Last-Minute Holiday Gift Ideas for Head-Fi'ers
Dec 21, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #16 of 18
Thank you for posting these ideas...they are indeed out of most people's budgets. :) :)

That said, can anyone point me to headphone amp manufacturers who can provide me a headphone amp at <= $300-ish wherein I can have 35-50 dB GAIN??

Please don't tell me that's too much, I know what I'm doing and why I need that much gain etc.
Custom make is okay and I *don't" have golden ears, just an ear that needs a lot of gain.
The amp will drive Sennheiser HD 515s after I can afford to buy a sound card capable of playing hi-rez digital -- e.g. 24/96 and 24/192.

Thank you, Tom

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #17 of 18
Maybe the title isn't exactly right - this is more 'Jude's current pick of the litter' - but it's a great, aspirational read.

Now a companion piece for those of us obsessed by how much audio can be had for not much?

s.

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #18 of 18
Take a guess Satkinsn,

used/vintage audio gear and if you know what to look for you can build your self a more than decent system without breaking the bank or torturing the wallet until it is empty and without life. DIY-skills help though...

Strange, no mention of the PX200 II which is one of the best portable headphones with full size sound you can find with decent isolation, my opinion of course. Impressive feat by Sennheiser.

Then again, is there a thing like a perfect list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back