closed.  I'm not sure how the closed beyers compare to be perfectly honest.

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #17 of 40
And that's fair enough, mrrogers. You heard Dan's pair or I should say Mike200's Mad Dogs.

It would be up to your listening preferences, as I said earlier the Paradox isn't for everyone because how neutral it is.

Dan also did two different types, one with the 840 pads which were brighter, and another with 003 pads which were 
darker. Those are the one's I have currently. But I don't know if he still offers those optons.

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #18 of 40
I believe LFF's mod is the same amount. I don't think LFF has a site, but PM him he's extremely nice and helpful.

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #19 of 40
Not sure if the 003 T50's are being used..anymore??
Acoording to Dan,who emaled me about the recent upgrade,, affects the base signature ,on the 840's..pads.

As far as I know,the upgrade doesn't even apply to your 003 t50's,and is not available..??

Correct me ,if I'm wrong on this,Paradox..

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:
Not sure if the 003 T50's are being used..anymore??
Acoording to Dan,who emaled me about the recent upgrade,, affects the base signature ,on the 840's..pads.

As far as I know,the upgrade doesn't even apply to your 003 t50's,and is not available..??

Correct me ,if I'm wrong on this,Paradox.

You're correct on his improved mod. It uses the 840 pads. So when I send them to Dan I won't have my beloved 003 pads anymore. 
frown.gif

But he's assured me it's for the better. hahaa

And that's why I said I don't know if he'll offer the 003 pads anymore, I suppose upon request he still might.

BtW: You sending yours in too?

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #21 of 40
thanks for the info guys, i honestly dont know what i want yet, especially when i havent heard neither. i havent even heard the unmodded t50rp yet but it should be coming in today.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 40
Now not sure weather to get the SRH940, or LFF Paradox. The fact that the SRH is made by an actual respected, established company and not just a random person (no offense LFF) for some reason gives me more comfort, but I think the Paradox might be better. :/

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #23 of 40
I think you should check LFF's info out. PM him, he's not just some guy, He's an actual engineer, and his mods are highly regarded here.
Between himself and Dan, I don't think anyone out there is modding with the high performance/low price comparatively.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #24 of 40
did LFF and MrSpeaker actually said what they actually did modding wise ? I mean 300$ for just some newplast and a diffrent felt on the back of the planardriver is a bit steep , so i guess they did more than the casual stuff ?

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:
did LFF and MrSpeaker actually said what they actually did modding wise ? I mean 300$ for just some newplast and a diffrent felt on the back of the planardriver is a bit steep , so i guess they did more than the casual stuff ?

Yes, it's more than just newplast and felt. There is also a lot tinkering with drivers to match them properly. If you want in depth detail contact them.

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #27 of 40
Quote:
The question still stands SRH940, or LFF? 
confused_face_2.gif

No one can make that decision for you. Have you even bothered to contact LFF and inquire about his techniques, or the sound quality?
Have you contacted Shure and inquired?

Not sure how much more can be said here, my opinion is anything but Dan's or Luis's mods are a waste. They simply outperform everything else.

You're just gonna have to make that decision for yourself. Good luck! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #30 of 40
All kinds, that's why I want an all around type headphone hence my interest in the LFF, though compared to other genres I don't listen to any dubstep, and not much hip hop or metal or EDM. So bass heavy isn't a huge priority, although it must be there because I do listen to some... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back