Look for great IEM's for under ~$50
Dec 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:
Definition is different than soundstage and is closer to instrument separation (ie: distinctly hearing different instruments). Soundstage is all about the perceived placement of the instruments in a song. The RE0's have a narrow soundstage in that you don't perceive any of the instruments to be placed farther than a few feet back, though there is a soundstage it is just short and narrow. Some IEMs have terrific soundstage where the sound can be percieved to be coming from eons away and not just from left or right, but up or down and center. In this price-range there is normally a sacrifice to be made: either you get great instrument separation/detail and a small soundstage or you can get a bigger soundstage at the detriment to some detail. Gotta spend 100+ to get both (RE 262 at the closeout price of $100 is a good example of an IEM that has good detail and a decent soundstage, though there are better ones they just cost much more).

Thanks for the help, bhima. So with a FiiO E5 or E6, would the RE0's produce the sound I am looking for? Or can the GR06 come close without the amp?

Edit: Well, I just bought the Vsonic GR06's, hopefully I enjoy them. I'm probably going to have to get used to the over the ear, but no big deal. I went with the GR06's just because of a lot of people having their RE0's breaking on them.

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #33 of 42
The fact that your considering apple buds and think gaming headsets sound good for music means you'll be impressed with generally everything and these are great IEMs for the price.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:
The fact that your considering apple buds and think gaming headsets sound good for music means you'll be impressed with generally everything and these are great IEMs for the price.

I don't think Apple buds are good at all. I hate them in fact. But I tried earpods and they aren't THAT bad. Also, I already got my pair of Vsonic GR06's and I enjoy them a lot. But they don't have as much bass as I'd like so hopefully I'll get used to it or something.

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:
I don't think Apple buds are good at all. I hate them in fact. But I tried earpods and they aren't THAT bad. Also, I already got my pair of Vsonic GR06's and I enjoy them a lot. But they don't have as much bass as I'd like so hopefully I'll get used to it or something.

Get a portable amp

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #36 of 42
JVC HA-FX40.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:
Was thinking either FiiO E5 or E6. Which would you recommend? Apparently the E5 has a better bass boosted EQ while the E6 has better standard (flat?) EQ sound quality.

I doubt you would notice much difference between them apart from the actual build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back