LCD-X and XC Update
May 10, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #2,462 of 2,740
i would like to get more feedback on the differences between lcd xc 2019 and 2021, which has a more warm sound, and is more suitable for electronic music and metal, I prefer with those genres to have a warmer headphone, or shall I go with the new lcd 2f

May 16, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #2,464 of 2,740
Is the LCD-X + Hugo 2 a good combo? I'm considering buying a used LCD-X soon
I have the above combo. My LCD-X is the 2021 update. Sounds great.

May 27, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #2,467 of 2,740
Got the LCD -XC last year, and I have to say the the pairing with the Project Ember ii sounds extremely good to my (very untrained, admittedly) ear... I got the Ember for my Atticus to see what the high ohm output could do.with them- but very much prefer the LCD-XC. I have tried them off my IFI Zen Can and that combo just doesn't work for me. Just sharing for what it's worth.

May 28, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #2,469 of 2,740
May 28, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #2,470 of 2,740
Anyone try this mod on the X Series?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:454526

I would like to try different earpads, but being glued make things hard.
not sure what your end goal is... but you might instead opt to go to a sewing/fabric shop and get some double sided tape... then you can use the tape to hold the pads while you evaluate them... and if you decide on a single set you can then apply the official Audeze mount or just use the double sided tape....

May 29, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #2,471 of 2,740
not sure what your end goal is... but you might instead opt to go to a sewing/fabric shop and get some double sided tape... then you can use the tape to hold the pads while you evaluate them... and if you decide on a single set you can then apply the official Audeze mount or just use the double sided tape....
Official Audeze mount?

I would like to change earpads like I usually do on my Sony Z1R

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #2,472 of 2,740
Official Audeze mount?

I would like to change earpads like I usually do on my Sony Z1R
according to Audeze they use their double sided tape as it seals the edges of the pads correctly so they wont leak sound and create FR problems... if your just rolling pads until you settle on a set of pads then the sewing/fabric store double sided tape is the way to go until you get through testing the pads... dekoni also sells the solution for pad rolling on Audeze... https://dekoniaudio.com/product/rep...for-dekoni-audio-lcd-series-earpads-one-pair/

May 29, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #2,474 of 2,740
@Audeze
Would you kindly make it so the xc earpads can swivel like the lcd5 so they dont takea metric cube of space in my luggage? It could be done with a simple swap of those metal supports, you could sell it as "travel mode"

May 29, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #2,475 of 2,740
Somehow other manufacturers including planars makers do not have that issue. What is so unique about Audeze phones?
Clip and twist plastic mounting rings like Fostex is using create very tight seal, add some padding to the back of the pad that compresses when mounted and it will be air tight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back