Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King
Nov 4, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #121 of 2,344
Just got my pair of these headphones yesterday and I've got to say while there not as comfortable as my 555s I'm solidly impressed. I find vocals on these things great, has a good amount of bass, and drum symbols sound fantastic. I'll post a great big full review in a couple of weeks, until then I've got to run these babies through there "tests". 
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #123 of 2,344
Yup it's on the right driver enclosure. I think it's a neat fature but I honestly don't like it that much. I think it would induce more crosstalk than anything.

Quote:
does the DJ100 really have a stereo/mono switch?

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #124 of 2,344

Quote:
does the DJ100 really have a stereo/mono switch?

Since it's a DJ headphone, it's for when DJ's one-ear it, which often they do.  (It keeps you from losing the other channel's info when you one-ear it.)

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #125 of 2,344
It's pretty useful actually. I use it very rarely on some older recordings that were obviously meant for speakers (See: Tommy). 

I would really like to try mixing with it though. Need to find head to a friend's show and do some guest DJing. :D

Quote:
Since it's a DJ headphone, it's for when DJ's one-ear it, which often they do.  (It keeps you from losing the other channel's info when you one-ear it.)

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #126 of 2,344
Got mine in today.  I think I prefer my HD555 and FA-011 (maybe I just like open phones?), but these should make a good pair of office phones.  My solution to the shallow earpads was to take a page out of the FA-011 modding handbook and stuff some old CAT5 cable under the pads.  Lots more comfortable, though it did change the sound signature a bit by moving the drivers away from your ears.

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #127 of 2,344
Just a heads up. I was hard at work on my DJ100 review when I won the Creative Aurvana Live contest. They've just arrived and we've got an interesting shoot out on our hands. Look for my review in a week or so. 

Not to bogart the thread, but I know some people on he fence here that might like the comparison. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #128 of 2,344

Quote:
Just a heads up. I was hard at work on my DJ100 review when I won the Creative Aurvana Live contest. They've just arrived and we've got an interesting shoot out on our hands. Look for my review in a week or so. 

Not to bogart the thread, but I know some people on he fence here that might like the comparison. 

Looking forward to the review or comparison. I always felt the Creative Aurvana Live was a pretty good headphone for the price. The cups were kind of a problem for me though.

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #129 of 2,344
We're definitely going to differ on that. Then again I'm comparing stock vs stock for the review. Expect a surprise twist at the end though. :D

Quote:
Looking forward to the review or comparison. I always felt the Creative Aurvana Live was a pretty good headphone for the price. The cups were kind of a problem for me though.

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #130 of 2,344
Quote:

Very cool, I was torn between which one to get for a bassy portable for a while.

Don't regret going with the Koss though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #131 of 2,344
You made the right choice. The CAL is a good headphone but surprisingly bass light.

EDIT: My review is posted. Check my sig. 

Quote:
Very cool, I was torn between which one to get for a bassy portable for a while.

Don't regret going with the Koss though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #134 of 2,344

Quote:
Can you describe how the DJ100 fits? How does it fold up in the case, if you have any pictures thatd be great.

I dont have the DJ100, but it folds like the other two in that pict, maybe someone with the M50 and DJ100 can confirm that they are about same size. the M50 and HP700 fits perfect.

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #135 of 2,344
i bought the koss case for the dj100 and fits ok.

Maybe not the best, but for $16 it does the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back