Look for great IEM's for under ~$50
Dec 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

TheFragileOne

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm currently looking for good IEM's for ~$50. I may or may not buy new IEM's because I might get a free pair of Apple Earpods (hoping they're better than the Skullcandy's) but, I was thinking about buying a pair of Steelseries Siberia V2's since I want a new headset. So I'm not too against buying headphones and a separate mic or something. The only problem I have with headphones is I listen to music at school pretty much all the time and I feel they may be an issue. I listen to pretty much every genre of music. I mainly listen to Hip-Hop/Rap, Rock, Alternative, and K-Pop.

I'm currently using cheap-o Skullcandy Ink'd's and they are not very good. They're very uncomfortable after a while of use and I can't get them in right like I can with other IEM's. I do enjoy the bass when they're shoved in correctly and I can feel the bass - but other than that they sound quite bad. If anyone owns a pair of Siberia V2's, could someone tell me how to sound quality is for music?

I was looking at the MEE "P" What deal for $15 since all of the IEM's seem nice with good bass. Klipsch S4's are on-sale for $45 on Amazon currently and those look extremely nice. The Sennheiser HD 428 SC's are on-sale for $50 at Newegg which is the reason why I was considering them. The Sennheiser's are also on-sale for $20 at Newegg but I heard they weren't very good.

Thanks for reading and helping me out.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 42
Preferably IEM's because of school. When I'm home I usually use my X11's with some music in the background as I play League of Legends. I like the sound of my X11's even though there's no heavy bass.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 42
yes i understand but under 50 USD, most of them usually have little-bass and lack of clarity. i use shure cx-500 and creative ep-630 in low-cost category, there are cool bass. i can recomend it.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 42
Quote:
yes i understand but under 50 USD, most of them usually have little-bass and lack of clarity. i use shure cx-500 and creative ep-630 in low-cost category, there are cool bass. i can recomend it.

By schure cx-500 do you mean Sennheiser CX-500's? How much are they and where can I purchase them because I looked for them but couldn't find them.

Quote:
MH1C YAYY

Where can you buy these? On Sony's website they're $80.

I suppose I could spend more than $50 but I want to spend the least amount as possible.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 42
i'm no expert by any stretch... but I wanted a decent set of IEM for portable use and and sound isolation when I didn't want to drag along my big semi-open akg k240s... 

I picked up a set of Sennheiser cx150... $17 or so shipped from newegg... I know you can find them other places for cheap as well... I think they've been discountinued so they're closeouts. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106589

that being said I've never liked the way IEM fit even with several size options they just never fit well... so I picked up some Comply foam tips... while they still aren't perfect they sound pretty good, a bit bass heavy for my taste but still better then any other IEM or ear bud that i've used (not that that has been that many)... 

for the price i'm very happy with them, work great at blocking out noise... may dabble into something better when I have some spare cash and give these to my wife who likes em... but for now they are great for when I'm reading in a noisy location

the downside is also what makes me like em so much... that they block out so much noise that to hear anyone I have to pull one out

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:
Yes i mean, Sennheiser cx-500. you can find it in amazon.com. it is a great product. it is nearly 30-40 USD or you may look e-bay. But there are so many fakes, beware!

Is there any way to be sure it's the real deal? http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-500-W-Lightweight-Headphone/dp/B000WOM7JQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355277429&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx+500 It says 500-W and it's crazy on sale so I'm not too sure it's real. Any advice?
Quote:
i'm no expert by any stretch... but I wanted a decent set of IEM for portable use and and sound isolation when I didn't want to drag along my big semi-open akg k240s... 

I picked up a set of Sennheiser cx150... $17 or so shipped from newegg... I know you can find them other places for cheap as well... I think they've been discountinued so they're closeouts. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106589

that being said I've never liked the way IEM fit even with several size options they just never fit well... so I picked up some Comply foam tips... while they still aren't perfect they sound pretty good, a bit bass heavy for my taste but still better then any other IEM or ear bud that i've used (not that that has been that many)... 

for the price i'm very happy with them, work great at blocking out noise... may dabble into something better when I have some spare cash and give these to my wife who likes em... but for now they are great for when I'm reading in a noisy location

the downside is also what makes me like em so much... that they block out so much noise that to hear anyone I have to pull one out

Yeah I saw those too and they looked like a great deal, but wasn't too sure on sound quality.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 42
By schure cx-500 do you mean Sennheiser CX-500's? How much are they and where can I purchase them because I looked for them but couldn't find them.

Where can you buy these? On Sony's website they're $80.

I suppose I could spend more than $50 but I want to spend the least amount as possible.

They suppose to be around $30. Maybe try on ebay

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #14 of 42
I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Soundmagic E10's. I actually just purchased some for my friend. I haven't owned any unfortunately. I just got some E30's (stupid things still haven't came in). but i have heard really good stuff about the e10's. I've heard the bass is pretty good. It's around neutrual, but not lacking. From what it sounds like e10's would be a great option for you. They even have an integrated mic option. Check out reviews though, decide for yourself. But i would certainly reccomend it for you.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:
I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Soundmagic E10's. I actually just purchased some for my friend. I haven't owned any unfortunately. I just got some E30's (stupid things still haven't came in). but i have heard really good stuff about the e10's. I've heard the bass is pretty good. It's around neutrual, but not lacking. From what it sounds like e10's would be a great option for you. They even have an integrated mic option. Check out reviews though, decide for yourself. But i would certainly reccomend it for you.

Hm alright, I'll look into them. If you can listen to your friends pair, can you tell me how they are? I'm pretty much a noob with the techy words, so simple words would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back